Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

What the hell!

Taking the full amount and then saying that the vehicle is yet to be ordered! Man, this is the heights!

You should actually cancel the order and take back the money and strongly re-think about the decision for the Linea; that is, unless you are pretty sure that you need the Linea and nothing else.

I do not think that any of the manufacturer are ever taking a vehicle back to repaint!!!

Total cock & bull story mate! Run away!

And yes, shoot a mail to Fiat and let them know that their come-back plans are turning to the go-back plans!

EDIT: 6 posts by the time I wrote this out!!! WOW!

And yes, GreenHorn, well noted. Bigger LEMONS are offloaded to customer, so what with this color! The dealer does have a good story telling talent!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 22nd July 2009 at 19:09.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Take the money back and go to B U Bhandari since they seem to be the better among Tata-Fiat dealers, going by sales experience on T-BHP so far.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Take the money back and go to B U Bhandari since they seem to be the better among Tata-Fiat dealers, going by sales experience on T-BHP so far.
I don't agree! In my case BU Bhandari promised delivery in 2-3 weeks but took 10-11 weeks for delivery. The salesperson was not at all helpful .
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I don't agree! In my case BU Bhandari promised delivery in 2-3 weeks but took 10-11 weeks for delivery. The salesperson was not at all helpful .
Excellent! So there are the same everywhere

Recently one member had very good experience with B U Bhandari while buying Punto. May be he can be of help here.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:35   #20
BHPian

These TATA-dealership guys seem to be big jokers.
How are they handling booking of TATA cars?

Anyway, I don't think they will give you money back.
Solution in your case will be to just pressure them to give within a week (as full money is paid).
AND get the Engine/Chassis numbers of the car in transit this time.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Why will they not give your money back?

One of my colleagues had booked a GTX about 6 years ago. He had gone for SP (safety pack) variant, for which, neither Fiat nor Sundaram had any idea about the price. It turned out to be a much larger price than what Sundaram had initially mentioned. Since that was a made-to-order car, my colleague had to put in entire money at the time of booking, which turned out to be much more after the car arrived. He simply refused to give them the difference amount, and they returned the booked amount cheque within a day.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Some Tata-Fiat dealers are so bad and irresponsible that it makes one wonder, it cant get worse than this. My booking was smooth because i had paid full payment and taken my Linea on cash down.

They cancelled someone else car and gave me a option to choose silver or vocal white, i took silver and they must have delayed the customer's delivery whose silver Linea it was.
Dealers do such things but am surprised in your case as you paid full amount beforehand and you shouldnt have waited.

BTW, why did you pay full amount? Should have got DD done and given it at time of delivery.
- Dont think they will refund full amount. Pressurize them that you will cancel booking and see that you get your car at earliest.

This Linea delivery trouble was earlier, sales have settled now and dont think deliveries are problem.
Regarding Fiat recalling car alloted to you, dealer is bluffing. Companies sell lemons with big defects, Fiat wouldnt be that generous to recall a car for a paint defect.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

but to be honest, if you had planned on taking that had been lying in their yard, we would have recommended against it , unless you had already checked the car out and found no issues with it.

As far as tata and fiat vehicles are concerned, good things come to those who wait
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Forget any apologies, Mr Sachin the advisor is not even ready to commit where the car is and about delivery date. He said Mr Kulkarni who is the manager will call me and he cant do anything more now. Buggers.

I feel like shooting a mail to Rajeev Kapoor and demanding my money back with interest.

Are you still waiting for any good moment to shoot an email to Mr Rajeev. Dude the eclipse is over, first shoot an email and then start speaking. Until you have something in writing nothing is going to move.

All I can say is it was a trick played by the executive to gain some money as incentive nothing more and sadly you fell for it.

Well nothing lost, ask for a refund straight and an apology letter in writing. Stop speaking to the executive and start speaking to the managers if you want answers.

If at all you do not want to cancel, go ahead and ask for freebies during the delivery. Hit them where it matters them most. Try to reduce the margin by demanding freebies.

And finally, welcome to the world of Tata's
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:35   #25
BHPian

Maverick

Cool down buddy. I know how it feels. I am an owner of Fiat Linea Epk (Vocal white color) and I also went through a hard time taking delivery of my linea.

Mate there is nothing wrong with the car nor with Fiat. Fiat sales are currently taken care by TATA. And in this case the Dealer is the culprit. I also faced a hard time in taking the delivery of my Linea (Vocal white color). Despite of a promised Delivery time of 1 week I waited for almost a month to get the Vocal white color, which only I got materialized by some kind of Barter system among the dealers. Let me tell you Vocal white colour in Fiat linea a fast moving color and is in shortage.

What must have gone wrong is that after taking full payment from you, Dealer would have recieved another customer, to whom they would have sold this colour n model on premium. its always advisable to take the Engine number and chesis number at the time of Booking when the car is in stock.

You can always cancel your booking with this dealer. An interest is only paid after the 28th day for the preceeding days when the car is not delivered. But before you do that Do check with other Dealer if they have the Car in stock. (Its hard to find this colour in stock with dealers). If they have the car in stock check the car and take the chessis number pay a token amount of about 5k or 10 K. Get back to this culprit dealer get your booking cancel they will refund the complete amount. Get all the processing done with the other dealer.

I am sure once you have the car in hand all your bad memories will fade out with the plessure of driving the Linea.

Congratulations on your decision to buy Linea
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:37   #26
BHPian

Cancel the booking! Insist on getting full amount back.

I think I was also interacting with Sachin and he mentioned that he'd call me when Medium Gray Linea arrives, I haven't heard from him since last month! But BUB is bad as well. Guess we puneites are plain unlucky to face such pathetic service! I think Siddharth from Pandit is a member here, you may want to contact him.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel like shooting a mail to Rajeev Kapoor and demanding my money back with interest.
What is holding you back? Shoot a mail to rajeev kapoor with cc to mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com and service@fiapl.com immeditely.

Quote:
Got a call from Mr Joshi from Pandit Auto and he said that they had invoiced the car but company took it back as there was some colour defect and they will be giving new car. He said that Punto and Linea are having similar white colour hence confusion
That just passing the blame to the company. No company would call back a car due to anything with the paint. It would be rectified at the dealer end.

Don forget to mention about this conversation you had with Mr.Joshi and specifically mention that he said there was some quality issues with paint and you are in doubt whether you should buy a car that has so bad quality checks.

Please do put n a second mail to all above people. Dont wait for reply of your first mail. Its really bad that the dealers are blaming FIAT for their cheating acts while FIAT tries to rebuild its image in whatever possible way. The least we can do is to keep the management informed of the malpractices of the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Are you still waiting for any good moment to shoot an email to Mr Rajeev. Dude the eclipse is over, first shoot an email and then start speaking. Until you have something in writing nothing is going to move.

All I can say is it was a trick played by the executive to gain some money as incentive nothing more and sadly you fell for it.

Well nothing lost, ask for a refund straight and an apology letter in writing. Stop speaking to the executive and start speaking to the managers if you want answers.
DITTO. You should have seen the car before you paid the whole money. What if they gave you a damaged car.
In future atleast T-bhp members please dont fall for such things. PLease.

OT: are you aware of paliousersgroup (PUG) on yahoo groups. there are people in constant interaction with mangesh on the group. Please try to put this up in PUG too. It would help in speeding up things and teaching these idiots that they cant take customers for a ride with such cheating.

Last edited by gemithomas : 22nd July 2009 at 21:02.
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:10   #28
BHPian

I had convinced my friend to go for a Linea - He took a test drive of the petrol version and wanted to try the diesel version.

1. He first tried setting up a test drive for the diesel version - The sales guy fixed a time when he could come (not the other way!) - And didn't show up.

2. My friend tried calling the sales executive at Concorde Motors, Bangalore. But the guy didn't pick up.

3. As a last resort he went to the dealership for the test drive. After reaching there, he called the sales executive - To his surprise, he saw the sales guy walking around and after seeing the call is from my friend, he put it in silent mode, put the mobile in his shirt pocket, and started walking. Unfortunately, he walked straight into my friend - My friend gave him a piece of his mind and then left.

This is for a guy, who wanted to make a full downpayment! I had a bad experience too, with the same dealership, which I'll tell later since it is not related to Linea.

My friend is now taking a Mitsubishi Cedia Sports (that was what I heard last!)
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I had a bad experience too, with the same dealership, which I'll tell later since it is not related to Linea.

My friend is now taking a Mitsubishi Cedia Sports (that was what I heard last!)
I too didn't had a good experience with Concorde or Prerana in Bangalore. I tried for at least 5 weeks to get a TD car, but couldn't. Finally, went to Prerana in SJP road, and they didn't even had a TD vehicle. Concorde was also not really cordial. I felt it is a take it or go kind of attitude. They doesn't seems to be interested in sales of Linea.
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
... As far as tata and fiat vehicles are concerned, good things come to those who wait
Amen to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
... 2. My friend tried calling the sales executive at Concorde Motors, Bangalore. But the guy didn't pick up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
I too didn't had a good experience with Concorde or Prerana in Bangalore...
Seems like Concord has this, treat the customer as dirt, policy from the start!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks