Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 11:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Auto Engineers Noida - Great Service

Folks,
I own a 5 year old Indica DLS that has done 85 K kms. I have always got my car serviced from TASS. However, my experience hs not been all that good. The service performed would at best be rated at OK.

I have been advised by a lot of forum members to go to an independent garage. A couple of months back, I had got a small bumper painting job done on my SX4 from Auto Engineers ( located in sec 16 motor market in Noida). I had a discussion with Navneet, who handles the operations and was pretty impressed with what I saw. Unlike the big set ups he is personally involved in actively supervising the mechanics and the servie advisors.

So when my Indica needed the 85 K service, I proceeded to Auto Engineers. The service advisor heard me out patiently and sent one of the mechanics for a lenthy test drive.

The car had a lot of gear judder, brake judder, the accelaration was poor and there were a lot of rattling sounds in addition to myraid other problems. It had become a pain to drive the car over any decent distance and Iwas left changing gears to goad her to keep up with the traffic. I was thinking that I would have to go in for a replacement pretty soon if the current state of affairs continued. (the car is mostly used by my wife)

I suspected that I would need a clutch and a suspension job and along with a big fat bill.

The mechanic ruled out the need for a clutch and suspension jobs. He said the car needed fresh brake pads and disks, the Cat con needed to be cleaned and a general service and wheel balancing + allignment and tune up was all that was required.Unlike TASS guys, he did not try to sell any thing that was not needed

When I picked up the car at 6.30 in the evening, I was pleasantly susprised. The car was a lot smoother and pulled cleanly without any gear judder. The brakes were effective and the judder had been cured. The door rattles had been attended to, and the car had been cleaned rather well ( inside and out).

It now drives well, and I think I can easily enjoy use her for the next 2 years.

Auto Engineers, kudos for a job well done. I would recommend them to Tata car owners ( although they do cars of all makes).
Old 11th May 2009, 11:12   #2
BHPian

I am also from Noida and would like to try him out for my Matiz. Can you post his phone number or address
Old 11th May 2009, 15:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Akj53,
Navneet's phone no is 9810046713. It is located in the Sector 16 Motor Market. It is across the road from Meinhardt office.
Old 11th May 2009, 19:06   #4
BHPian

Thanks Rajneesh, for the info.

I will try him
Old 15th May 2009, 18:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rajneesh, why dont you post details of your bill. It would give an indication of labour charges. Auto engineers are tata authorised, right?
Old 16th May 2009, 12:43   #6
BHPian

Auto engineers are not tata authorized. This guy is very good and understands about cars well. But try to buy spare parts from outside

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks