Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 14:03   #16
BHPian

I have heard the naraina one is quite good.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:22   #17
BHPian

I had a bad experience with Competent motors which I want to share with Delhi-ites.

I gave my Swift Zxi for servicing which was picked up by a driver.

I got a call from the service person at 11.30am reconfirming what I'd asked for.

He also recommended i clean my injectors and do carbon cleaning.

As he was persuasive and as my car had done 50,000 km, against my better judgment I agreed.

The estimate was Rs 5500.

The car was delivered back to me at 7 pm. As I didn't have change I told the driver I would come to the service station on my way to office and settle the bill.

I was also a bit peeved that the bill showed my plugs had been changed and the NGK's that were in had been replaced with Maruti plugs. Worse, the old plugs were not kept in the car.

Shockingly after doing all this they had NOT changed the aire filter as it was out of stock!

The car felt the same and certainly DID NOT feel like the carbon cleaning had been done or the injectors cleaned. There was NO "sharpness" to the engine and no zip to the engine.

The next morning I went to Competent and met the in- competent engineers there.

They swore up and down the work had been done and presented me with 4 used MICO plugs to replace my 10,000 km run NGK's!

As it was their word against mine, I paid and left.

Sadly, my car is running worse than before. There is NO life in it (-:

I wish to warn people about Competent and dealers like them, billing for expensive jobs and not doing it. Many dealers no not change the engine oil or filters. Vigilance is the key.

Can anyone recommend a reliable service station in South Delhi?

I need NGK or OWS plugs, a performance air filter and a good tune up of my car.

I would appreciate the references.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed