Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2009, 00:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

1. Ask for the date of manufacturing from Invoice generated by factory , Using the Chassis Number ( VIN ) you can identify the month of manufacturing and cross check.

2. Open the engine bay and check for the QC stickers they carry date when QC was done which is around 15 -20 day before or on same date as date of manufacturing.

3. Take a camera and T-BHP check list printout with you , My experience is that even if you don't know how to check everything given in that checklist
( example check body panel lines are straight) but a customer armed with a checklist and camera is itself a deterrent and usually the people at yard and sales guy spill beans seeing that you are watchful.
Old 18th April 2009, 11:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
He very arrogantly throws around his EGO and says “If you want a new vehicle then we will get it for you in 3-4 days, but you have to leave this one here with us, we cannot give you a loner/ back up vehicle.”

As of now talks are on with the people from Tata on the issue, but I felt the need to put this out in the light so being a member on Team-Bhp, I would like to Share the wrong doings of Our dealerships with fellow members. [/FONT][/COLOR]
So you took the Demo/Used vehicle even though the dealer offered to give a new one in 3-4 days? Why?

And what are you talking to TATA about? Replacing the vehicle or getting a bigger discount?

IMO, wait a couple of days & take the new vehicle and be happy.
Old 18th April 2009, 12:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both Concorde and Tata have come up with a solution which is agreed upon by both parties but lets see as to how well and professionally they will step up to impliment it.
Looks like a win-win settlement. Would you kindly share with us the details if you don't mind.

Perhaps that will convey to us that they are not that bad at all!
Old 18th April 2009, 12:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely disgusting.

Appreciate the fact that you havent taken names, even though its a minor detail. It shows your caliber of giving them a chance to set things right.
Old 18th April 2009, 12:37   #65
BHPian

Welcome to the world of Concorde

The Tata-Jardine JV is a joke!!! Guys this is a common phenomenon nothing unusual here...have similar problems with concorde in hyderabad...they dont give a damn. Wait till nano hits the streets all us folks are going to be treated like trash. There are going to be many such sorry tales...I am waiting for a issue to be resolved with Concorde regarding my Linea for the last month and half.

Welcome to the whole new world of Concorde, where customer service is non-existant.
Old 18th April 2009, 14:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... all they would have given me would have been a better cleaned up Xenon that they din't do the first time around, So do you guys think I would have got a new car with the registraton complete.
Both Concorde and Tata have come up with a solution which is agreed upon by both parties but lets see as to how well and professionally they will step up to impliment it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Would you do the same mistake which u did the first time ???

Take note of the Chassis & Engine number of the TD vehicle and be tense free and check while taking the delivery of your new vehicle.

You have a person who has worked with the Concorde ... and can get some information on your next vehicle.
Exactly as Gowda said! Why do you get fooled the second time? Just note down the engine and chassis number. And all this happened despite being here for a long time and also you having a ex-concord employee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
... 3. Take a camera and T-BHP check list printout with you , My experience is that even if you don't know how to check everything given in that checklist...
This should have been done in the first place!
Old 18th April 2009, 14:40   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Memo, sorry to say but you only have yourself (and the perceived hurry) to blame for the current situation. I hope the resolution that they have provided is to your satisfaction.

Kindly update us on details.
Old 18th April 2009, 17:47   #68
BHPian

Buying a new vehicle is gradually turning out to be a cat and mouse game with almost all brands being
affected by their 'black sheep' dealers.
Some more than others.

The purchase experience requires buyers to have a 'detective' skill set in their resume.

The dealer tries to pull a 'fast one' in some shape or form and you have to try and catch him out.

If caught, the entire experience thereafter usually leaves you with an untrustworthy and bitter feeling towards brand/dealer.
No guarantee the next dealer will not try the same.
If not, you get stuck with a lemon making you regret the decision throughout the ownership period.

Servicing is worse because you have no idea what parts have/have not been replaced which could potentially endanger your driving thereafter.

Vehicle purchase is a battle of sorts between the buyer and dealer & may the best man win !!

At least with forums like T-BHP consumers are well informed, equipped and supported to tackle such issues.

Last edited by 1orren1 : 18th April 2009 at 17:51.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

@Memo >
I wonder why you did not use the PDI checklist prior to making a full payment. The least you should have done is seen your vehicle in flesh.
I wonder how you did not smell a rat when they immediately called you back with vehicle availability. You do have yourself to blame for the haste.
I think Concorde used to sell Tata in Bombay too and i think they have now closed here since long. I had heard bad sales stories about Concorde in Bombay.

However, hope you get a satisfactory resolution. Do update this thread with the happenings. Goodluck.
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:39   #70
BHPian

I bought my indigo CS from Concorde motors last year (June, 08). To certain extent I agree there customer service is not up to the standards. The waiting time for executives to come and talk to you is long. I got the feel on the very first day I went there and also observed other customers being treated. I decided then and there that I need to tread cautiously.

The day I got the call that my car has come and they would send it for registration, I asked them to wait. I asked them to get the vehicle at my office in broad day light. First I test drove it, checked the entire car in sun light for any marks or signs of being a used vehicle. After that I went to concorde and asked them to lift the car so that I could check underneath. When I was satisfied then I allowed them to register the vehicle.

By my behavior and team-bhp ocean of pointers and knowledge they knew I cannot be taken for a ride. Well that made sure that I get a good treatment everytime I take my vehicle there! At times one cannot blame the entire thing on dealership. We have to be an informed customer. After all we are putting our hard earned money and its our equal responsibility to be aware of what we are buying.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Memo, any update? Did you get a discount or a new vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
... At times one cannot blame the entire thing on dealership. We have to be an informed customer. After all we are putting our hard earned money and its our equal responsibility to be aware of what we are buying.
Ambujlal,

If I have to put my hard earned money and also be informed of everything, then why have a dealer sales team? Since it is my money that I am paying them, and it is no charity, should I not expected to use their expertise?
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Since it is my money that I am paying them, and it is no charity, should I not expected to use their expertise?
I didn't mean to say that we should not use their expertise (), after all no one can be an expert in everything. But I guess it doesn't hurt if we check and verify what we are buying. Saves our time later on. But anyway those were my personal thoughts.
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:28   #73
BHPian

Oops - just say this thread. This is very sad. Hope things are sorted out and in your favour.
Quote:
Gm by the Sales manager, the discussion starts of and he puts forward the same statement ”If you are interested to take the car or leave it..” knowing the fact that he has given A USED vehicle For the cost of a new one. He very arrogantly throws around his EGO and says “If you want a new vehicle then we will get it for you in 3-4 days, but you have to leave this one here with us, we cannot give you a loner/ back up vehicle.” Even after paying in full cash. Does this not confirm that they have delivered me a used car.

As of now talks are on with the people from Tata on the issue, but I felt the need to put this out in the light so being a member on Team-Bhp, I would like to Share the wrong doings of Our dealerships with fellow members. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:55   #74
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

memo based on your own version would indict you rather than TATA or the Dealer.

You did have an option.
Dealer even if rudely did tell you that he would deliver in 3-4 days.
It was not for you to figure out how this would be made possible.
It seems that you are trying to get a bigger discount and are ok with the old vehicle.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Whats the update? Their promises are nothing. Even for the simplest of their commitments they would ensure you go through hell. Dont believe their sweet words.

Most Viewed