Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:54   #1
BHPian

Help! Orix Mumbai has me at the end of my tether

I have a 2006 Swift-Zxi that has done 24K kms. It went to ORIX, Mumbai in for a regular servicing in late May while I was out of town. On return, I found these problems:
  • Loud sound from wheels on all types of surfaces when past 30kmph [I felt like I was flying a Cessna - just from the sound]
  • Steering wheel pulling to the left [alignment was fine before the servicing]
  • Brakes sqealing loudly
  • Performance of car - a little sluggish.
  • Moon-roof leaking
So, I sent it back with exactly these complaints. They kept the car for five days. It was returned yesterday. I drove it to find it just doesn't feel like my car. This makes me want to cry! They fixed a few problems but also seem to have added a few.
  • The loud sound from the wheels has gone - which is good!
  • The brakes have stopped squealing
BUT:
  • They have duct taped my moon-roof to 'fix' the leak
  • Performance of car - extremely sluggish. Needing to floor the pedal to reach 80kmph,
  • Power-steering - seems to have lost most of its power !
  • Alignment is now madly off - so instead of using my strength - I can let the wheel go whenever I want to take a left and the car does it automatically for me
How do I get them to provide me a decent service? It is an uphill task to get them to listen to me in the first place. The usual gender biases creep in you see! And, ofcourse, I don't know any of the technicalities - just what I feel and hear while driving. I can't get them to do a decent job for the love of money - even the threat of pulling our corporate servicing/leasing deal from Orix hasn't worked. Help!
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Move out from there pronto. They have fiddled with your car. I just hope parts have not been changed.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:40   #3
BHPian

Do contact Maruti customer care on their number given on their website and also send a mail to contact@maruti.co.in with a link to this thread.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 2nd July 2009 at 10:47.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:38   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ouch, that sounds like a nasty service job. If you want to save your time (and state of the mind), simply take your car in to the great guys at Vitesse. Undoubtedly the best Maruti after-sales organisation in India. One trip will do the trick, msbehave.
Old 4th July 2009, 21:57   #5
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys! I have taken your excellent advice and also shifted to Vitesse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks