Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
That BMW is for sale on ebay if I am correct
Spot on sir. Cannot miss the mod's eye.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi , can some one post some directions to the place. I am might pop in today. Petrol smell in my cabin...Also, if they work on AC, might get that checked

Thanks
They are behind the Govt. ETDC building (Right at the SRP Junction blue colour building opposite to SRP tools) and off 100ft Taramani Velachery road on the first left when you proceed from SRP to Velachery (and opp to Govt. Industrial Training Unit once you have made your left turn from the main road). As far as I know they do carry out Aircon work thro' a tie-up arrangement with an A/C technician.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:08   #18
BHPian

i think i might know that road, is that were couple of other garages have put up their sign boards as well ?

i will also talk to them about my long pending headers job.

i remeber visting the dyanora factory as kid.
Old 8th August 2009, 19:34   #19
BHPian

Hi, I finally got to visit Torque. It was good to see a few familiar faces ( I have been to electra a couple of times, but did not get any work done) . They recogonised my car and said, they had seen a it a few times on the OMR.

My complaint was petrol smell in the cabin. I was happy by the way , they started looking into it straight away and narrowed the cause to a 'canister' down the fuel line ( just over the front right wheel ). It had bulged and broken at a few places. I have to go back there on wednesday, with a part that I intend to source from GP ROAD. After the diagnosis, they changed something in the hoses, so as to minimise or eliminate the smell until then. When I offered to pay, they said ' its ok sir, we have not done anything, we will fix it , when you get the part and see then sir' . I was happy as I could stand around and see what was happening to my car. My observations as follows.
  • I was not happy with the approach to the workshop, a highly uneven surface. If your car is low then beware !
  • It is my opinion that , they are probably good for regular maintenance and trouble shooting and not for performance mod's and upgrades (I could be wrong).
  • Will I go back there if my car develops a fault? most certainly YES. As long as there is no let down in the service standards .
  • I am low on budget, hence a 2nd hand car, further constraints made me go for Corsa, so they should not slag a customer's car off. I was advised against the corsa and was asked to sell it off. It is their opinion, but no reason to slag my car off or write it off for me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hi guys,
Yesterday was a day full of smile in my face.Murugan of Torque arranged a Mugen Free Flow end can for My Siena 1.2.I have known Murugan since he was in Electra.Anyways i will attach pics of my Mugen FFE.

Vignesh
Siena 1.2 ELX/rocking with K&N & Mugen FFE
murugan did mention you, and I told him I read your feedback as well before coming to his workshop. Tell him, I am the guy who came in with the corsa. He also told me that he has arranged the end can for you.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th April 2016 at 18:11. Reason: Old, but nonetheless merging consecutive posts...
Old 8th August 2009, 20:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

a hi to Murugan from my side - BTW, who owns the workshop!
Old 8th August 2009, 20:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
a hi to Murugan from my side - BTW, who owns the workshop!
4 of the ex-electra guys.
They'll probably split over time.
Old 8th August 2009, 20:26   #22
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Great News

Hi guys,

This is simply great news for all Chennaites, especially those who live on the Southern side.

I am put up in Velachery and this garage would be hardly 3 kms away.

First it was IgNite on the ECR and now Torque on OMR (off-OMR). I am extremely happy with IgNite and would like to go to Torque just to get a feel of it.

It would be helpful if someone could key in the service experience at Torque. I just serviced all my cars and so I'm out of contention for the write-up.

Disclaimer: No intention to start off an IgNite vs Torque argument.
Old 9th August 2009, 07:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
4 of the ex-electra guys.
They'll probably split over time.
One is Murugan - the others..?
Old 23rd August 2010, 00:12   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan_Marg View Post
... for my Fiat Siena. They have ... fixed a long pending peculiar problem with the fuel pump ...
This may be a long shot.. but would it by any chance be related to a problem, I am having but I am not able to diagnose.

Thanks,
Aninda.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:02   #25
BHPian

Re: A New Professional Garage in Chennai -Torque Auto

Torque Auto Garage is functioning now in a more spacious and well built building at the following address:

4/488, Chandrasekhar Avenue, (Road Beside AXIS Bank, OMR)
Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR-IT Express Way), Thoraipakkam
Chennai 97 contact 9176692886.
Old 18th April 2013, 17:13   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan_Marg View Post
Torque Auto Garage is functioning now in a more spacious and well built building at the following address:

4/488, Chandrasekhar Avenue, (Road Beside AXIS Bank, OMR)
Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR-IT Express Way), Thoraipakkam
Chennai 97 contact 9176692886.
I have just bought an 8 year old Corolla AT that has some minor issues - like a whining noise at speeds above 40kmph & a creaking noise on braking. The whine is a real bother and gave me a solid headache on my recent Bangalore Chennai trip :(

Are there any more experiences of Torque Auto Garage or Ignite that members can share? I am looking at getting my Corolla issues things looked at by someone other than an ASC (Lanson - suggested wheel bearing needs replacing, that too after my prompting, and quoted an unacceptable 8K+ for it). References to other personally experienced service centres capable of ably servicing Corolla's most welcome.

Am planning a Chennai - Kotagiri family trip this month end and eager to get my otherwise fine Corolla ready for it.
Old 26th April 2013, 15:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
.... References to other personally experienced service centres capable of ably servicing Corolla's most welcome.
Check out http://www.hi-rev.in/
They are pretty good with Auto's and have quite a good crew.
Electra also has some good folks still with them.
madan80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 23:49   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Check out http://www.hi-rev.in/
They are pretty good with Auto's and have quite a good crew.
Electra also has some good folks still with them.
Thanks Madan. I got both my rear wheel bearings replaced at Ignite in the course of the week and was pretty satisfied with the overall experience with them. I was told my Corolla needs no further servicing(except for a pending rear brake replacement) for the next 15K km which would be atleast a year and half for my usage.

I will anyway keep Hi-Rev in my mind for any future need since their Arumbakkam office is closer to my Kodambakkam home.

And yes, the annoying noise has gone - and the Corolla delight is setting in!
Old 8th April 2014, 08:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

any recent reviews of torque ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks