Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 10:51   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Memo, for the life of me, I cannot fathom why you are taking delivery of this vehicle.
Exactly... If it was me when i went to the stockyard i could have come back and cancelled the booking. Forget about delivery at 10 pm.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
suman : Memo, for the life of me, I cannot fathom why you are taking delivery of this vehicle. Irrespective of the discount they offer, you should refuse & take a new vehicle.
+1.

You should have put your foot down, especially if it was not registered. Very important to take delivery in daytime.

But shocked and very disappointed that Concorde is doing this.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Dude, if the vehicle hasn't been registered in your name, you can tell the dealership to go fornicate themselves
Couldnt have said it any better! You should really not accept the car and get your money back!
Old 17th April 2009, 11:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

@memo45_m, I think you showed a lot of excitement at the dealers, and gauging that, he presumed that you'd take anything which has the 'Xenon' logo on it.
Nevertheless, the dealer is at complete fault here.
You should get a brand new vehicle.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Memo, for the life of me, I cannot fathom why you are taking delivery of this vehicle. Irrespective of the discount they offer, you should refuse & take a new vehicle.

As for the GM, you should write to TML & make sure they roast his behind. This kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Exactly... If it was me when i went to the stockyard i could have come back and cancelled the booking. Forget about delivery at 10 pm.
Agree with the above two posts! Why did you not walk out when you knew about the vehicle? First mistake.

But, even now, has the registration been done? If not, you can still back out.

But then, are you looking for more discounts or the right vehicle for the price you paid?

And yes, do write to TML!

Concord!!!! And I thought they had some integrity!
Old 17th April 2009, 11:17   #21
BHPian

memo, my dear friend, i simply dont understand why you went ahead with this particular vehicle/dealer very well knowing that the vehicle was suspect and the way the dealer is treating you. What exactly are you looking for ? I get an impression that you are more than happy to accept a discount, even without getting to know the extent to which this particular car might have been abused. My suggestion, if you havent yet signed any documents, just give the dealers a piece of your mind and write to TML. You are not buying a cheap car mind you, and you are putting in a lot of your hard earned money on this car, and for this kind of money i would expect that i get a good car and a decent treatment from the dealer and you are not getting both, so dont seem to get the point as to why you are so particular about this discount thing and going ahead with this dealer.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:28   #22
BHPian

Take it up seriously, you never know what the car has been through specially since most of us handle test cars badly. As someone said complain(in written to tata motors) and also file a case with the police immediately.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Can you take delivery of a car in Bangalore without registration?
Old 17th April 2009, 11:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Can you take delivery of a car in Bangalore without registration?
Legally in Bangalore the vehicle cannot leave the dealer premises unless it is registered or going towards registration.

Usually dealers will not release the vehicle unless it is registered (Temp / Permanent) - else you need to pay a hefty fine if caught.

Cheers,
Old 17th April 2009, 11:44   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
also file a case with the police.
And what do you file the case as - cheating? They dont their faces from their rear here in bangalore. He will have too many problems to fix. Go to consumer court and take this up with TML.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have to agree with most people here. You should have simply refused to take delivery of the vehicle.

Long ago, I refused to take delivery of my vehicle because the dealer fixed a different set of alloys from the one I chose, never mind the fact that alloys were a free offer from the dealer . The dealer had to give in and gave a written undertaking that I was free to change the alloys at their expense, even after delivery of the vehicle.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:01   #27
BHPian

My sympathies Memo. I dont think the police complaint would be of much help, since they promise a new delivery in 3-5 days.

Take this to Tata and get this resolved with them, with photographic and written proofs (if can be acquired) from the dealer. Tata wouldnt sack the GM, but expect a lot of respect when You walk-in to the showroom again.

Edit: Coming to think of the GM; post resolution, offer the GM a party at Royal Orchid hotel and dump the bill (and everything else You could think-of) on him.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 17th April 2009 at 12:04.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
”Ask them if they are interested to take the car or leave it..”
Please choose the later, take your money back. Only spin bowlers prefer worn out stuff
Old 17th April 2009, 12:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Bhaiyo, Why take delivery in the first place ? If the GM was so right , he would never offer your compensation!
Complain to Tatas customer care and blow this over the top.30 thousand discount is chillar against the act of crime that was commited.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
“If you want a new vehicle then we will get it for you in 3-4 days, but you have to leave this one here with us, we cannot give you a loner/ back up vehicle.”
Are you interested in discounts or taking the new vehicle. They have clearly offered you a new vehicle in 3-4 days. If you are not happy with what you have been provided / offered than opt for new vehicle which will be given within 3-4 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks