Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:59   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry if this may sound blunt, but the fault is primarily yours. Personal belongings must be removed before dropping the car off for a service.
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry if this may sound blunt, but the fault is primarily yours. Personal belongings must be removed before dropping the car off for a service.
I agree. What we also do not appreciate enough are the levels of education and remuneration of people that work there. While what they do is wrong, why put temptation in their path? And how many of us can claim to have not done similar things, for example, with office stationery where we work? Or use of office phones to make personal calls? I know I have at times, and theft is theft. Maybe the office things are worse, given that we are a lot more educated.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hey bro.. I know that its my fault that I left it in the car.. but I forgot to remove it.

And its just that it can happen to anybody which is why I thought to alert my fellow bhpians.

Actually I am too used to the Maruti Service people (Vitesse). I dont remove a thing while giving my swift for service and till date nothing has gone missing from the car.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:26   #19
srinivas9446

Dear Honda dude,

I would like to tell you about an incident which happened in Bangalore. I have a friend who works as a service advisor in an authorised SUZUKI showroom here. I learnt from him that one of the buyer had lodged a formal police complaint reporting loss of key chain & a pair of shoes which was in his car when left for service.

He took it up so seriously that the service center had to compensate him for the loss.

One more incident which happened to my spouse which is exactly the opposite. My spouse had left her car for service at Mandovi here in Bangalore. She got back the car the same evening. Couple of days after, she got a call from the service centre asking her to pick the few belongings like the laptop adaptor, mp3 discs and a pair of jeans which was supposed to have given to dry wash..

i only feel by the above 2 incidents which are exactly opposite, a bit of luck also matters.

other thing is that we better be cautious, since its our own stuff inside the car and the onus is entirely on us to remove out stuff. These service centre donot even bother to take good care of the cars coming in for service, forget alone our stuff inside, anyways i sincerely wish that this should not occur with anybody.

HARD LUCK MATE ! TAKE CARE ALWAYS, EVERYTIME.

Old 22nd July 2009, 14:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
Hey bro.. I know that its my fault that I left it in the car.. but I forgot to remove it.

And its just that it can happen to anybody which is why I thought to alert my fellow bhpians.

Actually I am too used to the Maruti Service people (Vitesse). I dont remove a thing while giving my swift for service and till date nothing has gone missing from the car.
@ honda_dude didn't they make a note of all accessories in the inventory sheet and didn't they make you sign on it before they took your car for servicing. Did the pen drive in the glove box go unnoticed then ??
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@ honda_dude didn't they make a note of all accessories in the inventory sheet and didn't they make you sign on it before they took your car for servicing. Did the pen drive in the glove box go unnoticed then ??
Hey Jango, they did not make a list of accessories in the inventory sheet. I did sign the service sheet but there was no list of accessories in the car.

Actually I also did not suspect that this would happen so I also did not insist on making the list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks