Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 15:14   #1
BHPian

i10 Delivery Delayed: Need Help

Dear All,
I need your suggestions as to what I can do in the case mentioned below.
  1. My brother in law had booked a i10 Sportz in electric red color with red pack on 30th June 2009. He paid 10,000 as booking amount.

He had applied for a car loan for 3,00,000 from SBI which has now been approved. The remaining amount would be paid in cash.

It's been nearly a month, and still the dealership people say that the car has not yet arrived. Every week they extend the date by a week.

Today also they have given us a date for friday the 24th July. I have sent a strong mail to HMIL complaining the same.

On asking the dealership to refund our booking amout so that we can buy from some other dealer, the people there are saying that it'sour wish but they would deduct 2000 and give 8000 only.

What can be done in this particular case in order to expedite the process or to get a full refund?

2. SBI, the bank has approved the loan but is asking for the receipt of the remaining amount (3,00,000) which the bank need to pay to the dealership.
    Now, that the car has not yet arrived at the dealership, would it be advisable to pay the amount to the dealership and get the receipt. Or is there a different process?
Waiting for your opinions and advice.

Thanks in advance,
Abhi

Last edited by abhijeetsng : 21st July 2009 at 15:15.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:40   #2
srinivas9446

Dear Abhi,

is the delay happening due to your colour choice ? if yes and if its that you cannot wait anymore..try to check with other dealers for the same colour or suggest your in law to try and change is liking to a different colour.

Best wishes !
srinivas

Old 22nd July 2009, 15:00   #3
BHPian

Hi abhijeet,

Can you give us more details like, which dealer and which color ?
Even I booked i10 1.2 Sportz in white and suffered the same and expecting delivery to be this sunday. I've kept my fingers crossed. Btw , im buying from Hans Hyundai, Moti Nagar.

PS : You have a santro. How was your experience with hyundai last time ? Coz i've bought cars from Maruti, Skoda and Honda, but my experience with hyundai has been really bad, four years back hyundai's attitude made us buy a maruti product. Other brands are simply too caring and concerned than hyundai dealers.

Last edited by inferno : 22nd July 2009 at 15:03.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Dear Abhi,

is the delay happening due to your colour choice ? if yes and if its that you cannot wait anymore..try to check with other dealers for the same colour or suggest your in law to try and change is liking to a different colour.

Best wishes !
srinivas
Hi Srinivas,
No, the delay is not because of the color, 1.2 sportz is only available in few colors which are readily available. What the dealer is saying is that the dispatch of the car from some south location is taking place. I don't know what to do now. My brother in law is following up with them on a daily basis, but, its of no use. He has also complained to HMIL. Still no response from them.

Let me know if you come across some solution.

Thanks,
Abhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
Hi abhijeet,

Can you give us more details like, which dealer and which color ?
Even I booked i10 1.2 Sportz in white and suffered the same and expecting delivery to be this sunday. I've kept my fingers crossed. Btw , im buying from Hans Hyundai, Moti Nagar.

PS : You have a santro. How was your experience with hyundai last time ? Coz i've bought cars from Maruti, Skoda and Honda, but my experience with hyundai has been really bad, four years back hyundai's attitude made us buy a maruti product. Other brands are simply too caring and concerned than hyundai dealers.
Hi inferno,
the car has been booked with Superon hyundai in Gurgaon, the color of the car is electric red with red pack inside.
All the very best for your ride. Wish it does not get delayed this time.

Yes, I have this santro from the last 6 years, I bought it from Deep Hyundai in New Delhi. My experience was good with deep. I would not rate it as excellent but good. There were no delays. When I booked it, I was given a date of delivery and was done so.
I also now feel that Hyundai attitude towards customers is going down, I and my brother in law is also thinking to take a loss of 2000 and book a swift vxi.

Thanks for your reply.

Abhi
Old 24th July 2009, 12:56   #5
srinivas9446

Dear Abhi,

Your thought of swift VXI is good, but do try & drive swift diesel. i drove my friend's swift diesel, its mindblowing !

bye
srinivas

Old 24th July 2009, 22:16   #6
BHPian

why not then Punto 1.4...
Old 25th July 2009, 10:17   #7
srinivas9446

parimal,

is punto as sporty as swift diesel ? you seem to be suggesting 1.4 which is petrol driven.

Old 25th July 2009, 11:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Abhi,

Your thought of swift VXI is good, but do try & drive swift diesel. i drove my friend's swift diesel, its mindblowing !

bye
srinivas
hi srinivas,
i10 sportz which we had booked is expected to arrive today. will update you all about any developments.

Abhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
why not then Punto 1.4...
Hi Parimal,
My brother in law is a hard core maruti and hyundai fan. Can't do much on that. Anyways thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Abhi
Old 25th July 2009, 11:26   #9
srinivas9446

Abhi,

great to hear such a good news this morning. by the way, where are the sweets mate !

Old 25th July 2009, 15:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Abhi,

great to hear such a good news this morning. by the way, where are the sweets mate !
sweets will definately follow! BTW, i checked with my brother in law. The car has arrived at gurgaon and is presently at the depot of the dealer. It will be at the showroom by tomorrow morning.
My brother in law would be going for an inspection tomorrow.
Old 25th July 2009, 21:47   #11
srinivas9446

Dear Abhi,
Great to hear this..would you join your in law for a pre-registration inspection..i would suggest a good inspection. .i'm sure you are quite capable of a thorough inspection.

i did a pre registration inspection of my IVTEC...it really did help, since when i went for the delivery of my car..the tyres were changed. During the pre regis inspection my car had michelin tyres...i had to get it changed.

i suggest pls do inspect every nook & corner of the car..if possible, try & take a guy who can make out if any damage repair has been done with the cabin.

my CONGRATS & GOOD WISHES TO YOUR FAMILY.

My regards to your in-law.

Safe driving !

bye

Bye

Old 26th July 2009, 11:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Oh! sorry to have missed this earlier. This seems to be one of those rare sane threads on delay in delivery and people dont jump into mud slushing the dealer/brand/manufacturer. Wonder why not many have responded in this.

It sounds strange that Hyundai did not reply to your complaint IN these days even those with the worst service respond to direct mails sent to the company. I thought hyundai would be far better in terms of customer care.

Good to hear that the car has arrived. Do a thorough PDI check with the list available here.
PLease remember to check the date of manufacture of the car and ensure that it was not lying for long in some yard. Especially since you have asked for a specific colour/pack.

Last edited by gemithomas : 26th July 2009 at 11:29.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:12   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Abhi,
Great to hear this..would you join your in law for a pre-registration inspection..i would suggest a good inspection. .i'm sure you are quite capable of a thorough inspection.

i did a pre registration inspection of my IVTEC...it really did help, since when i went for the delivery of my car..the tyres were changed. During the pre regis inspection my car had michelin tyres...i had to get it changed.

i suggest pls do inspect every nook & corner of the car..if possible, try & take a guy who can make out if any damage repair has been done with the cabin.

my CONGRATS & GOOD WISHES TO YOUR FAMILY.

My regards to your in-law.

Safe driving !

bye

Bye
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Oh! sorry to have missed this earlier. This seems to be one of those rare sane threads on delay in delivery and people dont jump into mud slushing the dealer/brand/manufacturer. Wonder why not many have responded in this.

It sounds strange that Hyundai did not reply to your complaint IN these days even those with the worst service respond to direct mails sent to the company. I thought hyundai would be far better in terms of customer care.

Good to hear that the car has arrived. Do a thorough PDI check with the list available here.
PLease remember to check the date of manufacture of the car and ensure that it was not lying for long in some yard. Especially since you have asked for a specific colour/pack.
Thank you "srinivas9446", "gemithomas",
Guys,
  • Yesterday, I along with my brother in law went to the showroom in Gurgaon to do a pre-registeration check.
  • The car was parked in the dockyard of the dealer. Did a through check for each and everything.
  • All is fine and good.
  • The car is manufactured in july itself. The thing is that now the i10's are comming with an immobiliser as standard and this has started only one and a half months back.
  • Even checked the invoice of the car on which it came from chennai. Everythings seems to be perfect.
  • Have also noted down the VIN no, engine and chasis no.
  • Electricals and everything is working fine.
We have made the payment of the difference amount between the booking advance and the loan amount. And guys guess what, on last minute negotiations we got additional discount (though very minor) for the delay that was caused.

By today or tomorrow, my brother in law would get the draft and we would take the delivery.

By the time we left the showroom, the car had arrived at the showroom.

Just now my brother in law called me. He is at the bank getting the draft processed. The bank authorities are asking him to take a cover insurance on the amount.
Is 3 lacs such big a loan that we need a cover insurance over it?
I have suggested him to avoid getting the insurance.

I had taken a few pics while pre-delivery inspection. But, those are on my laptop back home. will definately post pictures of delivery.

PS: Any advice or suggestions for taking the delivery would be most welcome.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Just remember not to take delivery after six. You wont be able to see any imperfections on the body and might miss out any minor issues. Also check that all accessories as per promise is fitted. Else ask them to note i down in the delivery note mentioning when they will fix it.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just remember not to take delivery after six. You wont be able to see any imperfections on the body and might miss out any minor issues. Also check that all accessories as per promise is fitted. Else ask them to note i down in the delivery note mentioning when they will fix it.
Thanks, I will surely remember all that you have written.
We would be taking the delivery tomorrow ie on 28th July, (if not delayed).
Time of delivery would be sometime in noon.

Cheers,

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks