Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 21:43   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Maverick- Brilliant. If they've billed the car, you can surely get the Engine/ Chasis No. Ask for it. If you get it imdtly, you can safely say that within 2-3 days you'll have hands on your beloved beauty
+1 to that

maverick : get the engine and chassis number from Pandit

and tell them in advance you want to do a thorough PDI

I can join you if you wish .. I stay like two minutes away from the showroom
Old 5th August 2009, 15:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
+1 to that

maverick : get the engine and chassis number from Pandit

and tell them in advance you want to do a thorough PDI

I can join you if you wish .. I stay like two minutes away from the showroom
Thanks Amogh, I actually read your message late else would have definitely called you.

I did PDI yesterday evening. Car looked very good, only thing was since they drove down from Ranjangaon it was dirty. Odo reading was 130 kms. Every things is fine with the car and would be taking delivery tomorrow on 6th.

I told them that I would be doing a PDI and I have brought the checklist, the salesman was bit unhappy. Since they knew I had escalated the matter till Rajeev Kapoor and since they knew Iam very particular their branch manager came down with me to do the PDI and was there till end. Only underbody check I couldnt do thoroughly as when they had put car on ramp it was bit dark so I couldnt see. I used my cell phone light but everything was alright, no rusty pieces, everything fit and fine.

I have taken down the engine and chassis no.

Due to the issues faced I have been given June rates and passed 10K discount and 10% discount on all accesories.

I have taken following things -
1) Teflon coating - underbody and cavity
2) Floor mats
3) Reverse sensors

Filming and seat covers I plan to do from outside since they are quoting very high price. Plan to do Llumar sun films.

Any advice on sunfilms and seat cover folks?

PS: This is the first Linea in Pune with Bosonova White colour

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 5th August 2009 at 15:02. Reason: Forgot to mention colour
Old 5th August 2009, 15:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
On numerous occasions I have also seen the service guys of Pandit driving customers cars in an extremely dangerous manner.

I read that the owner of Pandit Auto is on TBHP. I hope he is reading this.
In fact, when the idiot driver was taking my Linea from basement (for my PDI check) the bugger was driving so fast and applying the brakes so hard I scolded him. Its heights, abusing the car infront of the customer.

I shudder to imagine what the car must have gone through while coming from Ranjangaon.

I think its with all dealers. They simply love to abuse the new car. When one of sales guy from BU Bhandari had come to my house for TD of Palio MJD he too was abusing the car.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:57   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Thanks Amogh, I actually read your message late else would have definitely called you.

Due to the issues faced I have been given June rates and passed 10K discount and 10% discount on all accesories.
Daane daane pe likha hota hai khane wale ka naam!

I was offered the same ( I think) Vocal White Linea by Pandit in early July. Since it was not my first choice colour, I agreed to take it if they gave me the June prices. Sachin Patil (I think that was the salesman's name) point blank refused any and all discounts, and nor was I totally convinced that he really had it in stock ( because he first told me on the phone that he had 2; 1 white and 1 silver, and later said he could give me the white but was delaying showing it), and generally thought B U Bhandari were more professional, that I did not take the Vocal White. In short, saved myself the trauma but also lost out on the discount

I am expecting delivery on 7th from BUB. Flamenco Red ( Bossa Nova was second choice). Enjoy your ride.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Daane daane pe likha hota hai khane wale ka naam!

I was offered the same ( I think) Vocal White Linea by Pandit in early July. Since it was not my first choice colour, I agreed to take it if they gave me the June prices. Sachin Patil (I think that was the salesman's name) point blank refused any and all discounts, and nor was I totally convinced that he really had it in stock ( because he first told me on the phone that he had 2; 1 white and 1 silver, and later said he could give me the white but was delaying showing it), and generally thought B U Bhandari were more professional, that I did not take the Vocal White. In short, saved myself the trauma but also lost out on the discount

I am expecting delivery on 7th from BUB. Flamenco Red ( Bossa Nova was second choice). Enjoy your ride.
Well, since BUB said they would take longer time and Pandit said they will deliver sooner, I finalised with Pandit.

I was bit skeptical about BUB and had some doubts that they pass on the test drive vehicles to unsuspecting customers. One of their salesman had brought Palio MJD for TD at my residence with odo disconnected. Also, at that time (arnd 1 year back) they did not have Palio 1.6 for TD. He offered me one of the customers car for TD which I flatly refused. At same time Pandit had all the cars for TD. So my impression was that even though sales person might not have good knowledge about cars at least they have good process for TD cars.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:

I did PDI yesterday evening. Car looked very good, only thing was since they drove down from Ranjangaon it was dirty. Odo reading was 130 kms. Every things is fine with the car and would be taking delivery tomorrow on 6th.
no rusty pieces, everything fit and fine.

Any advice on sunfilms and seat cover folks?
Congratulations !!

I don't understand why Pandit's car have such a high odo running. I was at Pandit today to check "Crimson"'s Punto .. and the odo running was 140 km.

I doubt anything that is over 80. Ranjanagaon Pune distance is 55 kms. Add another 20-25 kms for PDI. Should not be more than 80 .. stretch it to 90.

We asked the sales manager of Pandit about this .. but frankly speaking .. he did not have a convincing answer.

My Punto when delivered by B U had an odo reading of 62 kms.

As far as Sun film is concerned .. I would suggest you wait till the monsoon gets over.

For fitting .. go to Carax near Wakad. They have an excellent range. You can actually "test" all the sun films against an artificial light source.
Old 5th August 2009, 18:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Well, since BUB said they would take longer time and Pandit said they will deliver sooner, I finalised with Pandit.

I was bit skeptical about BUB and had some doubts that they pass on the test drive vehicles to unsuspecting customers. One of their salesman had brought Palio MJD for TD at my residence with odo disconnected. Also, at that time (arnd 1 year back) they did not have Palio 1.6 for TD. He offered me one of the customers car for TD which I flatly refused. At same time Pandit had all the cars for TD. So my impression was that even though sales person might not have good knowledge about cars at least they have good process for TD cars.
Well, as I said in another thread, in Pune if you want a Fiat, your choice is between the devil and the deep blue sea. By the way, on my first visit to BUB for a TD, the vehicle was not available and they asked me to wait. I told them that I was in a hurry and tried very hard to get them to let me test drive a "stock" vehicle. They absolutely refused, in spite of my several attempts to get them to do so.

On the other hand, Pandit had just one very dirty diesel TD vehicle which they showed me and were unable to confirm when they could arrange a TD of a petrol.

I have also got the Fiat invoicing date (July 30) for my vehicle, so I don't think they could be doing too much test driving! And I want the odo reset in my presence. And I will be doing a PDI. Hopefully, they have got the message. And if they mess up, maybe I'll get the June prices
Old 5th August 2009, 21:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Are you guys eligible for the corporate discount? We got an offer of corporate discount on Fiat vehicles. It was for July and may be they will extend it. You could check with Tata Motors corporate sales or the admin folks in your office.

Punto it was 9k and Linea (Active, Dynamic) it was 16k + music system, Linea (Emotion, Emotion Pack) it was 10k.

And on Palio Stile (Petrol) it was 26k, Palio Stile Sport (petrol) it was 36k and Palio Stile Multijet it was 16k.

Last edited by pjbiju : 5th August 2009 at 21:07.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:07   #69
BHPian

Tried very hard for the corporate discount. Said you are ineligible. Even gave them profile of an IT Company ( neeting their criteria) where I am a director, to see if they could add it to their list. Did not work. I think Prerna ( Bangalore) and others have a better equation/try harder with Tata Motors.

The discount on Active and Dynamic was available as a cash discount, but not on Emotion versions, nor on Punto. Did not check Palio Stile pricing.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Are you guys eligible for the corporate discount? We got an offer of corporate discount on Fiat vehicles. It was for July and may be they will extend it. You could check with Tata Motors corporate sales or the admin folks in your office.

Punto it was 9k and Linea (Active, Dynamic) it was 16k + music system, Linea (Emotion, Emotion Pack) it was 10k.

And on Palio Stile (Petrol) it was 26k, Palio Stile Sport (petrol) it was 36k and Palio Stile Multijet it was 16k.
Since my IT co. is not listed in their list of cos for which they offer corp. discount, no corp disc. was offered. Not even loyalty discount.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:51   #71
BHPian

Linea at home

Folks,

Today finally got home Linea - Bosonova White, Emotion Pk Petrol from Pandit, albeit with some drama.

I had done the PDI check and during that I had found that the boot does not close easily. I had to apply some more pressure. During PDI branch manager was with me and he agreed to fix it before delivery.

Now during delivery when I checked the boot, it did not close easily. I had to literally bang it. Now I was very furious. I blasted the sales guy and told him to get the branch manager. When the BM came I showed him the boot and asked him to close. He had to bang it to close. Now I told him to close the boot of another linea which was beside it. It closed w/o any effort. He apologised and said it minor setting issue and he would send some one at my home to fix it and that since its late (7:45pm) theres no mechanic. Blasted him left right centre.

Anyways, I was given one Ganesh idol some sweets and off we went from Pandit. Did tank up at nearest petrol pump and filled 44.8 ltrs of speed petrol. Buggers Pandit had said theres 4-5 ltrs, but there was hardly 1-2 ltrs petrol.

I'am taken aback by pleothera of controls and features so tomorrow plan to spend lot of time to understand it.

Will upload photos soon..

Mods can you pls change the subject to now delivered

Cheers!!

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 6th August 2009 at 23:52. Reason: Forgot note to Mods
Old 7th August 2009, 00:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car buddy!!
Old 7th August 2009, 11:47   #73
BHPian

Congratulations!! Enjoy the new ride.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:40   #74
BANNED

Congrats Maverick

And yes, spend adequate time reading the manual & understanding the features. The features can be better understood if you take manual to the car, read it & start checking the features one by one as per manual

Reg premium Petrol, you might want to change to using Regular petrol (though there are no claims that premium petrol harms)
Old 25th August 2009, 10:16   #75
BHPian

Hello, I'm new to this forum (as you can see there's "newbie" tag attached to my name :-)). I've booked my Linea Petrol E PK with BUB a couple of days back. Since reading about Pandit on this forum I decided to go to BUB. So far BUB sales guys have been satisfactory although often felt that they can give a "wow" experience to customers easily at least when one is writing a booking amount check!

When I was into marketing Automobiles, BUB was one of our best dealer in India but some years have passed now after that. Have to see the actual experience during delivery etc. Fingers crossed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks