Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 11:51   #1
srinivas9446

My Service experience at Dakshin Honda

Well guys,just wanted to share this FIRST FREE SERVICE EXPERIENCE of New City I-VTEC with all of you.

The first free service experience with the HONDA guys at Dakshin Honda was -horrifying. when I left the car for service, these guys instead of asking for any issues as such, started checking the car for body scratches & dents, I had to tell them they would not find any, since I keep my car very well tendered.

Same noon, I got a call at about 1530 hrs informing the car is ready to be taken delivery. i reached the place at about 1730 hrs. I was made to wait for solid 2 hours to get my car.i was forced to talk to the manager couple of time to get my car out, reason for the delay is, I came late at 1730 when I was supposed to come when they informed us, they did not want to appreciate the fact that I had my office work to finish.

Finally, I got the car . I had to rush home to catch up with domestic work, i was about to just take delivery of the car & leave, but it just struck to me I should thorough check the car.

To my surprise, the car had suffered scratches on the bonnet, right quarter panel, and a solid damage to the rear bumper. I simply asked them to simply replace the bumper & get all the scratches to be worked on.

The service advisor was not of much help, so the general manager was asked to pitch in & solve the issue.

The general manager promised that he will get the damage repaired though not new bumper. I said I would not take delivery of the car & just was leaving, when I was asked to hold and we had a meeting on how best the things would be solved. finally I had to give in; in the interest of my car and agreed to get the bumper to be repaired with a compensation.

Since no time was not there.i agreed to go back for the repair some other day. they gave me in writing that the scratches and the bumper will be repaired any time I leave the car for the repair.

Other thing which I observed was that the service guys are really bad the way they handle the customers’s cars. There is driveway in Dakshin Honda , where the cars are parked. After parking the car, the service guys open the door without bothering for the car door’s safety. The door hits the wall with good amount of force to damage the door’s paint.i even showed these damages to the general manager with couple of CIVICS.

Since the drive way gets congested during delivery time and the car are driven into the service bay with good speed, One car hit my left knee hurting me. This service guy did not even have the courtesy to stop & check my condition. He again drove the car fast to get into the service bay.

So, guys I suggest , please check your cars whenever it delivered to you after the service..I think we should repeat the PDI after each service, this is what I have learnt. Expect something fishy when there is a delay to deliver the car in daylight and your car is delivered when its dark.

Bye guys, happy driving with damage free bumpers and scratches.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th July 2009 at 12:08. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please restrict smilie usage to 2 and post in relevant sub forums. Thanks

Old 6th March 2010, 18:30   #2

I bought my ZX GXi from Dakshin Honda in 2008 and had been giving my car there (Hosur Road) for servicing. I have no complaint about their service. I had an irritation that they were unwilling to drop me at my Electronic City office and wanted to drop me at an auto-ricksha stand. After I made my displeasure clear, they started giving me drops. Recently (30,000 km), when I found my clutch hard, I asked the service person to check. He proclaimed that my clutch will last only 5,000 kms and the cost of replacement is Rs. 19,000. I was appalled by the low life and the cost. Thanks to the advice from fellow Team-BHPians, I consulted Whitefield Honda. The engineer tested the clutch and found it fit. He also said that replacement would cost only Rs. 9,500. I am now unhappy with Dakshin for the immature behaviour and the attempt to fleece the customer. I have stopped going to Dakshin.
Old 7th March 2010, 18:27   #3
BHPian

Srinivas, please report this incident to Honda (just a few clicks on their website), I believe this is the best way to teach the dealers a lesson or two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks