Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 19:08   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 60,936
Thanked: 201,749 Times
Default

Memo, you owe us an update on developments. What's exactly transpired?
GTO is offline  
Old 16th May 2009, 11:00   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,954
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

...and they lived happily ever after!

(No idea what to say when people just orphan a thread!!! Guess this one can be closed! Thread starter does not seems to be available to update here!)
HappyWheels is offline  
Old 18th May 2009, 11:00   #78
BHPian
 
memo45_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...and they lived happily ever after!

(No idea what to say when people just orphan a thread!!! Guess this one can be closed! Thread starter does not seems to be available to update here!)
No sir I have not orphaned the thread, I am just waiting for the matter to be closed so that I can live happily ever after with my used new car.
So as all of you have guessed I ended up getting a better offer on the truck, in all it kind of costed me close to the onroad price of the 4x2 Xenon, I was promised that all the defective or hevily worn-out parts/components will be replaced, for which I am waiting on the same.
memo45_m is offline  
Old 18th May 2009, 11:05   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,091
Thanked: 683 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
No sir I have not orphaned the thread, I am just waiting for the matter to be closed so that I can live happily ever after with my used new car.
So as all of you have guessed I ended up getting a better offer on the truck, in all it kind of costed me close to the onroad price of the 4x2 Xenon, I was promised that all the defective or hevily worn-out parts/components will be replaced, for which I am waiting on the same.
Great I just wish someone would have offered me a similar used 4X4 Safari at the cost of my current 4X2 , After a couple of months and few scratches later they become same any way.
amitk26 is offline  
Old 18th May 2009, 13:54   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,954
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

Memo,

At the end of the day, if you feel that you got a fair deal, there ends it!

Make sure of this and do not let anything dilute this (I think not, especially after your experience with them).

Hope you get your ride as it was supposed to be. All the best!
HappyWheels is offline  
Old 29th May 2009, 18:36   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,954
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

Memo,

Knock knock!
HappyWheels is offline  
Old 15th June 2009, 22:55   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

I have heard that the customer relation with Concorde Motors is one of the worst of Tata dealers in Bangalore. But, this response is outageous - "Take it or leave it"

Btw, selling the TD cars is what I always suspected and Memo's experience just proved it.

When I had taken test drive of Tata cars (various dealers) - Indica Turbo, Indica Xeta, Indigo, Tata Safari - I noticed the below points:

1. All vehicles had No Reg/only temporary reg.
2. Odometer was not working.

These led me to suspect that the vehicle I test drive will be sold to some customer as "NEW".

I have seen that other brands have atleast 1 exclusive vehicle for TD and that vehicle is Painted differently with their brand and sometimes the word "Test Drive". But, so far have not seen a single exclusive TD Tata vehicle.
drsk is offline  
Old 16th June 2009, 08:08   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,954
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

The TD vehicle I drove from Concorde has "Demo" written all over it. But, strangely, the recent TD vehicle that I drove from another TATA dealer, Concorde, was a new VX, with just 182 on the odo. The sales guy said that this is a old piece that they are converting to TD vehicle, which I believe so, since it was the previous model and without the odo disconnected.
HappyWheels is offline  
Old 16th June 2009, 14:54   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,646
Thanked: 371 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
I have heard that the customer relation with Concorde Motors is one of the worst of Tata dealers in Bangalore...
Fortunately, i have heard only good things about Chennai Concorde.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
...I have seen that other brands have atleast 1 exclusive vehicle for TD and that vehicle is Painted differently with their brand and sometimes the word "Test Drive".
Most importantly, an authentic TD vehicle will have a permanent registration number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
... But, so far have not seen a single exclusive TD Tata vehicle.
In Chennai, I have seen TD vehicles of Tata dealers Concorde and Manipal. The Safari VTT VX still continues to be with them. Recently, I have seen the Indica Vista and Victa DI Demo vehicles (all with permanent registration).

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 16th June 2009 at 14:57.
Blue Thunder is offline  
Old 16th June 2009, 18:40   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,926
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

What happened then. the dealers are up to no good these days

Last edited by beejay : 16th June 2009 at 18:42.
beejay is offline  
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:00   #86
BHPian
 
highsteem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 123
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Memo, you owe us an update on developments. What's exactly transpired?
I sincerely believe that, it is time to change the subject line. The subject line is really misleading and somehow. According to me, the subject line is misleading and instead it should indicate that the person who started the topic was ready to accept the TD vehicle and was not ready to wait for a new vehicle. I am not saying by any means that the dealer is any innocent but since we don't have any more authentic news from the thread starter, I guess the subject line should not mislead the new buyers. Request moderators please take the necessary actions.
highsteem is offline  
Old 24th June 2009, 00:52   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
I sincerely believe that, it is time to change the subject line. The subject line is really misleading and somehow. According to me, the subject line is misleading and instead it should indicate that the person who started the topic was ready to accept the TD vehicle and was not ready to wait for a new vehicle. I am not saying by any means that the dealer is any innocent but since we don't have any more authentic news from the thread starter, I guess the subject line should not mislead the new buyers. Request moderators please take the necessary actions.
i second that. needless to trash a dealer and appear like snow white and then go off radar and accept what the dealer has to offer.
hollywoodhogan is offline  
Old 24th June 2009, 00:52   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

HappyWheels and Blue Thunder, thanks for the info. I just hope that what I had observed was an aberration and not a rule.


Memo, any updates?? Can we assume " ... and they lived happily ever after"?
drsk is offline  
Old 29th June 2009, 16:13   #89
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,657
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default

I agree the thread name should be changed.

How About " Great Deal on a Test Drive Vehicle - Issues Faced"
ACM is offline  
Old 29th June 2009, 16:17   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,340
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Yes, this thread title is totally irrelevant now considering that MEMO was more interested in getting extra discount on a test drive vehicle rather than getting a new vehicle.

but to each its own.
simply_sunny001 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks