Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 17:57   #1
BHPian

Stuff missing from my car after Jaybharat Hyundai service

Hello all,

As some of you might know that I had bought a Hyundai Accent around 2 months back from Jayabharat Hyundai, hence I am writing my experience with them during my first service.

So it goes, I took my car to their service centre on a saturday morning. After explaining him what all was needed to be done I left my car with the service advisor. I just removed my Head unit and left the remote and other stuff in the glove compartment.

I went to collect my car in the evening. I checked the car to see if all the work was done or no. The service advisor did not even bother to attend me while I was inspecting my car.

After that I made the payments and everything and was ready to leave the service center. I just opened the glove compartment to put the service booklet back and to my horror I found my USB Pen drive missing.

I called the service advisor and told him that the stuff is missing. He told me to wait and went to the service area to check. After an hour he came back and said that he was unable to find it.

I told him to call his manager. The manager ( an illiterate woman) came and asked me to explain her the prob. I told her the entire story. After that she had the audicity to tell me why did I leave it in the glove box. I told her that next time I shud remove the seat covers of the car and send it as they might also get stolen.

She realised I was not in a mood to take her rot. so she told me that she will check with her staff and let me know. I told her that I will wait and that she shud go now and check. To that she's telling me that she cant assure that she will check or no.

I got irritated with this and told her to call the person above her. To my suprise, there was no one above her at the service station.

I just walked out of the centre. While getting out there was this gentleman who was watching the entire episode. He asked me what happened. I told him the entire story. He got up that instant and walked out of the centre without giving his car for service.

I am thinking of filing a complaint with the JAYABHARAT showroom. Wanted to know will that help. Any other actions that can be taken. Its not about the pen drive but its just that these people always take customers for granted.

MODS - Kindly move the thread to the appropriate section.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you report the matter to Hyundai Customer Care ?

And its a known horror stories of stuff like sunglasses/CDs etc getting stolen, so be careful in near future and dont trust these monkeys.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

i am not taking anyone's side - but aint you supposed remove all "valuables" from your car before you leave the car at the SC?

You should report this to the higher authorities @ hyundai.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

+1 to planet rocker. the ASC is just responsible for the car, and nothing else. If you have anything in the car that wasnt there when you got it from the showroom, the dealership is not responsible for it.

For me , and most skoda owners, We have to worry about them stealing actual parts of the car. I've lost wheelcaps, toolkit etc
Old 20th July 2009, 18:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry man! But you need to take important stuff out of the car before giving it to service guys. What the heck I keep the steering lock and the 'U' part of the gear lock with me when I give it for servicing.
I don't think the woman can do much here. If some service guy has stolen it, thats it. Unless he has kept it somewhere only to to give it back to you. High hopes!
Old 20th July 2009, 18:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

the problem here that Service Manager/Advisor might be the honest people but what about 50-100 other people at the service centre who would have access to your car.

And of course it gets tough for the Service Managers to make sure these things dont happen but shouldnt be the excuse, rather they should have stringent rules to maintain a healthy and transparent culture.

Still the onus lies onto the owner not to leave any valuables in the car and so many service centres have this written clearly too.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:32   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems to be a worldwide problem.

I was reading on Consumerist a few days back about a guy who, after suffering petty theft from his car during service, which his dealer refused to acknowledge, hid a video camera in the car for the next visit. He caught not only staff pocketing his coins, but one guy watching pawn on a laptop (which was part of the service equipment, if I remember rightly).

My wife just insists that I remove everything from the car before it goes for service.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't hold the ASC responsible, even though I would not expect a USB pen drive to be stolen. It is not ASC's responsibility if something gets stolen, since they categorically tell you to remove all valuables.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:45   #9
BHPian

honda_dude,
Register a complaint but dont expect anything out of it.
You might probably get a better treatment if You go next time around.

I even lost my (sentimental, most preserving) Bal-Hanuman keychain when I gave my swifDy for service.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wait On guys,

As i have already mentioned that ASC are not responsible for valuables and most of them tell your or display the boards asking to remove the same from your car while giving for servicing.

But this shouldnt be taken as an excuse, otherwise next step would be the theft of car parts which is also reported from a few incidents.

the guys giverning the ASC should make sure they have stringent rules/regulations and a healthy environment so that these incidents can be minimised and this will install confidence in customer's hearts.

Even if someone lost the USB by his mistake(just imagine for a sec), the same guy will not go to that service station again if there is another choice.

i always removed the vehicle papers/sunglasses/wallet while i give my vehicles for service and tell the SA clearly that buddy i am not taking stereo faceplate,CDs/other sundry stuff like tissues/water bottles so take care of them too.
they can listent to songs but i tell them not change HU settings.

and never lost anything but couple of times the mechanics asked for CDs if they liked and nobody whines giving them a couple of CDs of songs when you can write them easily again.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

This not directly intended to address @honda dude.

I make it a habit to give the car for service with the bare minimum "removables"- only the spare tire and the user manual. I remove everything else- tools, first-aid kit, spare bulbs, any other misc stuff i may have kept in the car.

This is not because I do not trust the service center, but more as a pre-caution. The car goes thru several rounds, and in each a mechanic does something. Washing, cleaning, interior, repair, etc, etc- if any one of the them take the stuff kept in the car out and forgets to put it back in, it will be very very difficult to trace it back. And the one who took it out would have honestly forgotten about it!

Jus my 2c
Old 20th July 2009, 19:11   #12
BHPian

hey guys. thanks for your views.

As suggested by the bhpians, I also did remove all the other stuff from the car including the HU. It just slipped off my mind to remove the USB as it was in the glove box.

But its just that the car is going for a service and I expect a little better service than this. Also the worst part is that the advisor did not even make a list of the stuff in the car as in cds, misc etc..

Whenever I give my swift for a service the advisor notes down the minute details. I still remember the first time I gave my swift for service there was a Linkin Park cd in the HU. The advisor wrote down the name of the cd on the job sheet. On enquiring he said that if the cd gets mixed or misplaced it will be easy to locate. Hehe.

I prefer maruti service to hyundai
Old 20th July 2009, 21:49   #13
Team-BHP Support

let me tell you something about jayabharat. as soon as your free services are over stop going to them for services. find a better dealer or give it to an independent garage.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:56   #14
BANNED

I agree that it was partially your fault to leave stuff in the car. But then everyone forgets. The service station should have at least tried to be polite rather than asking why you left it there. Come one you could have easily said that "I didn't know you people were theives". They should realise that q few polite words would have saved them from loosing a customer. Even if you have free services left, you can still go to another dealer.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:55   #15
BHPian

hey people,

just out of curiousity, i emailed the hyundai customer care who in turn assured me that my complain will be addressed in 2 days.

today i have received a reply from the dealer, not the customer care. below is the reply

[FONT=Times New Roman]Dear Sir,

We are in receipt of your Mail dated 21st July 2009 and noted the contents thereof.

Kindly be advised that your car was not with the USB pen drive in the glow box since the same was not found and mentioned in the inventory sheet which duly signed by you. Inspite of this we advised you to remove all your belongings and accordingly you have given your car for service.

We therefore request you to kindly check up at your end only for the missing USB pen drive as stated in your mail.

Thanking you and wishing you happy motoring.

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Yours faithfully,
For Jayabharat Automobiles Limited,

I was so put off after seeing their email that even I shot an email to them. This time it was harsh.

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]You kindly be advised that your staff at the service station has accepted that the pen drive was there in the glove box when the car went for service. Also the service advisor (Mr. Justin) did not check the entire car before taking it for service which I presume is his duty.

Secondly, I am anyways never going to send my car to Jayabharat Hyundai for service again as the manager in-charge (Ms Esha) does not know how to address customer complains and queries.

Thirdly I request your team to get your facts right before sending me emails. For a fact I always knew that no action would be taken in this regard. I just wanted to bring this matter to your kindest attention as I thought that the top management might be a little more efficient.

PS - Next time I shall send my car for a service after removing all the accessories i.e car perfume, ganesh idol, seat covers, steering cover, neck cushion, steering cover, speakers and complete audio system. Cannot say what might be stolen the next time.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks