Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 13:41   #16
BHPian

actually the comapny has agreed to replace 3 cars. all 3 of us were collectively taking the issue forward to skoda officials as it would have created a greater pressure on them. so.

intially i was everytime assured that my car will be rectified and i am the only one facing the problem.
i was on verge of filing a suit and had all my papers ready but then i came across a gentelmen whose fabia had been replaced six months back that also not because of stalling issue but because of braking issue. i got the cue from him and contacted several harrased fabia owners and took the issue forward .I was myself surprised on their decision as i expected them to drag the issue long but after one visit to their corporate office in gurgaon the decision came in 3 days.
i am still to return the car and will be following them on the procedure.

meanwhile i realize that i had a loan on the car. do i need to foreclose the loan or can it to be transfered to my new car. i took the loan from hdfc.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2009 at 15:53. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:54   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
actually the comapny has agreed to replace 3 cars. all 3 of us were collectively taking the issue forward to skoda officials as it would have created a greater pressure on them. so.
Congratulations! You are one of the lucky few who has been treated like this. I hope Skoda expands on their generosity and takes the effort to satisfy all of their disgruntled customers.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:45   #18
BHPian

It is a good news, even if numbered. From what I learn after a conversation with an ex employee of Skoda, there is no other way for them but to improve their A.S.S

At the time when they entered India, nobody was interested in taking up their dealership. The early dealers didn't even pay the deposit amount. Nummer eins was one of them. A soft hand then led to the mess what we see today.

With the new and good launches, it is almost certain that they are taking the Indian market more seriously now. It will not be able to clear the mess in a jiffy but will be ineresting to see the progress.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great news Mayank, but like you said, its sad that you have to chose another Skoda. And you still don't get compensated for all the hardships that you underwent on account of a defective car. Looks like Skoda has got a damn good deal here.

Gosh, if they had tried these stunts in the US, they would be filing bankruptcy on account of all the legal cases alone.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:40   #20
BHPian

I'd say take the new Skoda (whichever you decide) (with the 7L discount), sell it after 6months, buy a better car!
Old 3rd July 2009, 08:43   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - as Mayank's first post date is May 2009 which is absolute dry heat of summer in Delhi, I think this is a fuel percolation issue. Let Skoda sort it out. Usually big manufacturers with bigger executives generally do not listen to anybody.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:37   #22
BHPian

I had test driven Fabia 1.4 Elegance immediately after it was introduced. I was quite keen to buy it that time. I visited their dealer Sai Automobiles at Patparganj Delhi. I faced the most ignorant and dis-interested staff. Despite being the only customer at the showroom, I had to wait for more than 15 minutes before a salesman was told to show me the car. He did not even know what is a tinted glass. Exasperated I asked for the car manual to see the technical details myself.

That created a stir. The dealer Manager came and asked 'I have been selling these cars since long and have not read any manual so why do you need it'. But when I insisted, I was given a manual. The recommended fuel in manual was 95 RON. When I pointed this to the Manager, he told me that this a European manual and not applicable for India. I had even to explain him what is RON.

Thank God I did not buy that car. But the problem was that Skoda did not bother to retune the engine for low octane Indian fuel and sold it as it is. Thats why the engine was practically powerless. I had given this feedback to a Skoda official also but no corrective action was taken.

Yes the engine should work with 97 Octane, but who will pay for it and it is not available freely
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:06   #23
BHPian

hey guys,
just wanted to inform i wiil be taking delivery of a new white skoda fabia diesel eleance on sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - as Mayank's first post date is May 2009 which is absolute dry heat of summer in Delhi, I think this is a fuel percolation issue. Let Skoda sort it out. Usually big manufacturers with bigger executives generally do not listen to anybody.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
no, the problem is persistent since oct.-nov last year.though only then it would occur rarely but since then it has increased its frequency and now ocuurs everyday after driving 40-50 kms.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd July 2009 at 23:43. Reason: Please dont post the same Q in more than one thread (regarding the manufacturing date).
Old 12th July 2009, 01:33   #24
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mayank.

Seems like the Skoda Management is following team-bhp regularly. Looks like people from Toyota have joined the top management in Skoda. Enjoy your new ride.

Please do post the difference in experience between a petrol & a diesel Fabia
Old 16th September 2009, 13:41   #25
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats Mayank.
Looks like people from Toyota have joined the top management in Skoda.
Hahaha! Brilliant.

Most Viewed