Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 01:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Olympia Honda Chennai

There appears to a new Honda dealership called Olympia Honda in Ambattur, Chennai. I had registered for a Jazz test drive and I got a call from them. Anyone in Chennai dealt with them before?

I am glad Honda is expanding its dealer footprint in Chennai. I was really not looking forward to dealing with Sundaram in case I buy the Jazz and Capital Honda is too far way from Annanagar.
Old 19th May 2009, 08:11   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There appears to a new Honda dealership called Olympia Honda in Ambattur, Chennai. I had registered for a Jazz test drive and I got a call from them. Anyone in Chennai dealt with them before?

I am glad Honda is expanding its dealer footprint in Chennai. I was really not looking forward to dealing with Sundaram in case I buy the Jazz and Capital Honda is too far way from Annanagar.
Gilead:Olympia Honda is from the Khivraj Group, Automobiles (Dealers for Maruti cars and Bajaj two wheelers). The ones who also own the Olympia Techno Park at Ekkaduthangal in chennai.

You sure are right when it comes to Sundaram as many a owner do not look forward to dealing with them.

Capital again part of the Kun Group (Hyundai and BMW) but distance is an issue unless ofcourse you would trust having your prized possession being subjected to a Pickup and Drop I wouldnt trust me

regards
Smooth Sailing
Old 19th May 2009, 12:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is great news for Honda owners especially the ones staying around Anna Nagar/Mogappair/Koyambedu.
Old 19th May 2009, 14:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
Gilead:Olympia Honda is from the Khivraj Group, Automobiles (Dealers for Maruti cars and Bajaj two wheelers). The ones who also own the Olympia Techno Park at Ekkaduthangal in chennai.
Smooth: I happen to work at Olympia tech park and I did wonder if there was a connection. Thanks for confirming. Let me see if I can wrangle something from Mr. Chordia here.
Old 10th October 2010, 19:30   #5
BHPian

Service at Olympia Honda

I have bought an ANHC from Olympia Honda last month and the first service is due this month.
I am thinking of going to Olympia Honda.
Does anyone from T-BHP have experience with this dealer for service.
Is there any specific contact point for getting better service?
I am very particular about this and your suggestions would be helpful.
BHPians living in North West Chennai please give your valuable experience with Olympia Honda.
You can read my initial use report in the thread "Welcome Home Lady in Red Honda City S-MT"

HC
Old 29th October 2010, 19:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
I have bought an ANHC from Olympia Honda last month and the first service is due this month.
I am thinking of going to Olympia Honda.
Does anyone from T-BHP have experience with this dealer for service.
Is there any specific contact point for getting better service?
I am very particular about this and your suggestions would be helpful.
BHPians living in North West Chennai please give your valuable experience with Olympia Honda.
You can read my initial use report in the thread "Welcome Home Lady in Red Honda City S-MT"

HC
I have had all 3 free services of my Civic done at Olympia Honda where I had bought my car 7 months ago. My experience with them has so far been ok, nothing negative to report but there again, nothing so great about them as well.

One of the minor issues I have been facing with my car has not been fixed by them till now. Having said that, I have developed a decent rapport with the SA and the bodyshop manager and have seen some improvement in my last service. So, I guess the key is to develop a good rapport with the SA and get things done, whichever be the service centre.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have had all 3 free services of my Civic done at Olympia Honda where I had bought my car 7 months ago. My experience with them has so far been ok, nothing negative to report but there again, nothing so great about them as well.

One of the minor issues I have been facing with my car has not been fixed by them till now. Having said that, I have developed a decent rapport with the SA and the bodyshop manager and have seen some improvement in my last service. So, I guess the key is to develop a good rapport with the SA and get things done, whichever be the service centre.
rr_zen,
Thanks for the response.
I went to Olympia for the 1st free service on Tuesday (26/11) with only 418 Km on the odometer in 36 days !
Mainly because I use my WagonR for the usual commute and try to use the ANHC when all of us go out.
As pointed out by you, the key is the relationship with the SA.
This time it was uneventful as there was absolutely no service work except for checking all parameters and cleaning the car.
I went in the morning and waited and took back the car.
Since it is close to me and also relatively new dealer, I am thinking of continuing with them and try to establish some rapport for good service.
I hope Honda opens their own service station like MSM of Maruti.
Are you referring to the clutch shuddering problem that you had reported earlier in your posts?
Could it be due to different styles of driving different vehicles?
I found it different to drive the ANHC compared with WagonR especially the clutch control.
Hope you could read my initial ownership report in the following thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...city-s-mt.html
My buying experience was similar to yours except that you bought Civic.

HC
Old 18th April 2012, 20:38   #8
BHPian

Re: Olympia Honda Chennai

Hi, through the leasing arrangement - have been asked to book my Honda Jazz in Olympia Honda Chennai.

Looking at this thread - the review is neither good or bad & it is not updated recently.

Anyone - has latest experience with Olympia Honda please. Will be more helpful - before i proceed further on the purchase process.

Thanks in advance
Old 19th April 2012, 06:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Hi, through the leasing arrangement - have been asked to book my Honda Jazz in Olympia Honda Chennai.

Looking at this thread - the review is neither good or bad & it is not updated recently.

Anyone - has latest experience with Olympia Honda please. Will be more helpful - before i proceed further on the purchase process.

Thanks in advance
Been with Olympia since September 2010 and they are good.
You need to establish good rapport so that your work gets done smoothly (happens everywhere else).
Are you limited only to Olympia? If not I suggest that you shop around with all the dealers in order to get the best deals and then use the acquired information to negotiate with the dealer that you prefer to deal with in the long term.
If you have decided to buy from Olympia then let me know.
Regardless of dealers be sure with the deal that you accept and the vehicle inspection as per PDI list and your judgement.
Old 19th April 2012, 07:35   #10
BHPian

Thank you for the update.

Considering Honda jazz - there is hardly any dealer competition here on deals !

Yes will do a PDI (hopefully by next month) - am sure they should have standard process across dealers... Again - yes it is subjective on how well we get mapped to the counterpart.

Am also thinking - after delivery or first service, and find the service not up to the mark - I can as well go for sundaram or capital - right ?. 'cos - the SM will have limited play (except any escalation etc) with A.S.S. So let us do - where we find it more professional n helpful !

Is my understanding right ?
Old 5th June 2012, 19:18   #11
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I had decided to go in for a second car for the wifey, and was on the test drive spree. We had decided to try out the Honda Brio, and that was when I came across Olympia Honda.

Day 1
I called the number that was listed out in their website (9841422650) - This is the number of Mr. Venkatachandru the Sales leader.
He promised a test drive and asked me for a convenient time.
The test drive car along with a couple of sales personnel were available on-the-dot at the time promised.
The whole examination of the car inclusive of the test drive lasted about an hour !
We were appraised of the following
1. The salient features of the car
2. The comparison details with other cars (The details included the engine mounts!)
3. The comparison among the model variants (features, price, etc)
4. The maintenance aspects of the car (The service intervals , approximate costs , spare parts pricing etc)
5. The facilities available at the dealership - Olympia Honda (Sales, workshop, body shop, insurance follow-up etc)
6. The deals available on the model that we had chosen and the discount details
7. The financing options and the details of the banks that have a tie -ups with the Honda dealership. They also explained about what could be the help expected from the dealership in availing the loan for the car.

Finally the sales guys shared a couple of Autocar india magazine supplements which had the car's review along with their business cards and parted.

Day 2
The wifey was already sold on the car (The detailed reviews in the TBHP with the pictures and the coverage of nitty-grittys was so helpful)
So, we visited the dealership at Ambattur from Valasaravakkam. (The place is very near to the AMBIT IT park and TCS). We met the sales person and he help us into a lounge and the buying process inclusive of the finance formalities were over in about 30 minutes.

We were taken to the third floor (The PDC section) and were shown our BR-EE-OH.

The sales person promptly introduced us to the VIN number and explained the sequence. He also pointed out that the allocated car was MAY 2012 batch ! Btw: The sales person is Mr. Santhanam.

We took some pictures and left for the day.

Day 3

Got the call from the dealership that the finance is through and that the car is to be registered.

Day 4

Mr. Santhanam called us to check if we require a home delivery of the Brio.
But, we agreed to meet at 4.30PM at the dealership.

The car was cleaned and was ready as a princess when we arrived at the dealership. There was a small formality of paper work (Delivery challan etc) which lasted for about 5 minutes.

The service advisor was introduced to us and he gave a briefing about the car the usage the service, warranty, parts, and the run-in etc (15 minutes)

A small pooja (10 minutes) followed by a photo session and we were driving out the car.

This is my 7th car purchase over the times and by far the smoothest and greatest.

I will recommend Olympia to all my fellow bhpians.
Old 15th December 2012, 12:20   #12
BHPian

Unfortunately, I had my opinion about the dealership (Olympia Honda- Chennai) changed when I had to deal with them for the A.S.S

It was a nightmare to have to deal with the service personnel there.

They were utterly directionless and the process is very confusing.
I was made to run from pillar to post before they put me through a service adviser.

I had to deal with four different people who were disconnected by way of information and procedures before the car was through the first service.

Please be cognizant of the facts of the A.S.S at Olympia before getting anywhere ner them.
Would not recommend them to anybody
Old 21st December 2012, 09:43   #13

Habenero'ji & other BHP-ians,
I have just booked a ANHC AT at Olympia. Need to make down payment fast.
Finding it difficult to negotiate a good deal. They all seem so cold.
Any advice, tips?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks