Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:15   #1
BHPian

My experience with DSC Motor for Hyundai i10 AUTO

On Monday I had sent a mail to DSC Motor that I want to have second service done for my i10 and to send someone to pick up my car.
Tuesday at 11:30AM I got a call and the lady informed that she will send someone on Wednesday 10AM to have the car picked and the service will cost 8xx. For oil and oil filter change, which I said ok as my i10 is driven 68xxKm.
To my surprise no one called nor came to my house to pick the car, I called them at 1:00PM and the lady informed they will pick the car on Thursday. I had no other option so said OK.
Thursday morning at 9:45 I got a call that they are coming to pick the car in 30Min. which they came on time. I gave him a slip with all the problems I was having with the car.
1. Brakes become week if I am driving in R, and after turning to D its still week for some time, it comes to normal after some time. I had reported this problem in the first service too but nothing was done about it.
2. Some sound from front left side of the car when I go over speed breaker or a pot hole.
3. One dent at the right back door.
4. Engine tuning.
5. Millage has reduced to 7-7.5
6. Seat covers cleaning.
7. Oil change and oil filter change.

After the person went to his service center his manager called and informed that he will take car about problems 1,2,4,5,7.
Regarding 3 I would be charged Rs.4800 (I was like it’s a small dent) he said that’s our charges.
I asked him to leave it.
Regarding 6 I would be charged Rs.800 I was like leave that too as it’s not that dirty and it’s not worth it.
And he also informed that he will deliver the car by EOD.

In the evening I got the call that the car will be delivered in morning to which I asked them to deliver before 11AM as I have office. He said yes it will be delivered before that.

Today morning at 10 I got the car and when I was checking the car it was not washed properly outside, when I asked why it was not washed, the driver said it was washed last night that is the reason it’s not clean now. Then I went inside the car and it was aslo not cleaned properly. I showed him Sand in all the corners and dust all over the place. He connected me to his manager and I explained him everything and he said to send the car after few days and he will clean it and send it back, I got anger and told him that again you will charge me for pickup and drop and he was silent for few seconds and then said no sir we will not.
And while I was talking to him I opened back door to check if they cleaned the back also or not and to my surprise I found all Oil marks on my seat covers, someone sat in the car with cloths which had oil in them and all hands covered in Oil and shoes also.
My seat covers have been all messed up with oil hands and shoe marks. And at that moment I lost it and started yelling at the manager what you guys have done the oil marks are still wet, not like they were from before and gave him a piece of my mind and asked them to take back the car and clean it properly and have my seat covers cleaned properly and give it back to me. He asked me to give the phone to his driver and looked like both of them were fighting in Tamil as I don’t know Tamil I could not understand.

So now the car is back with Hyundai and I hope they clean the car and the seat covers properly and return the car to me. If they don’t clean it, I would ask will ask them to replace them, those are Hyundai seat covers given to me at the time of delivery.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its always a good idea to not utilize the pickup and drop off service offered by the dealer, unless you are really constrained for time.
Imagine the headache if they dent the car in the process, you will never find out the whole truth. Besides, pickup and dropoff is at owners risk, I think.

I ahve always made sure to take time out to visit the TASS myself and see real faces, that I can talk to and get things addressed on the spot.

I feel that the pace of sales with todays car dealerships(exclude Skoda- they set the standards for 'worst') is way to fast and the pace of keeping up with sufficient service infrastructure and service crew is way too slow. Add to that the fact that some dealers have a very negligent and careless attitude towards service.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 22nd May 2009 at 12:44.
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:01   #3
BHPian

zulfikar - just get your car serviced at KUN Hyundai.

They do a pretty good job and are quite knowledgeable chaps.
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
zulfikar - just get your car serviced at KUN Hyundai.

They do a pretty good job and are quite knowledgeable chaps.
Kun Hyundai???? May be not sir. go through my experience at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...i-vs-tata.html
Old 24th May 2009, 16:11   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys...

Yesterday i got my i10 Back...

The manager had the car cleaned from inside for free which he wanted to change me Rs800.
the car was cleaned nice.
BUT he seat covers were not cleaned to my expetations...
i left it because i needed the car.
no use talking to them as they will not doo anything.

Hyderabad Hyundai was soooo much better then chennai Hyundai...

i am not sure if they had changed the Oil or just told me if they did it or not.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar View Post
i am not sure if they had changed the Oil or just told me if they did it or not.
A HyundaiASS worth its salt will not do such an act. Too dangerous and risky for them.

PS - I commented this post and then realised that it is quite old thread I was reading

Last edited by DieselFan : 9th November 2009 at 17:32.
Old 10th November 2009, 13:14   #7
BHPian

DSC Hyundai is notorious for their unethical trade practices. I have my personal experience with DSC Hyundai Chennai-though not on Service but on Sale. That was in Jun 2000, when I booked a Santro with DSC after remitting the full payment in advance. The car did arrive after a month-but the DSC fellows simply delivered it to a new customer for a few thousand bucks more. I promptly cancelled my business with them, collected the money back and went to Hyundai Motor Plaza-the company retail show room.

Another friend of mine was cheated for the Lifetax amount by DSC around the same period.

Kun-Hyundai is no different in Service either, based on our personal experience.

The product (Santro) had its problems too. Today I consciously stay away from Hyundai Products and it's dealers.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have been taking my Getz CRDi to KUN Hyundai (Kottivakkam), and it has been up to my satisfaction. Anyone who wants to check them out, head there and ask for Nirmal - refer me (Jayanth, black Getz CRDi). PM me if you need his number.

I am so sure about recommending him because I have atleast one more BHPian (pras_oct25) who have had a good experience after I suggested him to take the car to Nirmal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks