Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 17:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

That's a bad experience you had with RNS. Couple of years back I also had the same experience but not in insurance renewal but after servicing they had not washed the car properly. I had to give my piece of mind to supervisor and he again washed the car, cleaned it and then he delivered the car.
Old 25th April 2009, 22:08   #17

So sorry to hear that. But in hindsight, I guess it is a stark reminder to renew the insurance policy on time. My policy had expired some time back, and had to go to the united india insurance office hidden near lalbagh/urvashi theatre. The yearly reminder letter that used to arrive, did not. Took 4 hrs to complete. (though a major part of it was due to a power failure. 3 1/2 hrs to be exact).

Coming to RNS, have heard a lot of stories in vivid detail from several of my friends. I think the less said the better.
Old 26th April 2009, 00:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well Nick I aint a saint
Makes no difference even if you are the devil incarnate. Any dealership which treats its customers shabbily deserves to be brought to its knees. So what if the insurance had lapsed? The customer was nice enough to drive down to the dealership for the renewal. My insurance had once lapsed and the agent (New India assurance) came to my place with his camera and all documents.
As far as the 'bloody' word is concerned, I think it is quite normal for a man letting off some steam. I have heard worse at dealerships.
I had bought a M800 from rns in '03 and got 3 services done there. The overall experience was quite good. However, my last visit there was 6 yrs back, so I have no idea how they are now.
Old 26th April 2009, 00:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
You should not have used the word "bloody". My dad renewed insurance at his Maruti dealer recently and i went along. He called in advance and set it up. We still had to wait for about 45 min. to get everything complete. When i complained, they told me paperwork takes time and there were a few renewals ahead of ours. I accepted the reasons as paperwork does take time. I think you're being too harsh on them. Just my opinion. If you had to wait over 2 hours, then i'm with you. Good luck next time.
+1 here. I can understand how one would have felt after waiting for such long time, but if you use foul language, especially with senior officer, he also is going to be pissed off for sure. You don't need to be a saint, but using foul language often results in backlash. Imagine, someone walking into your office and using similar words for a mistake made by your juniors. I am sure, even most T-BHPians would ask him to mind his language before trying to help.

Last edited by RX135 : 26th April 2009 at 00:56.
Old 26th April 2009, 00:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

rjstyle , did you use some local language( you know what I am taking ) there ? if not you should have used that , that would get them moving .
Old 26th April 2009, 09:08   #21
BHPian

Feels bad to hear such things about RNS. I had been their regular customer some years back till i shifted to Kerala. They were really prompt people. Such bad elements should be changed for their own good.

However i feel, it would be good if you mail a complaint along with a link to this page in our forum to their mail id with your Vehicle details like Engine no, Chasis no and Reg no to their mail id contact@maruti.co.in, and also call up to their toll free no 1800 1800 180 and give them a complaint there.

Atleast reporting may make a change in the way things fall in RNS.

I had a problem here in Trichur and have made a complaint as mentioned above, awaiting their response.

As per my previous experiences, Maruti ihas been a consumer oriented company and should be taking a prompt action on this.

Last edited by srikant : 26th April 2009 at 09:10.
Old 26th April 2009, 10:30   #22
BHPian

Now to let the RNS bashing begin (gentle reminder - this is a Maruti Dealer and not Sk***)

My carb Maruti 800 was a regular at their Hosur road workshop. The first incident -

The car runs fine if used gently but the moment I accelerate hard, the engine sputters and dies(throwing out a load of black smoke in the process). Doesn't start again unless cranked a lot. RNS diagnosis it as bad fuel and cleans my carburetor and tunes the engine.

I take a test drive and the car is running better. But it sputters and dies again when I floor it (upshift to 3rd at 50km/hr and to 4th at 80km/hr). The service engineer is apparently unaware of the lead foot syndrome and is looking at me like I'm an alien newly arrived at his planet!

When the engine dies, all I get is a load of gyan "This is not how you drive an 800". I tell him that this (engine dying when revved) was why I bought my car to them in the first place. I'm told to bring the car in the next day as it is already closing time. So I settle the bill and head back home. The problem continues and it takes them 6 weeks and 6-8 visits to diagnose the problem to a faulty fuel pump. I pull out a copy of my first job card and I show them that I've left clear instructions to "check the fuel pump" - practically doing their job for them.

The second incident - The car is overheating, needs a new head gasket and goes to RNS(Hosur Road) again. Why did I go there again ? Because, I'm always allowed to stand next to my car when the mech's are working on it. So I've taken the whole day off and stand guard as the head is removed.

"Sir, you need a new head - about 9K". I look at it closely, the surface is flat and there are no cracks/corrosion visible and realize that I'm being conned.
There is slight pitting on the surface, between two adjacent water channels but nothing that would cause the head gasket to leak (surface between the cylinder wall and the water body is perfect).

Flatly refuse and I tell them that the head is ok. Out comes the service manager - now these guys are huddled together trying to come up with a new game plan to part me with my money.

"Sir, we will face it at a lathe for 4K". I tell them no way, it does not need lathe work and I don't trust you. Just put in a new head gasket and close my engine.

A lot of haggling and then they make me sign a letter stating that they are not responsible if the new head gasket goes bust. Right - like they ever take responsibility for anything!

Now for the final straw - When everything's done, my bill shows a labour charge of 8 hours while my car's only been in the workshop for 5 hours (and with only one person working on it). Have to make a lot of noise and they finally correct it.

The car has run 15K km's already without any problems with the head gasket.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.
CrackedHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 18:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
rjstyle , did you use some local language( you know what I am taking ) there ? if not you should have used that , that would get them moving .
Nopes never spoke a word in the local language. I could have , but then just held on and dint want all hell to break loose(my better half was with me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
+1 here. I can understand how one would have felt after waiting for such long time, but if you use foul language, especially with senior officer, he also is going to be pissed off for sure. You don't need to be a saint, but using foul language often results in backlash. Imagine, someone walking into your office and using similar words for a mistake made by your juniors. I am sure, even most T-BHPians would ask him to mind his language before trying to help.
You have a point, however read my 1st post

Quote:
I ask to Insurance chap to give me their complaint register and he never hands it over. Keeps talking to me and asking me to wait. I lost my cool and asked will you hand it over please !! He still fumbles around and never responds and turns to the other side trying to finish the data entry into their computer.
It was clear that I wanted the compliant register which wasn't handed over.I did re-iterate in the local language for the benefit of the dude at the counter and no use.

Here's what happened next

Quote:

Fine I find the DGM (whatever his designation is )Mr.Parikshit, walk up to him and narrate that I have been kept waiting endlessly and that if he could ask them to finish up sooner.

He simply turns a deaf ear and this pisses me off.His attitude was like dude I don't care types,he was more concerned in some sales deal with another customer.
I don't expect a chap holding such a respectable position at a dealership turn a deaf ear to a customer's problem. I am sure you wont dis-agree with that.

Now was I wrong in venting out ?

Quote:
I say " Damn it I am talking to you and your bloody people are wasting my time " . Now he starts yelling at me saying " don't use the word bloody I don't like it, talk properly" . Yeah right after making me wait for over an hour for an insurance renewal he expects me to butter him and then request him to get his people do my work.
Well I could have spoken further to embarrass him at the dealership , just held my ground and ignored him completely. I realized that there was no point in talking to such a nitwit who doesn't care a damn about somebody's time.

If I had to give him my mouthful , I sure could have in front of the other customers. Doesn't serve the purpose and nor did I have the time for it.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 27th April 2009 at 18:24.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

I had taken a delivery from RNS, Ypr in 2007 and never had an issue with them till date. As someone said, I too feel that the better ones have left the place. I was thinking of calling them this week for another new enquiry. Rethinking now !

By the way, I renew my 2 & 4 wheel insurances online. First one is through ICICI lombard site and second one is through maruti insurance site. Both are very good, hardly takes 10 minutes to take the printout of the new policy by using a credit card. Since I do everything online, I also get a reminder of the expiry atleast 15 days in advance, so I never miss paying before time. Home printed copy I keep in the vehicle and the original which they courier to me in 4 days goes to my home files with original documents of the vehicle.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:10   #25
BANNED

RX, it was not like he went in and started hurling expletives right off the bat. he was left hanging and then virtually forgotten.
he is called a manager for a reason. if his juniors screw up, it is his responsibility and duty to take flak. thats why he is paid more than them.

if somebody walked into my office and said that, I would first pull up the junior and give him a tight one right in front of the customer so that he would not repeat that mistake instead of latching on to semantics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Old 27th April 2009, 21:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Feels bad to hear such things about RNS. I had been their regular customer some years back till i shifted to Kerala. They were really prompt people. Such bad elements should be changed for their own good.

However i feel, it would be good if you mail a complaint along with a link to this page in our forum to their mail id with your Vehicle details like Engine no, Chasis no and Reg no to their mail id contact@maruti.co.in, and also call up to their toll free no 1800 1800 180 and give them a complaint there.

Atleast reporting may make a change in the way things fall in RNS.

I had a problem here in Trichur and have made a complaint as mentioned above, awaiting their response.

As per my previous experiences, Maruti ihas been a consumer oriented company and should be taking a prompt action on this.
Please check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1276900

This worked for me, why dont you try out?
Old 28th April 2009, 00:07   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Now was I wrong in venting out ?
Yes becuase all it did was to get the Manager more mad at you. Yes becuase all it did was raise YOUR blood pressure. Yes becuase all it did was give every person who heard you the impression that you are prone to using such words.

I dont mean to be hard on you. I was 20 once. I was probably just as wild if not wilder but over the years I have learnt that when you scream (or get upset) all the other person hears is the screaming. The message is lost.

Sorry for sounding preachy.

If Mr. Parikshit had given me a deaf ear I would have addressed him by name. I would said somethig to the effect "Mr. Parikshit, can we talk in your office I have something rather urgent to discuss and I'd rather not discuss it here in public where it could embarass you and your dealership"
Old 28th April 2009, 11:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes becuase all it did was to get the Manager more mad at you. Yes becuase all it did was raise YOUR blood pressure. Yes becuase all it did was give every person who heard you the impression that you are prone to using such words.

I dont mean to be hard on you. I was 20 once. I was probably just as wild if not wilder but over the years I have learnt that when you scream (or get upset) all the other person hears is the screaming. The message is lost.

Sorry for sounding preachy.

If Mr. Parikshit had given me a deaf ear I would have addressed him by name. I would said somethig to the effect "Mr. Parikshit, can we talk in your office I have something rather urgent to discuss and I'd rather not discuss it here in public where it could embarass you and your dealership"
I agree with your way of doing things, using foul language in any conversation is a no no. As far as i understand all dealerships are de centralized. The manager for insuarance is Mr Nanjundappa at RNS.

I know Parikshit personally and I have never known him to turn a deaf ear. I have seen him interact with lot of customers and this can be a one off.

He was the spare parts manager and has risen to the post he holds by hard work.

I will personally ask him what this issue was.

I still reiterate that you should have spoken to him in his cabin privately.
Old 28th April 2009, 13:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well navin I rest my case, may be you don't realize the essence of my time at that moment. If you were made to wait for over an hour, miss your appointment, ask for the complaint register and it aint handed over , then approach a dude who has authority and he turns a deaf ear I wouldnt want to sound like a saint.

Quote:
I would said somethig to the effect "Mr. Parikshit, can we talk in your office I have something rather urgent to discuss and I'd rather not discuss it here in public where it could embarass you and your dealership"
Something that needs to be considered , but then when you have lost your cool with the 1st two people whom you interacted with how do you expect someone to approach the 3rd person of authority with a cool head ? Honestly my brains doesnt permit me to think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
The manager for insuarance is Mr Nanjundappa at RNS.
I interacted with a manager at the insurance desk, after my 1st 30 mins of waiting and if he is the same guy whom I interacted then he needs to realize a few things.

1 - You dont offer a customer a cup of tea and keep him waiting.
2 - You don't ask the customer to take a seat and then go missing after making a false promise.
3 - Get his guys to do the job properly.
4 - Ensure that there is a camera always at the dealership.

BTW he made his esteemed presence felt at the end of the whole fiasco like he never knew what was happening.

Quote:
I know Parikshit personally and I have never known him to turn a deaf ear. I have seen him interact with lot of customers and this can be a one off.
Yeah could be one off incident, but why should I be at the recieving end. Its his problem if his people aint organized and it doesnt give him the authority to shove his attitude problem at me.

Quote:
He was the spare parts manager and has risen to the post he holds by hard work.
How does it matter to me ?

Quote:
I will personally ask him what this issue was.
Since you know him personally, kindly ask him to keep his attitude for himself and not shove it around. Sorry to sound rude, but thats the fact .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 28th April 2009 at 13:28.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

@blacmagic, @rjstyles69: Point is that, by doing this, you didn't gain anything. You can be angry and you can let people know about it, especially since you are an esteemed customer. But, if you use a foul word here and there, the attention shifts from their inefficiency to the language that you used.

All that shouting and raising hell would have been far more productive, but for those couple of slipped words. Quite possibly, the staff around would have told other customers later that, you were just a miscreant abusing their manager.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks