Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 09:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Incompetent Jay Bharat Hyundai dealership

I had given my car to Jayabharat Hyundai Mumbai for minor work and the following posts detail the email transfers that take place between them and me.
When i initially wrote to Hyundai regarding extremely low FE on my i10 AT they sent me and acknowledgement and inadvertently sent me insider emails in their cc. Thus i forward this complaint to them as well.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 13 May 2009 3:16:41 PM GMT+05:30
To: cr <cr@hmil.net>
Cc: Ahmad <ahmad@hmil.net>, Swapna Chavan <crwest@hmil.net>, sahebdesai@hmil.net, fluxian@hmil.net, jayabharat1@yahoo.co.in, jal customercare <jalcustomercare@gmail.com>
Subject: Horrible experience with jaybharat hyundai service
Reply-To: Tejas Kothari

Horrible service experience with Jaybharat hyundai with regards to car number MH 01 _______ - i10 AT Asta, Kappa engine.

My car was giving me a bad fuel efficiency and i had given a email complaint to hyundai customer service(Complaint ID: 1-20336755). They got in touch with me and Jaybharat hyundai and got my car picked up on Wednesday 6th May, 2009.

I was called by the service center (cotton green) and told they received the car. I told them that my car was rear ended and there was damage to the bumper and the boot lid and that needed to be repaired. After a verbal estimate was given to me, i agreed and said that to make sure the repair job is as good as new and to fit back the reverse camera that i had installed aftermarket back in the new bumper.

The service manager’s name was Abhijeet and the body work in-charge was Rajesh.

They did the FE testing for me and called and said that some tuning has been done and after that they tested the car and have got an FE of 9kmpl. I said fine and asked when the car will be returned? I was told that the paint needs to dry on the dent work and the car will be returned on Monday 11th.

Subsequently, on monday i get a call that they do not have a driver and the car will be returned on tuesday which also i agreed on.

Note: i had gifted this car to dad and he uses it and not me. So i told them to contact dad who will take delivery of the car and i gave his mobile number.

In the meanwhile i get a call from the service center saying that they have my car and it is due for servicing and if i could give them the number of kilometers driven. I said that since they have the car, why couldn’t they check the odo? To this no reply was given and i said that i guess the car has been driven 300-400kms and as far as i know the first service is after 1000kms. to this the lady said but since the car is here, why don’t we service it. I refused and said that the car will be given for service only after 1000kms.
What i don’t understand is why can’t they check the odo of the car instead of calling to ask me?

Next problem:
On tuesday (12th May, 09), my dad gets a call at 11:30am that the driver is leaving with the car and will reach the residence in half hour. My dad says that he is at work (which is 1.5kms away) and the car should be delivered to him at work since he will be there till 12:30. He gives the address and the landmark.
The car doesn’t reach till 1pm and my dad is still waiting. He once again calls up and the lady informs him that she has no idea, but will check and get back.
Which she doesn’t.
At 2:30pm my dad gets a call from Vaishali that the car has still not left because they do not have a driver!!! My dad get’s angry and says why wasn’t he called and told so instead of making him wait for so long at office? She has no reply to that. He asks to speak to the manager and she puts him on hold and the phone disconnects after a while. After repeated calls immediately, there is no answer on that phone number. Dad then calls from a landline to the same number and it is answered by another lady. On being asked for the manager, she transfers the line to another lady who claims to be the manager and says that all drivers are busy and the car will be sent when they find someone. When asked why they could not have made a courtesy call the the car was not sent, she says that i don’t know and hangs up.

My dad then calls me up and i call up Jaybharat and demand to speak to the manager. I explain to someone and ask why is a car delivery such a problem? He says he will speak to the service center and get back to me.

Abhijeet then calls me and says that they have no drivers right now who can drive an automatic car. I find that highly ridiculous that if a company is selling an AT, they should have people who can drive one as well! i need an answer for this.

Soon, by 5pm my dad gets a call that their driver has left. The driver gets the car home and dad notices that the bumper plastic guard still has scratches. So he tells the driver that he will settle the payment only after my son (that’s me) approves of the work and he has to wait. To this the driver says he has no instructions to wait and calls the service center manager and gives my dad the phone. This time, the manager who comes on line is a male. He claims that he is the real manager. So my dad explains to him the full drama that has taken place since morning and why couldn’t the first lady have called and informed about the delay. My dad says that all he wants is that vaishali apologizes for not calling regarding the delay. The manager apologizes and calls for vaishali to do the same. On the phone vaishali says that she has been fasting for two days thus it slipped her mind.
This is one of the most ridiculous excuses i have ever heard, and she still did not apologize.

Next problem

I reach home and see the car. The boot lid dent work and bumper looked fine. However, the plastic strip running across the bumper was the old one and scratched. So i call up abhijeet and ask why is that not changed. He says that since the camera was attached to it and they don’t know how to remove it from the plastic they put the old one back. So he tries to put the blame on me that since i had instructed to refit the camera in the new bumper, and since they could not do it, they put the old one back. I repeatedly ask him, why couldn’t he call to tell me this is the problem? I said i could have send the man from the fitter’s place to remove the camera but he had no answer to that. I told him that i am sending the car back to rectify the problem.

The driver takes the car back.

Then i get a call from rajesh who did the dent work. He says that if they tried to remove the camera, some clip would break and thus they put in the old one. So i ask him why wasn’t i informed about it. Maybe i could have put in a new camera if the old one broke, but i should be notified. To this he has the gall to tell me that why would i waste a 6000 rupee camera for a 250 rupee plastic strip.

That decision is my prerogative and he has no right to question me on that!!! I do not like my cars to me scratched or dented. Period!

Then i tell him to take out the camera along with the plastic strip and put it in the boot and fit a new one. I will take care of the re-installation on my own.

Another thing that i noticed was that when i had first fit my camera, the lens was flush with the bumper. However, now it protrudes 3mm out. So on any impact, the camera would crack first. So when i asked Rajesh how did the camera magically pop out by 3mms if they could not remove it, he had no answer.

I have taken photographs of all this mess and i can email them to you as well. I also have installation photos of the camera which show that the lens was flush. Am attaching one pic here of the scratches seen and the unprofessional camera installation.

I am really exasperated by your service and attitude. My dad was very insistent on the Fabia but i convinced him out of it saying citing numerous Skoda service issues. I told him Hyundai was a safe bet. Now i repent.

I do not want Jaybharat to handle any of my free services and demand that another center takes up futures services of the car. I also want a reply from a higher management about why this state of matter exists?
I googled problems with jaybharat hyundai service and was shocked to see the number of complaints that came up.
I am a member of the biggest car forum in india: team-bhp.com
I will wait for 3 days for your senior staff to respond to me before i post this story up on that community. Visit the site yourself to see how big it is.

I am really really angry with this state of affairs. I have never had any complains for my other cars from Honda or MBIL.

My car will come back this evening and i hope that they have sorted this mess and the FE has increased.

IMPORTANT: i DO NOT want any contact with Jaybharat from now on. I DO NOT want apology or explanatory calls. I just want Hyundai Motors India to transfer my car servicing to another vendor and send me details of that vendor. If that is not possible, i will get servicing done from outside and would wish that my extended warrantee money be refunded.

Regards,

Tejas
Old 20th May 2009, 09:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Date: 14 May 2009 12:07:11 AM GMT+05:30
To: cr <cr@hmil.net>
Cc: Ahmad <ahmad@hmil.net>, Swapna Chavan <crwest@hmil.net>, sahebdesai@hmil.net, fluxian@hmil.net, jayabharat1@yahoo.co.in, jal customercare <jalcustomercare@gmail.com>
Subject: Horrible experience with jaybharat hyundai service ... follow up

A follow up to my previous email which is quoted below this one:

Today i met the manager at Jaybharat showroom just to tell him the sequence of events first hand as courtesy.

The car was delivered to me at 9pm at night. The driver was delayed by an hour however, his explanation for the delay seemed fine and i don't have any issues with that. However, it's surprizing that it took a full day, uptill 7pm to fit one small plastic strip on a bumper. I have taken delivery of the car but i could not see the finish of the final work due to the darkness and will inspect the car in the morning.

The car had a Jaybharat sticker pasted on it when i took delivery. I had clearly mentioned to Nethra (sales) when i bought the car that i do not want any stickers on the car unless i am paid for advertising them. Please send someone down to my residence to remove the sticker and polish that area. Any scratches caused during removal, will have to be repainted at Jaybharat's cost.

The car seemed slightly sluggish after test drive, but i am willing to overlook that fact if it results in increased FE. I will do a full tank tomorrow and report results after a week or so regarding the increase in average.

Another thing to note: I was quoted 8500 for the whole job initially. The bill to me now was 8700. An increased amount charged to replace the plastic strip. Ideally it should have been included in the initial cost. However, i am also willing to overlook this. Money has been paid in full to the driver.
I do want to register a strong protest against Jaybharat against this "cheapo" pricing behavior. I know of customers who claim Rs. 500 per day as taxi expenses for every day the car has been delayed. I have not asked for any compensation and do not want any. I just want an answer to why this kind of behavior happens at the service center.

Another point to clarify: When i spoke to abhijeet regarding the availability of drivers, it seems from my previous mail that abhijeet mentioned to me that they have no drivers at all for an automatic. I wish to clarify that he said they have only one driver today who can drive an auto and he is not available till evening. I do not wish to tarnish anyone's record other than what is necessary.

NOTE: Please remove my number from any system generated smses from jaybharat databank for service reminders. I do not want to go to them again.

Regards,

Tejas

Still waiting for feedback.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 15 May 2009 3:46:25 PM GMT+05:30
To: Tejas Kothari
Cc: Swapna Chavan <crwest@hmil.net>
Subject: Car No:MH01__________

Dear Sir,

With reference to your mail dated 13th & 14th May 2009, we confirm having noted the contents thereof and we also confirm that your car has been delivered to you on 13th May 2009.

We received your vehicle on 06th May 2009, and accordingly job card was open. Your vehicle was ready for the delivery on 12th May 2009, vide our telephonic talk explaining you our inability of assistance to you because of sudden and unexpected absenteeism of drivers on 12th May 2009. As a result, it was requested to you to collect the vehicle either personally or through your driver, from our workshop.

We have not disturbed Reverse Sensor fitted through outside agency by you in order to ensure that the same is not caused any damage.

Since the sensor was fitted by out side agency, we did not put Rear Bumper Protector but only upon your insistence the same was fitted.

In view of the above and circumstances beyond our control, the delivery was delayed and we regret for the same.

You are our valued and enlighten customer.

Thank you and wish you happy motoring,

Yours faithfully,
For JAYABHARAT AUTOMOBILES LTD,

Service Manager.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 16 May 2009 1:30:37 PM GMT+05:30
To: jal customercare <jalcustomercare@gmail.com>
Cc: Swapna Chavan <crwest@hmil.net>, sahebdesai@hmil.net, fluxian@hmil.net, Ahmad <ahmad@hmil.net>, jayabharat1@yahoo.co.in, cr <cr@hmil.net>
Subject: Re: Car No:MH01______

Dear service manager,

Thank you writing back.

Although you have acknowledged my mail, you still haven't replied to the queries that i had put forth. I am restating my queries:

1. Why wasn't i called for the delay in sending the car. My father had to wait without lunch at the office due to this "oversight" all because Ms Vaishali was fasting.

2. Why wasn't i called and informed regarding the bumper plastic strip issue. How can you just take it for granted that i will drive around with a scratched one? I had attached a pic showing how bad the whole assembly looked.

3. when are you sending someone to remove the Jaybharat sticker from the car?

To Hyundai customer relations:

4. Please provide me with alternate service provider for future services.

5. Why have you been quiet on the whole issue? What is Hyundai Motors India Limited's response? Am i to assume that this is how Indian customers are treated according to company policy?

In future communications, please put a name instead of manager. I would like to know whom i am interacting with.

Regards

Tejas
Old 20th May 2009, 09:41   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 19 May 2009 3:50:31 PM GMT+05:30
To: Tejas Kothari
Cc: Swapna Chavan <crwest@hmil.net>
Subject: Car No:MH01__________

Dear Sir,

We are in receipt of your mail dated 16th May 2009 and noted the contents thereof.

Kindly once again refer to our mail and we have explained the position as per the fact.

You can remove the sticker in case you are in hurry otherwise next visit of your car to our workshop, we shall do the needful.

We once again value you as our customer and wish you happy motoring.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
For JAYABHARAT AUTOMOBILES LTD

Authorised Signatories
Old 20th May 2009, 09:42   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 19 May 2009 3:54:06 PM GMT+05:30
To: Swapna Chavan <crwest@hmil.net>
Subject: Fwd: Car No:MH01__________

Dear Swapna,

I assume you have received the reply mail from Jayabharat Hyundai and read it. I also assume that you represent Hyundai and not Jayabharat.

Should i go to the press with this attitude? "You can remove the sticker in case you are in hurry...."

Please have someone call me.

Regards,

Tejas
Old 20th May 2009, 09:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Now it's hyundai dealer's turn to show too much attitude. Eagerly watching this thread!
Old 20th May 2009, 10:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

So then Swapna calls me after my last email and promises to transfer all future car services to the company owned service center. When asked why is the senior management quiet on the issue, she has no answer. She said "We were waiting for Jayabharat to address your issue but after the last email, i will take over."
FYI: Apparently Swapna is in charge of all customer complaints in western region. Ahmad is in charge of all dealers of western region.

I subsequently visited the Hyundai Company Owned showroom and was assured that they will handle my car from now on.

I guess nothing will happen to jayabharat, but i just want to inform all about this issue and do not deal with them again. You can post your hyundai experiences here.

Soon Swapna emailed this to me: Note the words: Chain of mails sent by me....

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 18 May 2009 4:48:39 AM GMT+05:30
To: "Tejas Kothari"
Subject: Re: Car No:MH01______
Reply-To: "Swapna Chavan" <crwest@hmil.net>

Dear Sir,

Greetings,

This has with reference to chain of mails sent by you & as discussed with you related to problems in your car.

Very first we regret an inconvenience caused to you.

As you have requested, we can send the car to our company workshop i.e. Hyundai Motor Plaza, (cotton green).

Mr.Virendra is the Senior Engineer out there at the workshop. His mobile no. is 9833097523 & landline no. is 66161900.

You can send your car as per your convenience to HMP; it's very much opposite to cotton green railway station. Kindly give a call to the concerns at the workshop before sending the car.

In case of any further help or assistance, I can be contacted on the same e-mail Id or on the below mention contact numbers.

Thanking & assuring best of our services at all times.

Best Regards

Swapna Chavan
Hyundai Motor India Ltd
CCS-FS-West RO

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 20th May 2009 at 10:08.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

At least they have the sense and commitment to respond and try and rectify the issue.
By the way, 'Doing a Skoda' is a new phrase that we can use ?
Old 20th May 2009, 10:33   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

@Tejas, Loved the title of the thread ..
Quote:
Tejas@perioimpl : ... they have no drivers right now who can drive an automatic car.
This one takes the cake & the bakery too !

Suggestion:
When sending such mails to the company, IMO it is better to list the sequence of events as numbered points. This can help make things much more clearer than being descriptive like is in the thread right now.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:11   #11
BANNED

Just want to convey my neutral opinion. In most of such cases, timely apology solves the issue. I mean, nobody is full proof and bound to commit mistakes. Everybody understands that. So what is problem in accepting them?

Anyways, Thanks for sharing.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:15   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Just want to convey my neutral opinion. In most of such cases, timely apology solves the issue. I mean, nobody is full proof and bound to commit mistakes. Everybody understands that. So what is problem in accepting them?

Where did you see the apology about the shoddy work done from Jayabharat in the emails? Am i going blind?

After threatening about going to the press did someone call me.

I will get results of my FE today once i fill fuel.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

I like the thread title. Skoda is getting a new meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post

Old 20th May 2009, 11:24   #14
Team-BHP Support

jayabharat is useless. thanks to the poor service given, my family is not going to buy a hyundai again.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:34   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
jayabharat is useless. thanks to the poor service given, my family is not going to buy a hyundai again.
Why don't you post your experience with them as well?

Infact another member anilkalvani also emailed me his bad experience with Jayabharat and SS-traveller also had issues with HMIL.

Below is a pic of their shoddy work:
Attached Thumbnails
Incompetent Jay Bharat Hyundai dealership-photo.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks