Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 10:00   #1
BHPian

Service Center - Bangalore

Guys,

My (Indica DLX Na) is due for it 50k service.

I have tried out Manipal, Concord & Prerana in past 1 year, and some how not been satisfied with their service as i never hit the sweet spot that we are used to. Our car for past 4 yrs was serviced at Manikbag - Belgaum.

Now we have trip planned for last week of May and want to ensure that the car is at its best.

Have heard from a close friend that Bosch Service is gud. But wanted fellows members who have experienced Bosch Service to comment, and also suggest any other service center which can provide excellent service @ Bangalore (preferablly South or East bangalore)

Please do give contact number and reference if any.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:52   #2
BHPian

if you are willing to take it to bangalore north, then try Classic Motors they are authorised TATA service centre. They are good servicing Tata passanger vehicles.
After the service / Checkup if you are not still not satisfied with anything, speak to Vijay (Owner) or Vijay (Chief Mechanic) they will get it done and make sure that you are satisfied with the service.

I have been servicing my TATA vehicles from them. Indica for the last 5+ years and Sierra for 3 years before that.

Their service centre number is 080 23472233.

Cheers,
Chetan
Old 15th May 2009, 12:26   #3
BHPian

Thanks chetan.

But you imagine me travelling all the way from JP Nagar where I stay to Yeshwanthpur (Classic Motors) on a working day and travel from there to Indira Nagar where I work.... and again do the same to pick the car up... It won’t be practical.

Would prefer the service centre to be in South Bangalore or East Bangalore.

Fellow BHP’ians, request your support here. Any one experienced Bosch Services station?

has any one tried out AGIP engine oils, if yes how much of a difference have you felt and how good it is compared to Mobil 1 Devac Super 1000.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:32   #4
BANNED

You could try Prerana on Old Madras Road. This is right next to the Shell bunk and opposite RMZ Infinity.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
You could try Prerana on Old Madras Road. This is right next to the Shell bunk and opposite RMZ Infinity.

I have tried Prerana and not very happy with the quality of service. As my car is Ka22 registered they (Prerana/Manipal & Concord) dont tend to pay enough interest in my car.

Thats why i am looking at some other Service provider. support
Old 15th May 2009, 18:47   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sunny, Which Prerana unit did you try, and who was the service advisor there ?
Both, HRag & I are Prerana customers, at two diff locations.

Also, which Bosch Service are you referring to in South BLR ?

Why do you feel the car isnt feeling right after servicing there ?
Old 15th May 2009, 19:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Don't ever go to Prerana. Infact , they only almost spoiled my ooty trip as the very next day of getting it serviced at Prerana, my breaks conked and I had a very near accident..
Old 15th May 2009, 23:35   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
As my car is Ka22 registered they (Prerana/Manipal & Concord) dont tend to pay enough interest in my car.
I find it strange that TN-07 is happily accepted at all the above places but not KA-22
Old 19th May 2009, 15:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dont think KA-22 can be a reason I have seen all sorts of number plates at Concord and Prerna , Whatever is your reason but there is one more option Green Tracks at Hosur Road just after the Silk board flyover they are TASS and fits your criteria to be in South Bangalore.
Old 21st May 2009, 17:49   #10
BHPian

Pardon me for my delayed response, was on a tour to Madikeri on the weekend and could not respond.

Amit, thanks for the details. Will visit the TASS this weekend and decide.

hrag: its nothing to do with KA 22 or TN, I agree. But every time my car got serviced from these guys something or the other went wrong.

Just to put few points forward.

1) Prerana, Jan 2008 - Regular service, when the car returned, the AC air flow nob did not rotate and I had to complain to the manager then only they fixed it that to, it did not work properly. When I received a call from TATA Motors customer care centre after a week, and when I raised a complain, the service centre guys sent their engineer to repair the same at my place. And then I received a call from prerana asking me to not complain.
Got feed up as my problem did not get solved.

2) Concord, may 2008 - Regular service, The Rare washer was broken and even after complaining never got it, also there was loads of Black smoke coming, which they said would go off after few days, but again had to fight for the work to be corrected.

3) Manipal, Nov 2008, Regular service after a Kodai Kennal Tour. No particular issues and the car felt the best after a very long time.

But am looking to try out some other good service centre.

Request fellow BHPians to suggest a good service centre when I can get it tuned to my liking.
Old 21st May 2009, 18:06   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

We have seen atleast one KL regd vehicle come in for one-off service visits at these places, and no problems reported.
Old 21st May 2009, 18:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As my car is Ka22 registered they (Prerana/Manipal & Concord) dont tend to pay enough interest in my car.
Quote:
3) Manipal, Nov 2008, Regular service after a Kodai Kennal Tour. No particular issues and the car felt the best after a very long time.
What went wrong with Manipal, is that they corrected your car problem you don't want to continue ???
Old 21st May 2009, 18:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
What went wrong with Manipal, is that they corrected your car problem you don't want to continue ???
Its not that i dont want to continue. but the car was not what it was when it was serviced by Manikbag. So taught i will visit few good service Centre's and then decide to which cenre to service.

As we have planned a long drive from Bangalore to Munnar and coimbatore.
want to ensure the car is at its best.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj, it helps to build a relationship with your service center. Single visits are not enough for that. If you find something has not been done properly the first time, go back, show a little patience. They will do it well enough.
Old 20th January 2016, 21:55   #15
BANNED

Re: Service Center - Bangalore

Hi All,

I just got my Nano from classic Motors , Yelahanka, Bangalore and i am very disappointed.

Issue : Nano was parked in front of my house and a bike hit it from behind car got damaged badly. it was in midnight and could not know who hit that.

Next day i started the car and drove for around 3 KM and then all of a sudden when i change gears the car doesn't move any further and i parked it on the road side since it was night 10PM, Next day i called Tata emergency break down helpline number and got the car towed to Classic motors yelahanka.

They checked and called me back and gave me a big list of damaged items and said insurance can be claimed

For next 20 days i did not get my Nano and when ever i called them they used to give me some reason. At last i got frustrated and complained to Tata and Bharathi Axa insurance and immediately everyone swung into action and delivered car in one day.

when i got back my car, dash board and seat was full of grease and oil which was very clean when i gave my car to them 20 days back. i asked them and they said i need to get and interior clean to clean them...why should i get my car interior cleaned for the grease & oil put my service centre?

Stay rod of bonnet is missing and cigar lighter CAP is also missing. i had them intact when i gave it for service

Now i also have doubt if they over charged in my bills. I am attached a copy so that some expert can tell me if i was cheated in bills too.

Tata call centre for complaints were also pathetic

I wanted other people to know what happened to me so that others do not end up in my situation.

Last edited by alexrabbi : 20th January 2016 at 21:58.
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks