Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 20:32   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot
i was wondering if someone definitively knows a good mechanic for servicing Skodas in Bangalore. I do see a mention of a couple of places like Bosch / United motors but they aren't assertive enough. I was wondering if any one has extensivly serviced their Skoda / or knows someone who does at non-dealer service centre. Even though I have read a lot of horror stories about the Skodas, I'm yet willing to bet my buck on an Octavia. I'd really appreciate it if I can get this information.
Stand by united 30000 kms later still doing fine with them .....they have some areas to improve but professional upper mgmnt covers for it ....sorry mmissed this thread earlier
hiunni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 10:49   #47
BHPian

re: Skoda Non-Dealer Service Centers

hello.
Im posting a query on behalf of a friend. Its about his 2004 skoda octavia run about 125,000. Its been getting pretty expensive to fix every now and then at Skoda. Can anyone recommend or suggest someone in gurgaon who he can go to. He will be speaking to the bosch people today. Is there anyone else ? and is there some place where one can procure parts for skoda's in delhi/gurgaon?
Thanks in advance!
Old 10th October 2012, 12:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
hello.
Im posting a query on behalf of a friend. Its about his 2004 skoda octavia run about 125,000. Its been getting pretty expensive to fix every now and then at Skoda. Can anyone recommend or suggest someone in gurgaon who he can go to. He will be speaking to the bosch people today. Is there anyone else ? and is there some place where one can procure parts for skoda's in delhi/gurgaon?
Thanks in advance!
I have been using the services of one guy for the last one year plus, he has been looking after a friends and my Laura, he is quite good with all European cars.

His name is Ravi Malhotra 9873179688. Workshop is in Phase 3.
dexter78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeramesh View Post
Right folks, so decided to take the plunge and get the Skoda Superb serviced in Pune. The Service indicator was stating that it needed to be serviced in the next 700 kms in any case.
Reached out to both Tune-Up Plus in Baner and Pramod Auto Scan (who also is based in Baner now). Felt more comfortable leaving the vehicle in the hands of Abhishek Karkare who handles Pramod Auto Scan.
--Ramesh
Hey Ramesh, would you have the contact number for Pramod Auto Scan? Thanks a ton.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th October 2012 at 02:59. Reason: Please avoid quoting a large post as it causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:23   #50

Sure mb_jg. His name is Abhishek Karkare and his contact numbers are +91 9325118542 and +91 8007192348. He has recently shifted his workshop to be next to the Holiday Inn on the Pune BLR highway near the balewadi stadium. Would also suggest you check Abhijeet Londkar from Tune Up Plus. People have given him good reviews on the forum. He too is located in Baner / Balewadi and his contact number is +91 9822049346
writeramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:25   #51
BHPian

This would have been a true blessing in disguise if Bangalore had one. That would have ensured and pressurized the Skoda Service centers to be at the tip of their toes.

The amount of gizmo-tronics that European makes are "known" to have makes my knees go weak when I think of approaching a non-Skoda mechanic.

Watching a service being done right before my eyes quite a few months ago, what I understood was that the only "gizmo-tronic" stuff that's actually done at a Skoda service center is that that the VAG updates some software for which they charge 700bucks...phew.

Everything else was purely mechanical!
Old 10th October 2012, 17:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Sure mb_jg. His name is Abhishek Karkare and his contact numbers are +91 9325118542 and +91 8007192348. He has recently shifted his workshop to be next to the Holiday Inn on the Pune BLR highway near the balewadi stadium. Would also suggest you check Abhijeet Londkar from Tune Up Plus. People have given him good reviews on the forum. He too is located in Baner / Balewadi and his contact number is +91 9822049346
Thanks buddy, will talk to them.
Old 10th October 2012, 18:35   #53
BHPian

Goa:
Bosch Car Service
Orions
L-92, Phase - II,
Verna Industrial Area,
Salcete,
Verna
Pin Code: 403 722
Goa
Contact Person: Mr.Gavin Pinto
Ph: 9823018012
Old 11th October 2012, 08:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

So Kerala boasts of India's first private service centre exclusively for Skoda

http://www.germantech.co.in/

Kottayam, Trivandrum & Calicut ..
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 11:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Thanks buddy, will talk to them.
Hi Manish,

I have interacted with him several times. How was you experience?

BTW: I am unable to find your discussion Pune school admission.
Old 19th November 2012, 13:13   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did call up Europa Skoda which is near Wakad in Pune and was told that the next available appointment was mid-december (13th to be more precise)!!!

Reached out to both Tune-Up Plus in Baner and Pramod Auto Scan (who also is based in Baner now). Felt more comfortable leaving the vehicle in the hands of Abhishek Karkare who handles Pramod Auto Scan. Gave him a few trip questions too to check if his diagnosis was spot on, basis inputs I had received from other folks. Was quite happy that his diagnosis was correct on several fronts. Liked the fact that he didn't try to sell me a package service deal like the Skoda folks tend to do. He took the time out to explain each activity he was planning to carry out. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, was very happy with the attitude, knowledge and service of Abhishek, and would definitely recommend him to others.

--Ramesh
Thanks for this.
Can you update the exact work done, and the charges?
Do they have ready stock of original Skoda spares?
How is the car running post Pramod Auto Scan?

Yours is a Superb petrol? older V6 or the new TSi?
Old 19th November 2012, 17:21   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

Thanks for this.
Can you update the exact work done, and the charges?
Do they have ready stock of original Skoda spares?
How is the car running post Pramod Auto Scan?

Yours is a Superb petrol? older V6 or the new TSi?
Sure Anand. Have had several types of work carried out, including a rebuild of the entire engine too, owing to an internal oil leakage and compression loss.

He is reasonable, and will always call you before starting the actual work, so that you are well aware and not hit by any surprises.

Similarly for parts purchase, while he may not keep major stock, given that he is a small setup, he will source original parts from around the country and fit them in.

The car is running great! Just drove down from Pune to Hyd last week, after the entire rebuild.
Yes, I have the superb v6, one of the earliest models to come into India - its a 2004 model.

As for why the issues with the car, can only blame Skoda for gross negligence. Saw too many live case when we opened up the car!
writeramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 02:43   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I would definitely recommend Pete's (Kochi). These guys are just brilliant when it comes to Skoda cars. They even get the service book stamped at the Skoda dealership in Kochi while they carry out the scheduled service of the car.

Moreover since I have modded my car at Pete's, the support they provide is awesome. I had some small issues after an upgrade and there senior mechanic with an assistant came down to Bangalore with all the tools and sorted out the issue in the parking lot of my apartment complex.
The best part was they didn't charge me anything for it.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 19:38   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

For Bangalore guys, there is this place called Pride cars, BSK 2nd Stage. Have been to him for my cars minor works. However, they get a lot of skodas(octavias and old-gen lauras) for servicing and repair. The owner of the garage sources both OEM as well as aftermarket parts for cars of any make/model. Also they had brought a totalled Octavia back to good shape, which he showed me. I dont have experience of taking Skodas to his place, but I feel this place is good enough for regular maintenance work rather then going to the ASC and having a bad time there.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 13:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

For guys in Pune who want an individual garage for servicing Skoda's, here are a few options:

1. Tune Up Plus, Baner: Does good work. Handles all cars. Has been tried and tested by various BHPians. There's a thread on his workshop in the Directory section too. Here's a link to his thread. BTW, the owner, Abhijit Lonkar is also a BHPian.

2. Bhoomi Motors, East Street Camp: The owner Ajaz has been servicing Skoda's for quite some time now. His work has been good, and has always delivered whats expected. He is slightly on the expensive side, though.

3. Velocity Motors, Model Colony: Mr. Katti has been an ex Skoda guy. He also regularly services Skoda's. Matter of fact, mine and another BHPian; Monaro_CV8's cars go to him for servicing. Pretty decent place. Does whats promised, in a timely manner. Keeps on updating on every step of servicng. Quite reasonable too.
Only grouse is, he doesnt have the VAGCOM cable. So, my service interval warning still keeps on flashing.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 26th November 2012 at 14:09. Reason: Added link for TuneUp Plus
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks