Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Courtesy Honda: Nightmare At Service

South Delhi only had one Honda Service and Retail outlet, Southend Honda at Badarpur Border on Delhi Mathura Road, When Recently A New Honda Workshop and Sales centre was opened in Okhla Phase-2, Called Courtesy Honda.

I had picked up my Civic from Them last year in July and buying experience was good. But getting the car serviced at them has turned out to be a Equal nightmare.Here is how the stories goes

Yesterday was my cars routine 15000 KM Service, I called up courtesy Honda Day before to book a Appointment and I was given a Time of 11 AM, I reach Courtesy by 11.30. I wait for a Service Advisor to Address my car and open the Job Sheet for the work to be under-taken, During the Inspection I pointed out to him that the Right Hand Side Fender Lining has broken(I remember Pulling a Part out during one of my trips). I instruct him to do a under-body check and replace the Fender lining if necessary.

I stay with the car till lunch, but then leave for my Office as I had some urgent work. Anyways I come to check the car at around 5.30 and see that the Car is being Washed and getting ready for delivery. I ask the Service Advisor(Saurabh) about the fender lining, He said its perfectly ok and just needed some Clips in the splash gaurd. I am shocked at this because I very well remember that something had broken off. On checking the Car I see that the Front Wind-shield washer is not working, (Which Again they did not check during the regular Service), The car is lifted to check the Washer Motor located below the car. During this I Spot that the Right Fender lining is broken and right above that is the Motor.

This Made me Mad, After again and again telling the SA about this problem, He had done nothing about it, And in the morning he told me that When the under body check is performed I Will personally check the lining and take the necessary action. I call him too see this, He instead of apologizing, Starts to argue with the Service Technicians and then tries to convince me thats its all right. By this time its already 6.30.

I instruct them to change the whole thing,even if its OK according to you. When I am ready to Pay for it, why do they have a problem changing. Anyways They order the part from the Warehouse supposedly in Phase-2, Its very near to the service centre, I had been there once to collect some spare parts, Hardly takes 10 mins to come and go. Anyways the part takes 45 Mins to arrive, And after that there is another argue between their service guys, that everybody wants to go home and nobody wants to work. After lot of arguing and hassles The work is finally completed at around 8.30. I Tell him to make my Bill which was of Rs 2741 and tell him to just give my car. The Service Manager did try to convince me and have a Word at 8.30 but I was not interested as talking to him or arguing will neither bring my time back now is it gonna do any good. And also during this whole process, The car that was washed at 5.30 is all dirty and What I drive back home is a messed car. Not to point out, Even When the car was ready at 5.30 after the washing, It was still very dirty and not all acceptable. The Maruti Guys Wash my Swift ten times better then what Honda Did. And truly this standard is un-acceptable when I am driving a 11L Car.

Honda talks about commitment towards its customer, But this experience has truly let me down. I dont think I will take my car ever to Courtesy Honda for servicing.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 22nd April 2009 at 10:50.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yikes. Looks like indifferent service advisors are a problem across most Honda dealerships.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

My cousin also had a horrid experience with HONDA dealerships in South Delhi and had to ultimately go all the way to Gurgaon to get the service done. Courtsey Honda refused to honour the teflon coating done by their own dealership at the time of delivery saying that it was not done at their own dealership and since they dont honour our work we will not honour theirs. Talk about replying in the same coin.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:53   #4
BHPian

Bad news boss..I have booked at Courtsey to get my Citys first service done on 25th ! I had purchased it from Southend and thought of getting it serviced at Courtsey as their service centere is close by! Wonder what to do now! Which is a better dealer in Delhi? Any idea?
Old 24th April 2009, 23:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

It Looks Like Courtesy Honda have a very bad service centre, The attitude has been very casual. I have got a call for the feedback today, Explained the entire incident, They have promised me a reply from the Superior authorities at Courtesy, Lets see what they come up with.

Will keep this thread updated with all the actions taken by Courtesy. till Now I am not going to get my car serviced at Courtesy ever again. I prefer Southend Honda at Badarpur Border, Mathura Road.
Old 24th April 2009, 23:37   #6
BHPian

I don't blame the service rep I blame the guys who own it. If they valued customer service they would ensure they had the right kind of people in there...most are just looking for a return on their investment in the short term...
Old 24th April 2009, 23:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Even Courtesy Honda in North has pathetic service.
But you had good contacts Manan?
Old 24th April 2009, 23:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Even Courtesy Honda in North has pathetic service.
But you had good contacts Manan?
Yup, but did not Call them this time, It was a normal service with nothing important to be done on the car, and this is what you get.

This is how they Treat any normal Customer?? Why do you need contacts to get your car serviced?? And even till now I have not tried contacting any of the people I know in Honda, Just want to know how do they actually go about things.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
Bad news boss..I have booked at Courtsey to get my Citys first service done on 25th ! I had purchased it from Southend and thought of getting it serviced at Courtsey as their service centere is close by! Wonder what to do now! Which is a better dealer in Delhi? Any idea?
IMHO Prime Honda is the best in NCR - they have two service centers - Patparganj and Vaishali, Ghaziabad. Mind you, that isn't saying much. They are often as sloppy and very often one needs to go back a second time to get a problem fixed (like now with focusing my headlight beams - they said they'd do it during servicing last Saturday - no luck). The only redeeming features with Prime is that they don't argue about little things and get the job done, eventually.

Last edited by StarScream : 25th April 2009 at 00:21.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

It's sad to know about such a negligence happening with people dealing with Honda products. Looks like their dealers are following Skoda dealer's path.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Indeed. I hope they won't cross over into the "steal parts off the car and send the owner to his death" zone. That would be the pits.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:43   #12
BANNED

To err is human, to forgive is divine...

Looks like a one off case of laziness, which they rectified, but you did lose some valuable time you would have spent with your family.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

A branch office of my company is next to Courtesy Honda-Okhla, so i usually pass by their building usually. The way they treat customer vehicle is actually very pathetic.

OT: By any means, i would not prefer to leave my vehicle at service center for anything unless and untill some really hard situation is there. It's your money and your stuff, can't one can spare a day for the sake of the same.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

@m4gur8: please escalate this to Honda. I am sure they would take some action on such a lousy service.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

After the Call from Courtesy Honda regarding the Service Feedback on 24th, No Correspondence with me regarding my complain what so ever. I think Courtesy really does not care , If the Customer is satisfied or not with its service.

Anyways called by Honda One2One helpine, Registered a complain against Courtesy with them, I have been told to wait fro 24 Working hours for a response.

I am not gonna let this get away, And Make sure some action is taken

Most Viewed