Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:11   #76
BHPian

Shiv, I was so much under a surprise and shock when Skoda offered me the Ex showroom Price, that I never bothered to check on Road tax . I guess I will have to book it under my losses, but the sheer fact that I do not have to deal with Skoda again in my life is compensation enough for me to forget about Road Tax and fuel charges. Regading the mental agaony and all the harrassment I went through, I am still relying on Harish to build up the class Action suit. I am ready to give whatever support is required on that, we should hit Skoda so hard that they should never again dream of taking any other Indian Customer for a ride!!!
Regards,
Gaurav
Old 4th August 2009, 09:36   #77
BHPian

Good to hear that you got a refund. The engine never felt right to me. Your case and the very fact that Skoda stopped making the 1.4 MPi Fabia proves the point.

Your case should be an eye-opener for all Indians. We tend to become blind fans of whatever brand. Some months ago even I wouldn't have believed that Skoda would sell lemons. First of all, Skoda shouldn't have launched this variant in India without proper testing. Most importantly once they started noticing serious issues they should have immediately stopped selling these cars and should have recalled all the cars they sold.

I can't believe they are forcing customers to go through this ordeal. It's shocking that they've decided to give Mayank a discount on his next Skoda rather than give him a refund.

This can happen only in India. All the manufacturers know that the fear of a foreigner pulling out his investments from India is sufficient for the government to turn a blind eye.
Old 4th August 2009, 09:55   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Shiv, I was so much under a surprise and shock when Skoda offered me the Ex showroom Price, that I never bothered to check on Road tax .
understandable
glad that you managed to get your money back and only hope that the other cases are resolved soon
unfortunately, one of my uncle's bought a used Laura even before I could let him know about Skoda issues! anyway, i can only pray he doesn't end up with any problems during his ownership
Old 5th August 2009, 12:09   #79
BHPian

Friends, whats the best way to ask Skoda for compensating me in causing mental trauma and agony for my parents for the past 14 months. The Engine Stalling happened more than 15 times in my Fabia 1.4 MPI, but Skoda kept on denying the issue for the first 8 months. They even questioned my drivers' capabilities in driving the Skoda!!! It took more than dozen visits to their worksshops for them to finally admit to the problem. Is Consumer Court the only way to ask for Compensation, or there a less painful and faster way. Please advise.
Old 5th August 2009, 13:27   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not a lawyer but... ny instinct says that, now you have made a settlement with them, unless you took very good care to have paperwork stating that that this was not a final settlement, and that it did not exclude the possibility of future claims or action by you, you will find it hard to get any more out of them.

On a more human level, I'd suggest to be satisfied, as taking further action can only add more and more stress. I'd say --- walk away and leave Skoda in your past.
Old 11th August 2010, 01:49   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That was six years ago, just after Volkswagen A.G. bought a controlling stake in Skoda...
Published: May 19, 1999

Just in case anyone thinks this article was written recently!
Quote:
Though far better than the hapless East German Trabants or the Russian Ladas
A matter of opinion!

Most Viewed