Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 13:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

My experience with RNS Motors (Ypr)

Was at RNS Motors(Ypr) this morning to renew my cars insurance. Reached RNS at about 9:40am to pay up and head back since I had some work to finish.

Its been 20 mins and am waiting at their desk, asked the insurance chap whats the delay and he says they don't have a camera. The dude says we have 2 camera's and both have been taken to two different offices and it should be here any moment.

I have no choice I continue to wait and now its almost 40 mins. Check with the manager who takes care of the insurance and says " Sir I just called to find out about the where about's of the guy carrying the camera,he should be here in about 10 mins" . Ok agreed I continue waiting !!

Now its been an hour and finally the dude arrives with the camera and we finish up with the photo formalities and I am asked to wait.

The saga continues, the lady at the desk is taking her own sweet time and I spend another 15-20 mins waiting there to no avail. By now I have lost my patience and ask him to speed up the process , the answer is a blatant " Maadthidini Sir " ( translated - am finishing up the paper work) .

I have no choice and continue waiting and looks like this was never gonna end. My blood's boiling by now, since I missed an appointment which was to happen at 10:45am.

I ask to Insurance chap to give me their complaint register and he never hands it over. Keeps talking to me and asking me to wait. I lost my cool and asked will you hand it over please !! He still fumbles around and never responds and turns to the other side trying to finish the data entry into their computer.

I ask him who is his boss and he says he isn't here. Fine I find the DGM (whatever his designation is )Mr.Parikshit, walk up to him and narrate that I have been kept waiting endlessly and that if he could ask them to finish up sooner.

He simply turns a deaf ear and this pisses me off.His attitude was like dude I don't care types,he was more concerned in some sales deal with another customer.

I say " Damn it I am talking to you and your bloody people are wasting my time " . Now he starts yelling at me saying " don't use the word bloody I don't like it, talk properly" . Yeah right after making me wait for over an hour for an insurance renewal he expects me to butter him and then request him to get his people do my work.

From then on it was a war of words and hell yeah I gave him my piece of mind. Every single customer heard whatever was happening and I was pulled away by a gentleman from dealership saying " Sir its ok please leave it" . From the attitude/reaction of the other workers at the dealership , it was pretty evident that this fella is a troublemaker there. (I am just guessing and I could be wrong).

However after buying all 4 of our Maruti's from the same dealership this is how a Manager looks into a customers issue. I have been dealing with RNS (Ypr) since 2004 and never have I had to deal with such lousie customer service. These are the kinda fellows who bring a bad name to dealerships and its reputation.

Mr. Parikshit if you are reading this ,get your act together dude.You have a long way to go in terms of understanding customer service and then implementing the same. As for your attitude keep it at home and don't throw it around coz I paid for my car and not you.Last but not the least , I honestly think you need to get a life. Period !!

Folks I really want to take this fellow to task. Any leads ? This has been my worst experience with RNS motors, they have always been in my good books in terms of their sales and customer oriented service. I don't want this single incident to change my opinion about that place. However I want to teach this fellow a lesson, who deserves to be stripped of his designation there. Simply a disgust to the dealership and MUL as a brand giving it a bad name and nothing else.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju - Call up Maruti customer service number from their website and report this. Trust me- you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Btw- why didnt you go thru Kumar?
Old 25th April 2009, 14:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats very much disapponting experience. Sorry to hear about it despite you owned 4 cars from same dealership. They should treat every customer with utmost respect.

I know Parikshit is kind of guy who never work under/using influance thats the reason why he told you don't use such words. He is very decent guy as per my experience and everytime I saw him.

But in this case I support your attitude because RNS team including Parikshit must appologize for testing your patience. They should have offered you more discount to cool you down.

This kinda of attitudes are common in every dealerships. Its mainly few employee's careless work nature. I cant understand when people learn from their mistake.

I hope in future they will learn lesson.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Only one way to go about here is.

1800 1800 180

Call away and see how the dealer,DGM or whatever comes to you with the biggest sorry you would have ever heard.
PS: this is the marutis toll free helpline number.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

If the DGM is such a lousy character, the whole team will be affected by this attitude!

Read only good thing about RNS so far, this is the first bad experience over here. Too bad that one lousy person bring a bad name to the entire organization. I hope someone in RNS blows the whistle to the management and sort this guy out!

RJ, unless someone has a better suggestion, Maruti customer care is the way to go.

But why go to the A.S.S for an insurance renewal. I get mine done over the phone with Bajaj, for the last two years. And each time I also got a discount since it was without any agent and directly by the company. Maybe something to think about...

Last edited by HappyWheels : 25th April 2009 at 14:10.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats pathetic service for a customer thats bought 4 vehicles from the dealership.
Btw Riju, why did you have to go to the dealership for the insurance renewal? These guys usually make a cut in the premium and oblige to come over to your place for the formalities.
Plus which insurance provider is this that requires a photograph for renewal?
Old 25th April 2009, 14:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Kumar left RNS sometime back.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Do not go to dealership for insurance renewals. You will get great discounts if you deal directly with the insurance companies.

I changed my insurance from ICICI to Bajaj Allianz last year after negotiating with different insurance companies. I could save almost 3000 on the initial quote by just taking quote from different companies and bargaining.

My car is due for insurance now. Bajaj Allianz offered great discounts (close to 60% with no claim bonus) and I have told the person to come and collect the cheque.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

I too have purchased three vehicles from them in the last 5 years, one for me, one for my aunt and one for the office. Another purchase is in the pipeline. I talk to Naveen Kongovi, a senior salesperson there and he is very helpful. Sorry to hear about your bad experience at RNS rjstyles69, guess all is not as well with RNS as it seems !
Old 25th April 2009, 14:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

You should not have used the word "bloody". My dad renewed insurance at his Maruti dealer recently and i went along. He called in advance and set it up. We still had to wait for about 45 min. to get everything complete. When i complained, they told me paperwork takes time and there were a few renewals ahead of ours. I accepted the reasons as paperwork does take time. I think you're being too harsh on them. Just my opinion. If you had to wait over 2 hours, then i'm with you. Good luck next time.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Thats pathetic service for a customer thats bought 4 vehicles from the dealership.
Btw Riju, why did you have to go to the dealership for the insurance renewal? These guys usually make a cut in the premium and oblige to come over to your place for the formalities.
Dear Nitrous,
I presume Riju missed to renew his insurance within the validity period.
I missed it once and i had to go through all of these formalities.
Riju, i feel sorry for you buddy.
Regards,
Deepak
Old 25th April 2009, 14:36   #12
BANNED

But what was the need for a photograph in the frist place? Was it an expired insurance?
Old 25th April 2009, 15:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Riju - Call up Maruti customer service number from their website and report this. Trust me- you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I sure will call up Maruti's customer service and complain for this disgusting treatment meted out. The good lot has quit RNS and so has Kumar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
But why go to the A.S.S for an insurance renewal. I get mine done over the phone with Bajaj, for the last two years. And each time I also got a discount since it was without any agent and directly by the company. Maybe something to think about...
We get all our cars insurance renewed thru the dealership itself. Cuts the pain during insurance claims, also Maruti has tie ups with other companies and makes life a little easy at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
nitrous my cars insurance had expired on wednesday and could only make it today to pay up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
I too have purchased three vehicles from them in the last 5 years, one for me, one for my aunt and one for the office. Another purchase is in the pipeline. I talk to Naveen Kongovi, a senior salesperson there and he is very helpful. Sorry to hear about your bad experience at RNS rjstyles69, guess all is not as well with RNS as it seems !
The good lot seems to have quit RNS and now they have a bunch of incapable and incompetent people.I wonder what the state of this dealership will be in a few months to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
You should not have used the word "bloody". My dad renewed insurance at his Maruti dealer recently and i went along. He called in advance and set it up. We still had to wait for about 45 min. to get everything complete. When i complained, they told me paperwork takes time and there were a few renewals ahead of ours. I accepted the reasons as paperwork does take time. I think you're being too harsh on them. Just my opinion. If you had to wait over 2 hours, then i'm with you. Good luck next time.
Well Nick I aint a saint and doesnt make sense to keep you waiting. If their time matters so does mine. I am yet to see an instance where insurance renewal takes more than 20 mins.Also I was the 1st one at the counter today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Nitrous,
I presume Riju missed to renew his insurance within the validity period.
I missed it once and i had to go through all of these formalities.
Riju, i feel sorry for you buddy.
Regards,
Deepak
Yeah you are right , I missed it. Work and mundane chores kept me busy never found time to go there. We have a wedding coming up soon and hence have been busy for the last few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
But what was the need for a photograph in the frist place? Was it an expired insurance?
Yes even if its a day late, they would require photographs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Do not go to dealership for insurance renewals. You will get great discounts if you deal directly with the insurance companies.

I changed my insurance from ICICI to Bajaj Allianz last year after negotiating with different insurance companies. I could save almost 3000 on the initial quote by just taking quote from different companies and bargaining.

My car is due for insurance now. Bajaj Allianz offered great discounts (close to 60% with no claim bonus) and I have told the person to come and collect the cheque.
I never wanted any discounts, nor did I bargain since I really never had the time. Wanted to finish up with this thing today and attend to some pending work.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:10   #14
BHPian

It was unfortunate that you had to go thro all this.

I had been to the same place for the insurance renewal 2 weeks ago and the whole process took me about 20 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Yes even if its a day late, they would require photographs.
I din know about this. Will make sure that I get it renewed before the expiry.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles,

Insurance can be renewed online. Maruti website allows you to do it. You can then printout the renewed insurance and have a hard copy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks