Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 09:50   #16
BHPian

Kropex

Due to some issues with my Corsa, I had visited Kropex yesterday. The service adviser seemed knowledgeable. My experience was far better than the one I had with folks at Vijai Motors last month. Folks at Vijai were not very keen even to look into certain things I asked them to fix, stating that parts were not available.

-- Wind
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:09   #17
BHPian

Optra serviced at Kropex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Can you please update your Optra service experience at Kropex?
Finally I got an opportunity last weekend.

On Saturday afternoon me and my toddler drove down to Kropex after a prior chat with Mr Umesh the Service Advisor and Mr Ritesh the Service Incharge. Kropex is on the right (when you head from Bangalore towards Hosur) as you near the junction of Parappana Agrahara (or Jail Road).

Once there, Ms Ritesh and Umesh were all over us. Alpenliebes were showered on junior. A very different experience than standing on the sidewalk in front of Sundaram. Anyway, back to Kropex.

So they took a pretty detailed inspection of what all they could see on the car and also took my inputs on what I wanted checked. I explained that 30k service was due and sundry other complaints. They helpfully offered suggestions, some of which were accepted (wiper blade replacement, engine rejuvenation\decarbonizing) and some not (underbody anti-rust covering). And then I left the vehicle there with the understanding that Umesh would call with estimates once detailed inspection was over. I also noticed that there were space for probably a dozen vehicles to be serviced there and they weren't very busy.

While we were leaving Mr Ritesh gave a gift to Junior which turned out to be an Aveo that can be pulled out to become a transformer - cool! So junior and I came back home in a Volvo bus (thoroughly enjoyed that).

Later on Saturday, Umesh called and we went over the different items. The estimate was about 9k+ which I agreed to.

On Monday afternoon Umesh called and said it was ready and the bill is 7820. I asked for a drop to my place and he said it'd be charged. But then I said I'd received an SMS saying there's free pick up and drop and he agreed (although he wanted me to show that SMS to the driver, which the driver didn't ask for). In the SMS there was a mention of 5% discount on labour, which he applied. So the amount was now 7531.

I received the car in the evening and my wife said it was almost like a new car coming home - they'd done a great job with the spit and polish! Anyway, I was overall satisfied with their work.

A rough breakup of the different stuff:

MATERIAL
Brake Oil 190
Engine Oil 650 (I asked for this)
Wipers 250
Bulbs 335 (2 had conked off)
Filter A-AC 208
etc

LABOUR
Brakes 330
Elec checkup 310
Engine rejuvenation 1850
Consumables 270
Door settings\Lub 270
Upholstery cleaning 1530

Looks like a standard 30k paid service without the additional stuff I asked for would have been about 3-4k. It'd be interesting to compare with other's experiences.

Next step: To replace my wornout stock tyres with Michelin XM1+ 185\65R14 (same size).
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:35   #18
BHPian

I had given my opel sail-1.6 with odo indicating 50K. Met with Service advisor Mahesh and Service Manager Rithesh,they were customer friendly and this was a refreshing chnage for GM customer. Before taking the car for servicing they inspected every look and corner of the car to identify the scratch and accessories (took more time then other dealers)
Identified the problem of clutch plate and they suggested to chnage clutch plate, pressure plate, clutch cable and release valve. Estimated cost inclusive of labour was 7.5 K. I agreed to get this done but the parts were not available so order the parts and decided to give the car after a week.
Got the call from them after 5 days confirming that parts is available now, imediatly i droped the car on 26th may with expected date of delivery of 27th may. But my advisor called on 26th evening and informed that they received all the part except pressure plate and hence one more week of waiting
No other go so .At last got the delivery of car , overall impress with the cleaning and but it was having some pickup drop. on complain they did some cleaning and adjustment of spark plug after that i felt it was fine but was getting the continuous humming sound, whenever it was in start condition but on putting the leg on break used to reduce the sound.
Again took the car to them and they inspected and inform me that break booster is having some leakage, however you can drive it for some time but i did not wanted to take any risk so told them to have a relook and then they found the break booster is rusted and this need to be replace imediatly....Again started the wait and this time waiting period was of 20 days. At last i got the car on 10th June.
Once again i must say that they do give the individual attention to every car (may be they are not having too many cars at present).Over all happy with the work at Kropex but parts seems to be a problem. At the onset, one of my friend took his opel to Sundarm, on enquire about parts..workshop manager informed that genune opel parts are available in open markets also....Sounds good to me..
Total Expenses
1. Clutch Plate,pressure plate, release valve, clutch cable and labour + taxes- 8350/-
2. Complete master break set and labour - 10000/-
Hope i do not need to do any more expenses for sometime...
Old 1st July 2009, 14:05   #19
BHPian

Kropex only for few customers??

Well was planning to take it to Kropex because my friend said they were good and offered free pick up and drop.. (Sundaram is closer to me but then thought these guys would be better). But then you get charged if you have not got the SMS. Why is that? Me and my friend got it on the same day and I get charged. There is something illogical about GM all the time.
Nimz
Old 27th August 2009, 17:24   #20
BHPian

New Car delivery from Kropex

Has any one taken delivery of a new car from Kropex recently ? If YEs how has the experience been ? I am contemplating an AVEO and I found that Kropex is able to offer a competitive deal than TVS..TVS guys are quite stubborn sticking on to their age old policies and processes !!!

Please share your experiences with Kropex.

Thanks
Siva
Old 30th August 2009, 08:27   #21
BHPian

Yesterday i got some messages from Kropex and Frontline.
Frontline message says -"They are offering free wheel alignment, balancing, 3M upholstery cleaning and body polish". With some T & C.

Korpex message says - "Is your car paint finish dull, faded & has light / medium scratches? Then contact them for a complete make over"
Old 30th August 2009, 08:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Yesterday i got some messages from Kropex and Frontline.
Frontline message says -"They are offering free wheel alignment, balancing, 3M upholstery cleaning and body polish". With some T & C.

Korpex message says - "Is your car paint finish dull, faded & has light / medium scratches? Then contact them for a complete make over"
Me too. Seems they try to throw in some goodies to get more customers step-in their showroom
Old 1st September 2009, 07:35   #23
BHPian

booked my aveo

I have booked the Aveo LS variant black color from KROPEX, Hosur Rd, BLR. ETA is 10-12 days from today. I will be commencing a new thread with more details and pics soon

Regards
Siva
Old 1st September 2009, 09:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I have booked the Aveo LS variant black color from KROPEX, Hosur Rd, BLR. ETA is 10-12 days from today. I will be commencing a new thread with more details and pics soon
Siva,
Congrats on your decision. Hope you will have the best of experience with car and dealership.
After a long we are going to get a new ownership review of Aveo .
Old 4th September 2009, 12:01   #25
BHPian

Issues availing the gold coin offer

My first bout of not so good experience with Kropex occured today.

While I confirmed the booking, the Gold coin offer was available only to the Spark models, but couple of days back GM decided to extend the offer to other models including AVEO.

When I checked with Kropex, I was outrightly denied the Gold coin offer for the reason that the Accessories package that had been worked out for me is equally worth the Gold coin offer. But I feel that the accessory package and the Gold coin offers are two different deals. I have written to GM, awaiting their response.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:10   #26
BHPian

Noticed a Chevrolet board being put up on the same bulding as Trident Hyundai Service centre in Kalyan Nagar, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore.
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:25   #27

Yes, Trident has opened the new showroom for Chevrolet and service will follow soon.The showroom is on the Kalyan Nagar ring road
Old 1st October 2009, 14:07   #28
BHPian

wow...thats good..Trident is someone I have dealt with(while I had my earlier vehicle, Santro) for the past 4-5 years and they are really a good bunch of people, especially when it comes to customer service. Now that I have my new Chevy AVEO sedan, I would be really happy to continue my service relationship with Trident.

Thanks for the update

Regards
Siva
Old 9th November 2009, 09:12   #29
BHPian

Even I am planning to book optra magnum from Trident. They offer competitive rates.

Is this the direction to trident from hosur road?
from:Hosur Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India to:12.9424872,77.6969782 to:I st Block, Kalyana Nagar - Google Maps
Old 9th May 2011, 14:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: New GM Showroom KROPEX on Hosur Road

Gave my Spark for 25K service to Kropex - Result:

1) Missing Tweeter cover
2) Small dent on roof

Next time I may try Sundaram instead!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks