Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 17:41   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealer 'trying' to pass of a TD/used vehicle as new is horrible -- that too Concorde; a so called wholly owned subsidiary of TATA Motors.

@memo: what is it that you want now? more discount or a new/different xenon?

From your posts it seems like that you have no issues in taking this TD vehicle if the discount is to your liking.

Cheers,
Old 17th April 2009, 17:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

3 years ago my cousin wanted to get himself a Indica XETA.
The dealer in Pune (Wakdewadi) gave him 2 options:
1. to get whatever car tht comes by their system
2. mark car of our choice from factory which they will reserve and deliver to me.

My brother had contacts in the TATA Pune QC dept. So he got out a chasis number and engine number of a car approved by the contact as A-OK.

Gave the same to the dealer. Then He got a call from the dealer that the car was in.
He verified the numbers and took the delivery.
Atleast he got a clean car! What a satisfation these days. Phew!

Is this a common practice these days?
Old 17th April 2009, 17:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Mohnish, Why the "Mummy, I want Lollipop" hurry, man?
Ditch the abused TD vehicle and get a proper, brand new vehicle. Be a little patient even if it might take even 10 days for it. There are enough and more (rally )cars at your disposal,no?
Old 17th April 2009, 19:09   #49
BHPian

I don't want to be intrusive but, why would somebody who has a ready cash of 10+ L, is looking at 30+ K discount and an (ab)used vehicle? What's the hurry when you can get a vehicle within 3-4 days. Somehow the logic of going for a (ab)used vehicle is beyond my imagination. Dude, please throw some more light behind your reasoning. Otherwise, somehow things don't fit well in the way you have portrayed the situation.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
as we walk up to the vehicle there is some thing that caught our eyes, The new Pick-up had no seat covers, walk up and open the door only to see the floor panels by the door with full of scratches, the Seats and roof all dirty and scratches on the bed fender-lining, not enough for the eyes the front bumper had a small cut init like the ones caused by a front nudge guard, add to that a huge scratch on the back of the cab like one caused while forcefully removing a hard-top or Canopy, with a cut in the gear lever boot, and a dirty spot on the dash-board, (this spot was on the TD car that we drove just about a week back.) As for the scratches we are informed that those are during Transit.(over the phone.)

but the GM says ”Ask them if they are interested to take the car or leave it..” is this the kind of Attitude you give even after receiving full cash payment., knowing the vehicle is a USED one.
He very arrogantly throws around his EGO and says “If you want a new vehicle then we will get it for you in 3-4 days, but you have to leave this one here with us, we cannot give you a loner/ back up vehicle.” Even after paying in full cash. Does this not confirm that they have delivered me a used car.

They Call us back in the evening quoting Rs30,000 as the best offer.

As of now talks are on with the people from Tata on the issue, but I felt the need to put this out in the light so being a member on Team-Bhp, I would like to Share the wrong doings of Our dealerships with fellow members.
TATA strikes back again!

when a hell lot of issues crop up in a normal/unused 'new' car sold by TATA, what will be the fate of this 'used' car after say 6 months?

and i wish i could beat that GM black & blue. inspite of cheating the customer, selling a used vehicle as new, he had the guts to open his mouth!
Old 17th April 2009, 21:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Memo as per your post you are expecting more discount instead of new vehicle, everyone on this form does not understand why are you going with that TD vehicle.

Please be clear and explain to us so that we can understand, what is that making you to hold on to this TD vehicle ???
Old 17th April 2009, 21:52   #52
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely no offence intended.

Penny wise, Pound Foolish.

Memo I just hope and pray that whatever you choose turns out be be a great vehicle.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The way I understand how the story played out, Concorde tried to palm of a Demo but got caught. However, they offered a new one in 3-4 days but customer wanted to take exiting one and get max discount.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The way I understand how the story played out, Concorde tried to palm of a Demo but got caught.However, they offered a new one in 3-4 days but customer wanted to take existing one and get max discount.
Take maximum discount and then later curse Tata & Dealer saying that they gave a TD(Lemon) vehicle, atleast the dealer here agreed that they are providing the TD vehicle and compensating for the same.

It is better for him to wait for those extra 3-4days and lead a peacefull life with the New Xenon for long time.

Last edited by gowda79 : 17th April 2009 at 22:07.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

As others said I am unable to understand this whole situation , Is this for real ? there are too many loose ends in this story

1. Dealer called you up that they have teh vehicle in stock ( OK they just informed

2. You inspected Vehicle and found out it was used for TD , Again Concord
has dedicated demo vehicle with huge stickers marked Demo Car so any way lets assume they still use customer Xenon for TD.

3. you found that it is a used car and raised alarm.
4. GM asked if you are interested in tyaking delivery or want to wait for 3/4 days.

You said yes then how is this a case of dealer cheating you.

Question is Why ... Why on earth you said yes despite dealer offering you another vehicle ?

Secondly in Bangalore they Dealers register the cars first before giving the delivery so how come they gave you with out registration ?

If GM says you need to return this one and wait for 2/3 days he is absolutely right why should you keep the vehicle with you , use/abuse and then return back ?

You still have option of complaining to TML customer care they are prompt
so why you have not complained ?
Old 17th April 2009, 22:23   #56
Team-BHP Support

MODS

Can this thread be locked till we get more info from the thread creator.
He posted only one thread to start this discussion and mine is the 56th.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:24   #57
BHPian

If what you say is true and its a testdrive vehicle what the dealership did is unforgivable but you pay 10 lakh hard cash and knowingly take delivery of a used vehicle you have only yourself to blame
they give you option of new vehicle in 3 days and you refuse i can understand if they say 3 months for new vehicle but you are not ready to wait 3 days?
whatever your reasons for refusing to wait 3 days for new vehicle and negotiating for discount i dont think its worth to keep that testdrive vehicle even if they offer 1 lakh discount

Last edited by dockap : 17th April 2009 at 22:26.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:53   #58
BHPian

See logically it is pointless in leaving a vehicle and waiting for a new one as the is no production line for the Xenon (there ia a waiting of 25 days for any xenon you book)so where is the question of giving a new car in 3-4 days and all they would have given me would have been a better cleaned up Xenon that they din't do the first time around, So do you guys think I would have got a new car with the registraton complete.

By the way with the vehicle in hand I was able to be in a more commanding position to get something done than park the vehicle and wait for all the procedures to come through and my money and time going for a toss and the vehicle rusting in piece.

Both Concorde and Tata have come up with a solution which is agreed upon by both parties but lets see as to how well and professionally they will step up to impliment it.

Last edited by memo45_m : 17th April 2009 at 22:54.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:55   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Email this thread alongwith an excerpt of your experience to Tata Motors

Last edited by theMAG : 17th April 2009 at 22:58.
Old 17th April 2009, 23:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
See logically it is pointless in leaving a vehicle and waiting for a new one as the is no production line for the Xenon (there ia a waiting of 25 days for any xenon you book)so where is the question of giving a new car in 3-4 days and all they would have given me would have been a better cleaned up Xenon that they din't do the first time around, So do you guys think I would have got a new car with the registraton complete.
Would you do the same mistake which u did the first time ???

Take note of the Chassis & Engine number of the TD vehicle and be tense free and check while taking the delivery of your new vehicle.

You have a person who has worked with the Concorde and i guess he would be knowing some of the internal people and can get some information on your next vehicle.

Last edited by gowda79 : 17th April 2009 at 23:12.

Most Viewed