Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 14:56   #31
BHPian

Re: New GM Showroom KROPEX on Hosur Road

Sad to hear this. Did you spoke to there service manager about this? i suggest to talk with him, they should repair the dent free of cost. If not than escalate the issue to GM south india service manager (you can get his phone number at the reception of Kropex)
Overall Kropex is OK but not as good as Sundaram for sure. I go to Sundaram. Another option which i had tried was Frontline, they are good but far away from my place of work
Old 24th August 2011, 19:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Gave my Spark for 25K service to Kropex - Result:

1) Missing Tweeter cover
2) Small dent on roof

Next time I may try Sundaram instead!
OK, I forgave them for whatever happened during my 25K service. But something really bad happened during 30K service.

They called me tomorrow to discuss and rectify the issue and requested not to escalate. Whatever the outcome whether it is +ve/-ve I will update this thread tomorrow.

All this happened when we have 3 Sparks, 1 Aveo and 2 Cruze in my family and friend circle and 4 of them were bought from Kropex.

If outcome is -ve :- I need to take help from my folks @GM

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th August 2011 at 19:49.
Old 24th August 2011, 20:34   #33
BHPian

@Latheesh

Sad to hear this about Korpex. They were doing pretty good till sometime back, even i was not so happy with them during my 35K service, it's just average.
That's why i'd tried Trident during my 40K service.

At that service only i had found this problem. Airfilter assembly cover was damaged little. The only way this can happen is from the service center hands. During one of my previous services i had replaced Airfilter from Korpex, i think while doing that work they did this damage and i didn't notice this earlier. Anyway i can live with that.

Waiting for your updates.

Last edited by kavu75 : 24th August 2011 at 20:35.
Old 26th August 2011, 16:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Left the car for 30K service on tuesday early morning. There was some noise coming from front suspension (started @ 17K) and asked them to resolve it this time. They tried it during 20K and 25K service but they could not solve the issue. They changed some suspension setup during 25K service and ride was stiff after that.

Told them to check in details and resolve it this time, they said it would take 2 days and promised delivery on 25th after noon 3.

Next day I tried to call SA @ 3 to check the status but he was not reachable. I tried again after few minute but the result was same. Then I called the service desk number, sh said SA is on leave and another SA will call me in another few minutes. I waited for more than 30 min but no one called. I kept on calling them till 5-5.30 but the put the call on hold. I was getting angry by this time.

After repeated attempts lady confirmed that 30K service is done but they could not correct suspension issue as strut need to be replaced and they do not have stock. I told I left the car one additional day just to solve suspension issue. They said strut would be reaching them only on saturday, I said no problem and decided to take the car back and send it to them some time next week to do suspension job.

I went to take the car around 6.30 in the evening. But from service helpdesk lady and SA's body language it was clear that they were hiding something. When they were preparing the bill I went to service bay to check the car. I did a casual inspection of exterior and interior and could not find any visible issues.

SA apologized me for not fixing the suspension issue. While driving back everything looked perfect untill I saw a small line on front windshield near wiper blade (approx 20 cm length). I switched on the wiper to check whether it is some external issue or not. Nooooo..I confirmed it is a crack and realised that, this was the reason I felt they were trying to hide something.

Reached office (in 10 min) and gave a call to SA to inform about this. I gave him 5 min to check and give feedback on this (By this time he knew some of my relatives and friends work in General Motors plant and their tech centre in BLR). He checked with his manager and called me within 5 min and told me to drop the car on Thursday and agreed to replace the windshield free of cost (Without even asking + no question asked about the crack/location or anything; means they were already aware of it)

I went there again on thursday early morning to drop the car, whole discussion/checking the stock etc took more than an hour. I met few other customers and all of them were not happy with KROPEX service and one of the guy was shouting as his car was lying unattended for 1 week. had a nice chat with few other customers and warned them about their service, also suggested them to check the vehicle after the service.

They agreed to return the car on friday (today) afternoon after windshield replacement. Morning sent a SMS to remind SA about the car and reached their showroom at noon. They said it would be ready in 5 min, but nothing happened. I went to basement to check the car, and saw the car covered with tapes around windshield, interiors were dirty and full of soil and found many of their tools inside - it was not ready for delivery.

Asked them to do it as early as possible, but it took another 30 min (they did not clean car properly) and another cool 20-25 min to issue the gate pass.

Got the car at @ 1 PM today, I need to clean interior on this weekend. After all these suspension issue remains unresolved!!! :-(
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 17:40   #35
Team-BHP Support

^^

When it was time to get my Corsa serviced for the 1st time in Bangalore, I researched quite a bit about A.S.S. Kropex and Sundaram shot up and I called both to check how professional they sound.

Kropex was really sloppy; the receptionist would transfer the call to some SA who'd never pick up.

If I did manage to speak to someone, I asked them about a few parts that I wanted to be replaced : Wipers, right OVRM. Guess what - they don't have stock!

Nothing during the 4-5 phone calls seemed promising and I never thought of Kropex again - the car is serviced at Sundaram now.

^^

When it was time to get my Corsa serviced for the 1st time in Bangalore, I researched quite a bit about A.S.S. Kropex and Sundaram shot up and I called both to check how professional they sound.

Kropex was really sloppy; the receptionist would transfer the call to some SA who'd never pick up.

If I did manage to speak to someone, I asked them about a few parts that I wanted to be replaced : Wipers, right OVRM. Guess what - they don't have stock!

Nothing during the 4-5 phone calls seemed promising and I never thought of Kropex again - the car is serviced at Sundaram now.

Any particular reason you don't go to Sundaram?
Old 26th August 2011, 17:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

I bought car from Sundaram and 1K service was done by them. I moved from Indira Nagar to BTM and my office is @ Ecity. So Kropex easy for me to drop car on the way to office and pick it in the evening after the service. They could not resolve suspension issues after 3 attempts.

+ Damage and missing parts during 25K service
+ Above experience during 30K service

Next time I will go to Sundaram/Trident.
Old 26th August 2011, 18:04   #37
BHPian

Kropex is far behind Sundaram in terms of professionalism and quality of work. I see only issue with Sundaram is the attention to details missing on non-mechanical work, like cleaning; policing kind of thing otherwise they are very good and always keep good inventory of parts. I have not heard much about the service of Trident but considering their reputation I guess they must be good….will try them in next service of my magnum.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaga View Post
Kropex is far behind Sundaram in terms of professionalism and quality of work. I see only issue with Sundaram is the attention to details missing on non-mechanical work, like cleaning; policing kind of thing otherwise they are very good and always keep good inventory of parts. I have not heard much about the service of Trident but considering their reputation I guess they must be good….will try them in next service of my magnum.
Dont even think of Trident!!! Its one of the worst service centres I have seen. I am saying this, because I got my Optra at Trident(Kalyan Nagar). Went all the way from Ecoty to Kalyan nagar for first 2 services and also for repairs due to an accident I met with. All in all poor servicing and careless attitude.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

While taking a test drive in Cruze, i was told by the SA that a new branch of Kropex showroom along with a Service Centre should come up on Inner Ring Road near Domlur Flyover within 2-3 months. Good news for people in Indirnagar/Domlur/Old Airport area i guess. Till now in my dealings for TD of Cruze, i have found Kropex to be the most responsive.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

So Sundaram is the only option available! There is one new authorized GM service centre opened somewhere on Mysore road. They called me once to ask about my vehicle. Dont remember their name!

@ ethanhunt123 - problem is with the A.S.S

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th August 2011 at 11:58.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:51   #41
Team-BHP Support

FYI : Sundaram has opened a new branch at Whitefield. Straight from Graphite signal; about 1-odd km.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:26   #42
BHPian

@Latheesh
The Mysore road one might be Frontline Motors. I think they have started some 2 years back.

Now I am totally confused, where to go for my next service.
Be it any service center, I think it's all depends on the SA we are getting, whether he is technically sound and how he is monitoring the work carried out by his people.
Old 29th August 2011, 15:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

@kavu75 - Yes, it was Frontline. Better go to Sundaram for next service, they may offer free pick-up and drop if you insist.

I am heading to my hometown tomorrow and decided to show this suspension issue to my brother, I am sure he will be able to diagnosis the problem in few minute.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Dont even think of Trident!!! Its one of the worst service centres I have seen. I am saying this, because I got my Optra at Trident(Kalyan Nagar). Went all the way from Ecoty to Kalyan nagar for first 2 services and also for repairs due to an accident I met with. All in all poor servicing and careless attitude.
Aha your input is just in time, i was about to call them for appointment for 50 K service. Thanks a lot, i am back to Sundaram. So i conclude that for GM car the service options are Sundaram and Frontline in Bangalore
Old 11th September 2011, 11:44   #45
BHPian

The other day i was doing some chito chart with a senior executive at Sundaram, Bangalore. He revealed that Sundaram is closing the GM Dealership in Dec. Now i am thinking where to get the service done. Something is surely wrong with GM way of handling of their dealer. 1st Garuda and now Sundaram. Is this the case in other city also?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks