Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 19:59   #1
BHPian

Fabia stalling issue: Dealer unable to diagnose. EDIT: Skoda agrees to replace car

hey all bhpians.This is my first post and a very sad one.
I bought a Fabia 1.4mpi elegance from giriraj motors (Gurgaon) on 30 april 2008.

since then the car has been stalling for unknown reason.The dealer workshop people do not have any clue about thecause of problem and has not been able to solve it.

Even the mechanics from aurangabad were not able to diagonise the problem. intially they blamed it on adulterated fuel and changed the filter and cleaned the tank.but the problem got back after 50 km so the fuel problem is out of question.every time the dealership people are making excuses and find a problem in something or other.

Today they told me they would have to change the fuel pump which is out of stock and would take another 7-8 days for the same to arrive.
i am very disturbed after reading thread of gaurav mathur and feel cheated by the skoda people.

i even met mr. sayed yasir the customer relation executive of northern india who assured my problem would be look after. But there has been no reply from him till date.

yesterday i found another customer at the workshop who has been facing same problem in his fabia and was convinced the problem is a manufacturing defect in all fabia to end petrol.when i asked the manager about the manufacturing defect stating that another customer has the same problem he made a wild excuse that the vas scan shows the problem of his car and there is a problem regarding injectors and the car is misfiring.

i dont understand what is so premium in the so called premium hatchback and the premium company. they cant even diagnoise a fault which is evident in all their cars of the same varient.

i would certainly appreciate some help and guidance from fellow bhpians regarding what should be my next step.
Old 21st May 2009, 20:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your predicament. This more or less confirms that Skoda is not making any efforts to improve.
BTW I did not follow this sentence--"yesterday i found another customer at the workshop who has been facing same problem in his fabia and was convinced the problem is a manufacturing defect in all fabia to end petrol"
What do you mean by 'end petrol'?
Old 21st May 2009, 20:24   #3
BHPian

Lo another one bites the dust

The best thing you can do is to join the tort litigation the other team-bhpians are planning to file on skoda.Follow the other threads started by harish,GTO and others closely.
The only thing that will do any effect here is the unity of all the disgruntled skoda customers.
Join them and let us all show this unconcerned manufacturer that this is not a third class under developed economy and certainly not a dumping ground for its defective products.
Old 21st May 2009, 20:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
BTW I did not follow this sentence--"yesterday i found another customer at the workshop who has been facing same problem in his fabia and was convinced the problem is a manufacturing defect in all fabia to end petrol"
I think he meant "top end petrol"
By the way, there is another thread on the same problem from another member.
Old 21st May 2009, 20:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry to hear about your predicament. This more or less confirms that Skoda is not making any efforts to improve.
yes i missed "p"there. read the gaurav's thread that somewhat's confirm that the defect is present in all 1.4mpi.
Old 21st May 2009, 21:07   #6
Team-BHP Support

same issue reported here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ice-skoda.html
Old 21st May 2009, 21:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

there is only 1 solution: get the fuel tank cleaned and use speed 97 petrol. that engine is trouble free in that.

only problem: Rs. 70 per litre cost.
Old 21st May 2009, 21:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
there is only 1 solution: get the fuel tank cleaned and use speed 97 petrol. that engine is trouble free in that.

i even mentioned the possibility of low octane in car but the skoda people simplymade it clear that the problem is not because of fuel octane level!
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:21   #9
BHPian

Go thru this, exactly same problem

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ia-woes-4.html
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:05   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
i dont understand what is so premium in the so called premium hatchback and the premium company.
I can't understand it either. Thankfully, the market has decided its fate and the Fabia has flopped.

I'm going to advise you exactly the same that I told Gaurav : Sell the dud, book your loses and move on. No point in trying to flog a dead horse. You are better off choosing another manufacturer that actually cares for its customers.
Old 25th May 2009, 22:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

SPEED 97 for 70 Rs/litre?!
It costs a mere 44.55 Rs./litre here. I clearly remember as I just tanked up a couple of days ago. And yes, normal 'speed' is not available here at many stations. Only normal unleaded stuff and speed 97. Now I have a feeling that the stations are selling 'speed' under 'speed 97' moniker.

And yes, really sad to see another skoda owner troubled by the poor after sales and manufacturing defects in skoda cars. I really loved Fabia, such an excellent car it seemded during a test drive few months ago but now its definately out of my wish list.
Old 14th June 2009, 11:18   #12
BHPian

good news friends. after lot of pressure skoda has decided to replace my fabia 1.4 and would discount the ex showroom price of fabia on my next skoda purchase. that means i would get a discount of around 7 lacs.i still insisted on refund of amount but they didnt agree to it.
the good part is i will get a new vehicle but the bad part is it has to be a skoda again.
i will be posting a thread in what car? section . please suggest on what should be my next car purchase.
Old 14th June 2009, 11:46   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Mayank,

That's some good news and it will help a lot of BHPians if you share on ow you managed to put pressure on Skoda & got them to agree for a replacement.

Make sure you to take a wise decision now and do ensure that you follow the PDI checklist from team-bhp to the T.

Best of luck and you are one lucky person.

EDIT: Just saw that you opened a new thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-replace.html

Let's carry the discussion in that thread.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th June 2009 at 11:51.
Old 14th June 2009, 12:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

what is the world coming to. skoda releases a VFM car, honda releases an overpriced car.
Honda dealer installs fake parts in a civic, and tries to cheat the customer, and skoda agrees to replace a car.

Is the world coming to an end ??
Old 14th June 2009, 12:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Skoda was always a low budget brand , at least internationally and now with VW in India I guess even here too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks