Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 00:33   #1
BHPian

Pathetic service from Skoda and Fabia woes. EDIT : Got FULL refund from Skoda

I hadpurchased a Skoda Fabia Elegance 1.4 MPI around one year back, and within 10 days of the Purchase, the Engine had started Stalling. I had immediately complained to the Skoda Customer Care, as the Engine has stalled more than 10 times on the highway, and poses a great threat of physical injuries to me and my family.
Inspite of repeated complaints to Skoda for the past one Year, there has been NO Action from them. Their Customer Service to describe in one word is 'pathetic'. The Skoda technical people have inspected the Vehicle more than 10 times in the past one Year and assured me that the problem is rectified, but the Engine has Stalled every single time after their inspection. This car has caused me more mental tension and risk of serious injury, instead of any driving pleasure, and that too with one of their premium models. Skoda should be awarded for the Worst Customer Care in the Country . . I have never seen such poor service from any other Car Manufacturer. Skoda is the most ir-responsible car maker we have ever come across.
On Top of all these troubles, the Skoda dealers are a bunch of Cheats as was displayed by their Oberoi Auto Dealer in Dehradun. They replaced a damaged Bonnet on my Vehicle and cliamed full money for a new Bonnet. When we confronted them, they simply apololgized and said they will agin replace the Bonnet!!!
I am so fed up of Skoda that am ready to file a Consumer Court case against them. Would appreciate if someone form the team can guide me to some media contacts where i can bring out my grievances against Skoda. For last one year i have simply been corresponding with Skoda without any results!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 20th May 2009 at 02:51. Reason: Text format tags removed. Moved to Reviews section.
Old 20th May 2009, 06:52   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the group dude.
Refer to
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...koda+instigate

and

You will suddenly realize you are not alone. If nothing else, you will atleast get lot of moral support.

All the best.

Regards,
Old 20th May 2009, 07:31   #3
BHPian

Oh No...SKODA - I have seen many companies which makes great products but poor *** and Some offer average products but wonderful ***...i guess SKODA is the only company that offers very average products supported by terrible ***...

This is nothing but committing suicide...
Old 20th May 2009, 07:37   #4
Team-BHP Support

You are not alone Gaurav, join the crowd. If you go through the links provided by mohit, you will find a list of owners who are contemplating a PIL against Skoda in an attempt to beat some sense into that clueless and couldn't care less company.
Old 20th May 2009, 07:39   #5
BHPian

And it continues. What surprises me is how people are still buying these cars AFTER reading these reports by thinking its not true. Its just a case of thinking this happens to the other guy but not me.

Sorry Gaurav, but I doubt you are going to get any respite - best bet is to book losses and sell this car. Cuz if u keep complaining , they may even threaten to sue you! Its true , Skoda instead of solving customers woes actually spends its money on ensuring there is no negative publicity. Even a school child would be able to tell them that their money is better used in solving the woes that cause such publicity in the first place.
Old 20th May 2009, 07:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
They replaced a damaged Bonnet on my Vehicle and cliamed full money for a new Bonnet. When we confronted them, they simply apololgized and said they will agin replace the Bonnet!!!
What is this bonnet changing business? Did you meet with an accident?
Old 20th May 2009, 07:45   #7
BHPian

File a case in consumer court and claim hefty damages. It may take some time but it will work. Write your complaint to all auto magazines, to all TV channels running auto shows and even to news papers. Maybe that will wake up this idiotic company
Old 20th May 2009, 07:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Welcome to the group dude.
Refer to

You will suddenly realize you are not alone. If nothing else, you will atleast get lot of moral support.

All the best.

Regards,
And I thought that thread would discourage dealerships from cheating people. It has been viewed 1.5L times. Really sad. This company should be featured on TV with all the people cheated testifying against Skoda. Perhaps then things will change.
Old 20th May 2009, 08:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
File a case in consumer court and claim hefty damages. It may take some time but it will work. Write your complaint to all auto magazines, to all TV channels running auto shows and even to news papers. Maybe that will wake up this idiotic company
Before that, collect/compile all the documentary evidence that you have like complaints, e-mails, photographs, voice recordings if any etc.
Old 20th May 2009, 08:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
... Perhaps then things will change.
The only thing that will eventually change should be that the customers should become smarter. I do not think that anything else will or would change, nor should we expect it to, since it will just not happen!

Long live the King! The King is dead!
Old 20th May 2009, 09:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

skoda continues to show its pathetic service and poor product. No change in improving it, guess that meeting with mods was an eyewash.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Skoda (dealer) does it again! What has been the response from the company?
Old 20th May 2009, 10:32   #13
Team-BHP Support

lol another one has experience of the skoda way!

Do a search and you will find many like sufferers who will be able to guide you to consumer action against skoda.

Same doubts as Rudra's, did you damage the bonnet and they replaced with a faulty one OR did they replace perfectly aok bonnet with a damaged one from another car?
Old 20th May 2009, 10:46   #14
BHPian

Instead of questioning the dealer, Skoda has been defending them, putting the blame on us.

Worst part is, during the enitre past Year, Skoda has never admitted there is any problem in the car!!! They simply did the investigation and blamed us that we did know how to Drive a Skoda!!! Imagine, they think their products are so Superior!!

We have called their Breakdown Service whenever the Engine Stalled, but they never responsed and we were stranded on the road.

Anyone has any pointers to e-mail addresesses of someone in the media? How long does a Consumer Court takes for redressal, any idea.

The Bonnet was damaged and as it was still under warranty we took it to their Dealer M/S Oberoi Auto in Dehradun. They replaced the damaged bonnet with another defective one and claimed full money for it!! If we had not noticed, they would have gotten away with it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2009 at 10:57. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for mods to approve the first post, and then you can edit it in the next 15 mts. Thanks
Old 20th May 2009, 11:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

So, every time the car stalled, did it start up without any problem on first attempt? What was wrong with the bonnet that they put in?

By the way, Skoda is making Fiat look awesome!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks