Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 14:54   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Non-Dealer Service Centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeramesh View Post
Similarly for parts purchase, while he may not keep major stock, given that he is a small setup, he will source original parts from around the country and fit them in.

The car is running great! Just drove down from Pune to Hyd last week, after the entire rebuild.
Yes, I have the superb v6, one of the earliest models to come into India - its a 2004 model.
Thanks. So I can go to him for oil change, etc, to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
3. Velocity Motors, Model Colony: Only grouse is, he doesnt have the VAGCOM cable. So, my service interval warning still keeps on flashing.
Hmmm...so how does he troubleshoot? No fault codes!!!
Is this cable really a big deal to buy?
Old 26th November 2012, 15:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hmmm...so how does he troubleshoot? No fault codes!!!
Is this cable really a big deal to buy?
He had borrowed it from someone, when my car had gone there for servicing. He somehow missed to reset the service interval. Hence it keeps on beeping, everytime I start the car.
Last I spoke to him, he was in the process of procuring the cable.

I suppose one needs the cable to work on the fault codes. Not sure if "we" need to buy it. Doesnt look like a 'must have' item to me.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:53   #63
BHPian

Can someone recommend a reliable garage in Chennai! I am through with Gurudev Motors as they are imcompetent and probably mess around and my Skoda Yeti needs attention.
Old 10th January 2014, 10:35   #64
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know of any competent independent garage for Skoda? How is Pete's? Do they service cars at Bangalore, or you have to drive them to Cochin?

Regards,
Sid
Old 28th July 2014, 07:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiunni View Post
Quick update - i sent my car to Dhiren at united motors^ in Bangalore - he changed the Air sensor - the car is full on power now drove to palghat and back twice then to chennai - 150 + emmision workshop !! light hasnt shown up -

^picked up a bit late but delivered on time -
Hi Unni.

I just saw your post. I drove into Bangalore and my Laura just lost power. The Emission Error signal has come on. Looks to be some emission issue. Am here for a day before driving back to Chennai. Can you help me with the contact of Dhiren at United Motors. My cell is 9840675001.
Old 4th August 2014, 23:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi Unni.

I just saw your post. I drove into Bangalore and my Laura just lost power. The Emission Error signal has come on. Looks to be some emission issue. Am here for a day before driving back to Chennai. Can you help me with the contact of Dhiren at United Motors. My cell is 9840675001.
Please edit the mobile number out!
Old 6th October 2014, 16:45   #67
BHPian

So during my last 2 visits at Giriraj motors, Gurgaon I felt like I was being overcharged primarily for Labour - the last visit was for replacing the battery this weekend. I couldn't check the online calculator before visiting but I did just now. I was charged Rs. 1000 for the battery replacement of my 2012 Laura as labour charge which seemed to take a grand total of 10-15 minutes. I did voice my concern to the service advisor (and he has taken care of my car a few times over the last year or more) and he mentioned that it is normal. As I checked now, the labour cost mentioned on the website is Rs. 150 for a battery replacement. I am pi**ed and disappointed by the attitude more so than the lost Rs. 850. With this attitude I wouldn't be surprised if they would skim on the job while my papers would say job completed. I am a worried guy and am thinking whether it makes sense to send the car all the way to Jai Auto Delhi for service not sure though how good/bad it would be. In the meanwhile I did leave feedback with Skoda customer care. I have half a mind to go complain on Social media but don't want to blow something out of proportion as people are wont to do these days! Should I seek out someone else or wait for my extended warranty to get over in about 1.5 years? With the factory-fitted battery dying in a little over 2 years, I would rather cling on to the extended warranty as I see this as a precursor of things to come! Please suggest.
animeshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:13   #68
BHPian

Why did you go to the Skoda dealership for a mundane job like battery change? If you had taken your car to a battery dealer, he would have changed it without charging any labour cost, plus given you 200 bucks rebate for your old battery. If your car battery was already dead, there are several battery sellers who would bring the right battery to your place and install it, without charging extra.
I would recommend an independent garage for routine jobs like service, brake pad/disc change, etc. Several NCR based forum members have recommended these.
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 02:19   #69
BHPian

Guys I have this guy I've used for about 10+yrs (from my Octavia in 2002 till I sold my Laura in 2013) he teamed up with two other guys from the erstwhile Silvertone motors and started their work independently and specialize in Skoda. This is in Delhi. They have almost every tool the workshop does and do the job at least 30-40 percent cheaper on most jobs. If any Skoda owner needs help, PM me would be glad to share the contacts and would highly recommend them.
duke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 02:36   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Guys I have this guy I've used for about 10+yrs (from my Octavia in 2002 till I sold my Laura in 2013) he teamed up with two other guys from the erstwhile Silvertone motors and started their work independently and specialize in Skoda. This is in Delhi. They have almost every tool the workshop does and do the job at least 30-40 percent cheaper on most jobs. If any Skoda owner needs help, PM me would be glad to share the contacts and would highly recommend them.
I am searching for good independent garage for my yeti. just sent you PM.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:06   #71
BHPian

Please someone tell a reliable option for Servicing a skoda in Navi Mumbai or even mumbai. Wont mind travelling for any distance as the nearby Company service is JMD How's the Mahindra first choice service station in nerul? or does anyone know any garage where it can be done?
Old 24th November 2014, 18:04   #72
BHPian

Select Auto Garage (Sunil Shanbaug), Near Dadar Station (central). He serviced my RS and did a swell job. The only downside is it wont be a day's job like at ASS.
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:37   #73

Hello,

I have a 2007 Skoda Laura LnK Auto having run 110000 kms. I have been having the Turbo whistle issue since almost 8 months now , though my mileage is good and car is overall doing good. I do all repairs and service at Vinayak Motors Bangalore , and they suggested I replace Turbo and intercooler - costing about 1.7 Lakhs. Heard that there are a few workshops who fix this issue in Bangalore - any recommendations ? I live off old airport road in Bangalore. Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks

Dilip
Old 3rd January 2015, 18:49   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip_kum View Post
Hello,

I have a 2007 Skoda Laura LnK Auto having run 110000 kms. I have been having the Turbo whistle issue since almost 8 months now , though my mileage is good and car is overall doing good. I do all repairs and service at Vinayak Motors Bangalore , and they suggested I replace Turbo and intercooler - costing about 1.7 Lakhs. Heard that there are a few workshops who fix this issue in Bangalore - any recommendations ? I live off old airport road in Bangalore. Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks

Dilip
I have been using the services of a nearby Bosch Service Centre for maintaining my Fabia TDI over the last year. In terms of cost, these guys charge considerably lesser than Vinayak and they don't compromise on quality of parts / service. Though this service centre is in North Bangalore and may be a long way off for you - I can provide you the coordinates of the owner (in case you are interested). I have found them to be honest and efficient.
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I have been using the services of a nearby Bosch Service Centre for maintaining my Fabia TDI over the last year. In terms of cost, these guys charge considerably lesser than Vinayak and they don't compromise on quality of parts / service. Though this service centre is in North Bangalore and may be a long way off for you - I can provide you the coordinates of the owner (in case you are interested). I have found them to be honest and efficient.
If the fault is identified then its is fine to get it serviced outside, cheaper spares and labour will help, a fortnight back a friend of mine sent his Rapid to Bosch Service for white smoke, they kept the car for 7 days and were unable to find the fault, Later they called Vinayaka thru their contacts and the service advisor told the fault was in outdated software (for a a batch of Skoda Rapids) which was not upgraded. So finally they had to take the car to Vinayaka for just upgrading the software. also unlike skoda service getting the car back in a day post service , it is not possible in these places.

Last edited by Fabiaous : 3rd January 2015 at 22:09.
Fabiaous is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks