Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 15:47   #76
BHPian

Congrats on your new car! Hopefully the fun starts now and no more problems for you hehe

Poor stuff from Pandit though. My Indica is from the same dealer and I did not face any problems during delivery/later with them. But that was a few years ago and perhaps they have become quite shoddy with the new Fiat/Tata multi-tasking.
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:12   #77
BHPian

Completed 2800 kms till date and have done first servicing from Pandit. I will be writing detailed review but due to huge work pressures I'am not able to jot down. Here is the snapshot though-

1. Done trip to Coorg. Total distance ~2200. F.E of 15 with 100%AC on. Road from Karwar till Sulya on NH17 was like dirt track / from village with huge potholes. Rough patch for more than ~150 kms. Some times speed was as low as 10km/hr.

2. Car extremely stable at high speed. Touched 130, but felt like around 50-60. Did not feel like its underpowered.

3. Also very comfortable in city driving. In city getting FE of 13-14 with AC on at all times.

Overall experience is simply awesome. No issues, no niggles. Touchwood.

Will soon write detail review folks.
Old 29th September 2014, 19:30   #78
BHPian

Re: FIAT Linea-Booking experience Pandit Auto,Pune

I would like to revive this old thread and it looks like I'm on a spree of revival of old threads. Honestly I don't want to start off another thread to describe my experience and seek advice.

Fast forward 5 years from the last post from maverickxx2006 Pandit has their own FIAT dealership now. I TD the Fiat Punto evo 1.3 DI and was impressed. The only other dealer Skyauto didn't bother to call me back. So I went ahead and paid a visit to Pandit auto.

The advisor was okay in the communication and sounded to be genuinely interested. I took a friend along with me and managed to negotiate a deal getting the mud flaps, door mats and a 3M body cover coat done by the dealer.

I'll not elaborate on the troubles as I've heard/read enough to make me realize that everyone has a similar story. Once I paid the booking amount the processing for the loan started. What I didn't like was the way they always asked for one or the other doc and said "we've already told you this. you didn't get it ready". It's the same with the RTO process as well.

Finally D-day arrived. I was told they'd do a little puja, sweets..blah-blah. I read the team-bhp PDI; so was in a pleasant mood. I purchased roof rails from them as an accessory for 5700/-. The car looked awesome from a distance and I was happy. I noticed a fine layer of dust. I asked him and he said it's because of the body coat. I was so dumb I didn't ask him for any proof of the body coat.
I then noticed that the mud flaps and mats were not in place. I told them i'll come on 27th, but then changed and said I'll come on 28th. They had a day's time and still they didn't find the time to do it. Now when I asked they said "sorry Sir, tomorrow you'll come for number plate, we'll get it done then".

Such callous attitude. There was no enthusiasm from them; forget the puja they promised. Now for the final touch. I drove to work today and in the evening found that the roof rail developed a crack :(

What should I do? I've constrained myself from not complaining hoping that they'd come right. I was comforting myself saying the dealer is not good, but Fiat's vehicle is. So I'll excuse them. But seeing the crack on the roof rail is stressing me now.
Old 30th September 2014, 17:33   #79
BHPian

To start with, suggest you find out who is Customer Relationship Manager of the dealer, talk to him and write a mail to him demanding action on your pain points while writing deal CRM keep FIAT Customer Service e-mail in the loop.

If this doesn't work, turn towards FIAT Customer Service directly, then, Mangesh or whatever names of senior people that the escalation should go to. The last resort is consumer court

From my experience, Fiat Customer Service (when raised thru e-mail) is generally very good and hope/expect the issue should be resolved at that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
I would like to revive this old thread and it looks like I'm on a spree of revival of old threads. Honestly I don't want to start off another thread to describe my experience and seek advice.

Fast forward 5 years from the last post from maverickxx2006 Pandit has their own FIAT dealership now. I TD the Fiat Punto evo 1.3 DI and was impressed. The only other dealer Skyauto didn't bother to call me back. So I went ahead and paid a visit to Pandit auto.

The advisor was okay in the communication and sounded to be genuinely interested. I took a friend along with me and managed to negotiate a deal getting the mud flaps, door mats and a 3M body cover coat done by the dealer.

I'll not elaborate on the troubles as I've heard/read enough to make me realize that everyone has a similar story. Once I paid the booking amount the processing for the loan started. What I didn't like was the way they always asked for one or the other doc and said "we've already told you this. you didn't get it ready". It's the same with the RTO process as well.

Finally D-day arrived. I was told they'd do a little puja, sweets..blah-blah. I read the team-bhp PDI; so was in a pleasant mood. I purchased roof rails from them as an accessory for 5700/-. The car looked awesome from a distance and I was happy. I noticed a fine layer of dust. I asked him and he said it's because of the body coat. I was so dumb I didn't ask him for any proof of the body coat.
I then noticed that the mud flaps and mats were not in place. I told them i'll come on 27th, but then changed and said I'll come on 28th. They had a day's time and still they didn't find the time to do it. Now when I asked they said "sorry Sir, tomorrow you'll come for number plate, we'll get it done then".

Such callous attitude. There was no enthusiasm from them; forget the puja they promised. Now for the final touch. I drove to work today and in the evening found that the roof rail developed a crack :(

What should I do? I've constrained myself from not complaining hoping that they'd come right. I was comforting myself saying the dealer is not good, but Fiat's vehicle is. So I'll excuse them. But seeing the crack on the roof rail is stressing me now.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:42   #80
BHPian

In the past couple of years, the experience at Pandit Auto has changed "significantly". Especially after it has separated from Tata, the experience has been extremely good and satisfying.

The service center is good, clean and has got a very decent waiting lounge. The quality of servicing is also now very good and I don't see any single point for complaint for my car servicing which I have done at the exclusive Fiat Pandit service center at Bavdhan, Pune.

Thanks to Fiat for the huge improvement.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 21:57   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
To start with, suggest you find out who is Customer Relationship Manager of the dealer, talk to him and write a mail to him demanding action on your pain points while writing deal CRM keep FIAT Customer Service e-mail in the loop.

If this doesn't work, turn towards FIAT Customer Service directly, then, Mangesh or whatever names of senior people that the escalation should go to. The last resort is consumer court

From my experience, Fiat Customer Service (when raised thru e-mail) is generally very good and hope/expect the issue should be resolved at that level.
Thank you for that and I did just that. I shot off an email copying all and I got a call from the dealer. They've asked me for a week's time and I was obliging as I was going home for Dussera. I've returned from a 3000km trip and it went well. I'm still a bit sentimental to say everything was good
I'll put in those details in my first thread. I've contacted my advisor yesterday about the roof rail. Also I've noticed a minor wheel misalignment, but probably it can wait for the first service.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:37   #82
BHPian

When you face such problems being shy/conservative/unduly furious doesn't help, the rightway is to boldly share your painpoints across the table (maintaining a good balance of assertive, polite, circastic, professional language) following the established escalation channels.

Glad it worked for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Thank you for that and I did just that. I shot off an email copying all and I got a call from the dealer. They've asked me for a week's time and I was obliging as I was going home for Dussera. I've returned from a 3000km trip and it went well. I'm still a bit sentimental to say everything was good
I'll put in those details in my first thread. I've contacted my advisor yesterday about the roof rail. Also I've noticed a minor wheel misalignment, but probably it can wait for the first service.
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:23   #83
BHPian

FYI.

The best FIAT dealership so far in Pune is closing down on 31-Aug-2015. Yes, Its Pandit Auto -FIAT , showroom @ Model Colony and Service Centre in Bavdhan, both will be shut. Its a non profitable business for Pandit servicing Fiat

Now, we all FIATians will be left at the mercy of Skymoto and Jay-Vijay, we are all aware of the past bad feedback about Jay-Vijay and current quality of Skymoto servicing.

Really
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:58   #84
BHPian

I visited the Pandit Automobiles service station in Bavdhan yesterday and to my surprise only one lady was sitting there just to inform people that they have shut shop. This includes the body workshop next door.

Now I am worried as my 60,000km servicing is coming up and that involves a major overhaul. I haven't had any experience with Jay-vijay or Sky Moto, so don't know where to go.
Old 2nd September 2015, 18:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post

Now I am worried as my 60,000km servicing is coming up and that involves a major overhaul. I haven't had any experience with Jay-vijay or Sky Moto, so don't know where to go.
If your car is out of warranty, you would be better off finding a FNG of a good repute.
Old 2nd September 2015, 18:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
If your car is out of warranty, you would be better off finding a FNG of a good repute.
Hi Vinit,

Thanks. Could you recommend anyone in Bavdhan and nearby areas.
Old 2nd September 2015, 19:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post
Hi Vinit,

Thanks. Could you recommend anyone in Bavdhan and nearby areas.
Can't help you there. I stay at the other end of Pune so no clue about Bavdhan.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:17   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
FYI.

The best FIAT dealership so far in Pune is closing down on 31-Aug-2015. Yes, Its Pandit Auto -FIAT , showroom @ Model Colony and Service Centre in Bavdhan, both will be shut. Its a non profitable business for Pandit servicing Fiat

Now, we all FIATians will be left at the mercy of Skymoto and Jay-Vijay, we are all aware of the past bad feedback about Jay-Vijay and current quality of Skymoto servicing.

Really

This weekend I was about to book Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 in Pandit Auto, Pune. When I asked today they said, it was closed last month due to very poor sales. :(

I swallowed brave pill and made my mind to go for Punto Evo but this news comes to me as a shocker :(

Hi Guys

How good are Jay Vijay motors and Sky moto automotive in Pune (both sales and service) ?
I am thinking of buying a different brand which is against my heart's decision still I am looking for some answers.

Last edited by amvj : 22nd September 2015 at 15:46.
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:11   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Hi Guys

How good are Jay Vijay motors and Sky moto automotive in Pune (both sales and service) ?
I am thinking of buying a different brand which is against my heart's decision still I am looking for some answers.
Hello amvj,

nikhil0405 has recently picked his Linea MJD from Pune. Iam not too sure on the dealership. You can talk to him regarding his experience and if you are comfortable you can proceed with the brand & the dealership.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 10th October 2015, 19:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
This weekend I was about to book Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 in Pandit Auto, Pune. When I asked today they said, it was closed last month due to very poor sales. :(

I swallowed brave pill and made my mind to go for Punto Evo but this news comes to me as a shocker :(

Hi Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello amvj,

nikhil0405 has recently picked his Linea MJD from Pune. Iam not too sure on the dealership. You can talk to him regarding his experience and if you are comfortable you can proceed with the brand & the dealership.

Cheers,
pdma.
Sorry guys. Just saw this thread. I was one of the last customers of Pandit. I had some experience at Jay Vijay and found them allright. They also have aggressive pricing. Reports on fiat caffe are not very encouraging though I do not have first hand experience.

@avmj, in case you have decided in the punto, I would say go for it. Pune has a large number of fiats and fiat will not ignore a big customer base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks