Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

This is actually a blatant attempt at fraud; why not make a complaint to the police?

Otherwise, what have these companies got to loose: at worst, they just give a refund and move on. That's like the burglar saying, "Look, I'll just put your stuff back, OK?". The burglar moves on to another house; the salesman moves on to another customer.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:19   #17
BHPian

ALL'S WELL THAT END'S WELL, you were lucky that you did not have to file a case against these guys. Otherwise your money would have been stuck for a long long time to come. Taking into account the slow judicial process (Remember Skoda). Do name the dealer as that would beneficial for other TBHPian's

Congratulations on your booking for the Ritz, its a much more practical car in comparison to the Swift.
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:20   #18
BANNED

Why did a car which has a 3 week waiting period stay in the dealer's stockyard for 1 year?
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:21   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is actually a blatant attempt at fraud;
That is exactly how I look at this too.
Renjith, please name the dealer. From what I see, they will definitely try to play this again on another unsuspecting customer using the same car since they need to get rid of it.
Old 3rd July 2009, 23:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs Up to Team-BHP. One more thing which may benefit other buyers, Whenever buying a new Car or even getting it serviced, Make sure to mention Team-BHP somewhere. I am recently take a note of the fact that dealerships take extra care when handling members of this online community. This really reflects the strength of Team-BHP.

Honda is now very very concerned after all my Civic service disaster. The car is now handled only by a particular Service advisor appointed specially for "Important Customers".

Glad you were saved and did not end up buying a year old car paying full money for it.
Old 4th July 2009, 00:50   #21
BHPian

glad to know that maruti has retained itsrenjith confidence as he has booked a Ritz -- I wasn't aware that maruti dealers too were in the habit to selling lemons
Old 4th July 2009, 00:57   #22
BHPian

Renjith,
You are damn lucky guys and that friend of yours....kudos!!!!
Real Smart work on the so called over smart dealer. I bet there are a lot many people who fall in the trap. Happy driving on your RITZ
Old 4th July 2009, 01:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I think there are a lot of rogue salespeople about; they will say anything to get that signature. Sometimes their managers may be part of it, sometimes they are just acting on their own.

Whatever, the company remains responsible for their behaviour and should carry the consequences.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Why did a car which has a 3 week waiting period stay in the dealer's stockyard for 1 year?
Only one thing comes to mind - Demo car.

IMO - Manufacturers need to take a more responsible approach towards demo cars that are provided to their dealers. Maybe have a different (and publicly know) series of VIN numbers.

Demo cars must be identifiable so that the dealer doesn't mislead people into paying full price for them.
Old 4th July 2009, 02:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

A very rough experience to say the least.

1) The fact that the dealership agreed for 100% refund is the reason enough to believe that they were trying to sell you a lemon or trying to cheat you. This was either a demo car or a lemon or some car that had been through accident.

2) On the positive side, they accepted their mistake. This is rarely seen in any automotive dealerships. Maruti might have intervened as you called their helpline number getting in touch with dealer insisting him to sort of the issue. Maruti could have played a role in making the dealer accept his mistake. This is just a thought.

A few other points :

3) While taking deliver, make sure one reaches there in daylight, may be afternoon. There will be reduced rush at this time plus daylight. While booking a car, just go before the dealer is to be closed for that day. Taking along friends matter a lot, giving you a physiological advantage too. Recording some conversation if things seem fishy is a nice thing to do. I wonder how were you not caught.

4) If one has to spend a day or two, spend it, but dont go for dealer registration. Usually they are not the one to get the things straight. Trust no body at the dealership and hold your ground. Before heading into any dealer, have a brief talk with owners who are current customers of that dealer. May be you can wait outside service center and have a talk. This is my preferred medium. If there is any issue ( problem not being resolved, problems cropping, etc. ) chances are that the customer will reveal it to you at that point of time. Used this successfully for Indica Vista.

Although the above are just seem insignificant, these points can prove to be very useful in preventing you from buying defective product or you being cheated.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2009, 18:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Thumbs Up to Team-BHP. One more thing which may benefit other buyers, Whenever buying a new Car or even getting it serviced, Make sure to mention Team-BHP somewhere. I am recently take a note of the fact that dealerships take extra care when handling members of this online community. This really reflects the strength of Team-BHP. Honda is now very very concerned after all my Civic service disaster. The car is now handled only by a particular Service advisor appointed specially for "Important Customers". Glad you were saved and did not end up buying a year old car paying full money for it.

Fully Agree with you, the moment I told my Maruti dealer that I want my team-bhp PDI checklist to be satisfied before I buy the car, the whole manner in which they treated me changed. I showed them a copy of the checklist as well.

&

I also saw a Maruti Comparison Sheet: between the SX4 and the ANHC. The sheet is titled as Customer Speak and it states the views of various people, one of them being a tbhpian and the source stated is: Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home

Last edited by maglev : 4th July 2009 at 18:34.
Old 4th July 2009, 22:12   #27

Hi All,
This is my first post on the forum.
Even i would like to share and alert fellow TeamBhpians from bangalore.
Couple of weeks ago i had been to the Maruti dealership "Pratham Motors" near Intel campus on Outer Ring Road.

Few of us had gone there as one of our friend was planning to book at A-Star Zxi at this dealership. He was almost ready to pay advance but he was undecided on colour. So one of saleswoman took us to top floor(terrace) of the building where we saw several damaged cars. We thought it would be something to do with repair.

Finally this lady took us to basement of the building where we saw about 8-10 A-Stars of different colors. Most of them were brand new Vxi models meant for sale.

To my surprise, All of them had atleast 6-8 dents. All the dents looked as if car was hit with small hard rubber balls. I felt something is wrong. Two cars were inside painting bay and these dents were being filled and polished and were getting ready for paint coat.

Most of the dents were on bonnet and on the top of the car. I felt it could be due to some hailstorm at some stockyard. (Atleast in bangalore, they was no hailstom this year) And dealer is fixing those and selling without letting anyone know about his activities.

When we inquired about this at thier office, they said "It always happens during transportation" !!!!

If it was 1 or 2 cars, i would say May be. But 7-8 cars?
I am not ready to take this answer as i myself have seen vehicles geeting downloaded at advaith-hyundai with those white covers on paint areas like bonnet, top etc. During transportation these cars will be protected properly.

I could not take any pics as we got surrounded by workers as they were suspicious.I even heard a fellow saying, "why did this lady brought these guys in here?"

If anyone want to witness this, please have a visit to basement of pratham motors.:-)

Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th July 2009 at 01:44. Reason: 2 smileys per post max. Please read the Team-BHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 5th July 2009, 14:06   #28
i10
BHPian

Shocking to see Maruti dealers involved in such practices. I bought my car just a few weeks before I learnt about this site, and so I had no way of going through the check list before purchase. Thankfully though, when with a half worried mind I checked the car against the list, after the purchase, I didn't have to face any shocks. However, ever since, I have recommended prospective buyers to keep the checklist handy.
Old 5th July 2009, 15:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking and does make me wonder how many customers buy their cars totally unnoticed and unaware about such malpractices. I always recommend my friends (who are not on Team-BHP) to use our Pre-Delivery List if they are buying a car! It is always better to play safe not and not repent later.
Old 6th July 2009, 01:46   #30
Team-BHP Support

Thats an interesting first post talk2me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2me View Post
....I felt it could be due to some hailstorm at some stockyard. (Atleast in bangalore, they was no hailstom this year) ...
One thing you will learn very quickly is that Team-BHP seems to have all the info you'll ever need about cars, and more...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...bangalore.html

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks