Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 15:36   #1
BHPian

One of the first to book the Grande Punto and take the abuse of Fiat!!

Guys,I booked my Grande Punto on 27th june at Tafe Reach,Chennai and paid an advance of 25,000Rs.It's been almost 4weeks and the dealer is yet to give me a date of delivery.At the time of booking,the dealer assured me that the car will be delivered in 12days.But now,whenever I ask him about this, he says "Sir,We have sent the order to the Pune People,and they have dispatched the car,but I don't know when the car would be coming!".

He has been saying the same since the first week of july and right now I don't know how to move about with this guy.Before I booked the car he used to call me up often,but now I'm the one who is running behind him.Adding to the fuel,he says "Only Emotion PK models are being handed over to the customers and they are yet to receive even one MJD active".

I don't know how Fiat has trained its staffs in Chennai,from whatever I observed, they look pathetic to say the least.I'm contemplating cancelling the booking and get the I20 instead.I just don't want to face this dealer once again during my reqular services, these guys show all signs to act dodgy in the future.

I'm just pissed with these Idiots!!

I have raised a sales complaint request through Fiat India website and haven't received any calls or mails from them yet.
Let me know how should I move about or If you know of any higher officials in Fiat Chennai,Kindly let me know that too.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Send a mail to the customer care. Or better still, cancel the order.

It should be obvious that would be delays in delivery. Did you try any other dealers who can give immediate delivery. In that case you can cancel and place a new order.

Last edited by beejay : 21st July 2009 at 15:46.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

That is a unpleasent experience!

I don't understand why the salesman at the dealership try to fool around the customers!
His promise of delivery in 12 days looks hollow to me.
Here, in B'lore, there is a waiting-period of 4 weeks.

Did you escalate the same to the Sales Manager or MD of the dealership!
Please report this incident to: service@fiapl.com

Did you check the delivery period at other dealers in Chennai?
Old 21st July 2009, 16:27   #4
BHPian

If he says that the car has been dispatched, it can definitely be tracked through their online systems. I don't think it has anything to do directly with Fiat. These kind of dealers do lend a bad repute for Fiat. Would suggest you cancel the order and try another dealer.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

I hope the dealer doesn't forfeit any amount against there so called cancellation charges. I am not aware if this happens. In my case the dealer was after me to take the delivery. Anyways, checking with other fiat dealers for waiting time will give you a fair idea of what's happening.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:28   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the world of Tata Fiat man. The Fiat service experience is the polar opposite to the experience of Fiat cars. Thankfully, the cars don't spent much time at the service center. Be prepared for total chaos at service. They are improving, but miles to go still. It is quite well documented on this forum and elsewhere. Real world experience has done nothing to prove otherwise, not yet anyway. The cars make up for it in spades though, believe you me.

I suggest you cancel the booking, and try another dealer if your mind is set on the Punto. Else, go with the i20, that is a stunning car as well and much better service support supposedly.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Selling the vehicle is the first step toward a relationship. I can imagine the state of affairs which a customer may encounter during servicing there vehicle.

Such comments from potential customers can be a certain disaster for FIAT. Already they are not great on A.S. S.

Its better that they start treating the customers well & respond to queries on-time.

Creating a good product & selling a product does not absolve FIAT from its responsibility.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great. Seems like the bed-buddies are in the act together!

Am getting the same treatment from TATA, that too for their premium vehicle!

Pathetic lot we are - the customers!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 19:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

then you guys can only imagine what the service experience is gonna be
Old 21st July 2009, 19:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

I recommend a two step process..

1) Make a LOT of noise. Call FIAT. Email every address you find. Link this thread to your email.

2) If (1) fails, cancel booking and re book with another dealer.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Do the following:

1) Ask him to give a fixed date for delivery.
2) If a) he does not give fixed date or, b) does not deliver on given date, tell him to cancel the booking. And do it, if he indeed slips again. DO NOT negotiate any further. Tell him that you are booking i20 or buying GP from other dealer and reporting this matter to Tata-Fiat.

Have you tried talking to their manager or GM?
Old 21st July 2009, 21:45   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a Tafe attitude issue. Wonder if Tafe is better off going back to their tractor business.

Make some noise.
Old 21st July 2009, 22:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

I'll tell you the best thing to do.

Go up to them one last time and cancel the booking. If they let you go just like that well and good. Go and buy the i20 or the Ritz (if you like the rear )

If they try to talk you in ask them to give in writing a final date for delivery with a clause to refund your money if it that is not met.

What ever the outcome is. Send in a mail to service@fiapl.com Keep the management informed that their claim of getting the house in good shape is not really working as the customer would like it to.

What you need to keep in mind is that it is common practice these days to delay the delivery due to the long waiting periods. Its almost the same thing if you book hot moving models like the swift/ritz too. The purpose of the above action is to check if they are even bothered about a customer (coz if they are really not you might have issues in the long term of ownership). If they are interested in the customer they'll do all they can to speed up the delivery and not loose a customer who has aldreay paid such a huge advance amount.

Best of luck.
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't this same TAFE dealership a Hyundai dealer before? And weren't they closed down by Hyundai from some malpractices- extra fitments on lower end cars and selling them as higher end variants? I remember seeing a thread a while ago...
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:31   #15
BHPian

This is pretty much par for the course for Tata/Fiat dealers. When the Linea was launched you saw plenty of threads (including mine) of how the dealers promised a delivery date and then kept delaying. In my case I was promised delivery in 2 - 3 weeks but finally got it in 10-11 weeks! I even spoke to both Tata & Fiat directly and they weren't too much help. If your heart is set on the car send e-mails like the others have said and keep following up with the dealer.

Most Viewed