Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:59   #1
BHPian

FIAT Linea-Booking experience Pandit Auto,Pune

We had booked FIAT Linea Emotion Pack - Petrol with Pandit Auto on 16th July. At that time the dealer said the car is in stockyard and iwe we want immediate delivery then we need to submit the entire amount for the car. We thought that since the car is ready anyways we went ahead and paid entire amount to the dealer.

I had told the advisor that before registration, we want to do PDI in stockyard, he said thats fine and we can come on 23rd July. When I called up the advisor, he said that the car is not in stock yard and has not been ordered from FIAT. We were like shell shocked!!!

Just last week the same guy said the car is lying in stockyard and if you dont pay the amount the car will be given to someone else.And now after paying the entire car amount the bugger is saying that the car is not in stockyard and need to be ordered from FIAT and will take more time around 1 month.

I felt really cheated and taken for a ride and gave him an earful.

Iam really not sure what to do. I have shot off a mail to Mangesh Kudalkar from FIAT and told him the situation, waiting for his reply.

Iam not sure if I can cancel the booking now as I have paid entire amount.

Please advise.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

they have clearly goofed up and is not even apologetic about it?!!!

1) Speak to the adviser and insist on speaking to the top guy there. Do not take 1 month as an answer despite whatever justification they give
2) Record all audio conversations
3) Escalate to FIAT Immediately and also send a link to this discussion page in TBHP.

good luck!
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:14   #3
BHPian

I wonder how FIAT hopes to revive itself with this kind of dealers.

And if this is the situation even during sales, what will be the state of A.S.S?

They better act on these kind of reports/issues - blaming the partner is not going to resolve the problem.

Last edited by pmbabu : 22nd July 2009 at 18:16.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
they have clearly goofed up and is not even apologetic about it?!!!

1) Speak to the adviser and insist on speaking to the top guy there. Do not take 1 month as an answer despite whatever justification they give
2) Record all audio conversations
3) Escalate to FIAT Immediately and also send a link to this discussion page in TBHP.

good luck!
Forget any apologies, Mr Sachin the advisor is not even ready to commit where the car is and about delivery date. He said Mr Kulkarni who is the manager will call me and he cant do anything more now. Buggers.

I feel like shooting a mail to Rajeev Kapoor and demanding my money back with interest.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:21   #5
BHPian

A very poor attitude shown by the dealer. These dealers bring bad reputation to the company on the whole.

Cancel the booking immediately and demand a full refund. Either approach another dealer or think about another car.

@FIAT,
If you are listening, either take immediate action against the dealer or forget any real revival in India.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Cancel the booking immediately and demand a full refund. Either approach another dealer or think about another car.
This is a good suggestion. If the other dealer is better (and be careful before paying money next time), move on.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

These dealers actually Make or Break a company. Its totally company's responsibility to make sure all the dealers are up to the mark after all they are company's interface to the outside world. Immediately shoot a mail to TATA and FIAT and report this dealer.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:44   #8
BHPian

This is totally unacceptable.

1. Speak to the GM of the dealership and threaten cancellation.
2. Escalate to Fiat

In any case, if they don't really have a vehicle in stock, ask them to return money (they should only hold onto booking amount:50k). Why is it taking 1 month now-a-days? It should take 10-15 days that's it.

The cancellation trick will work and most probably they'll give someone else's car to you. Just like they did with yours.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:55   #9
BHPian

Got a call from Mr Joshi from Pandit Auto and he said that they had invoiced the car but company took it back as there was some colour defect and they will be giving new car. He said that Punto and Linea are having similar white colour hence confusion

Now this reply is even more worrying.

1. How can be there a painting defect in new car?
2. Did the quality check department not locate it before passing it out?
3. How can they invoice defective car to dealer?
4. What the hell Punto's white colour has to do with Lineas?

What the hell is this? I' am stunned with the dealers attitude and with FIATs quality check.

Definitely some where something is fishy going on between dealer and FIAT.

I'am really thinking to get my money back. Tomorrow morning I will tell the branch manager.

BTW I' am still waiting reply from FIAT.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:58   #10
BHPian

My hope of FIAT India revival is slowly and steadily receding !

I had strongly suggested one of my close friend to go for Punto just yesterday. Now I myself have serious doubts.

Many members here are suggesting to cancel booking and demand full refund. But, once the money is in the hands of the dealer, its as good as gone !

Mavericx, I wish this thing is resolved quickly to your satisfaction.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

That a fiat was recalled for a painting defect - I find very unbelievable. Bigger lemons have been unloaded onto unsuspecting customers. Sounds too good to be true IMHO.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Simply cancel the booking and demand all the money back immediately. The transparency is not good. I wonder if at the end of the day they are able to provide a good car or not. They are not transparent and honest. Visit the dealer and thretean them involvement of media. I dont think that emails will work or not.

Go to any other dealer, but dont trust this one. Next time be cautious.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:02   #13
BHPian

Please dont jump the gun, there is nothing wrong with the company or the car. its dealers like these that got the bad repute for Fiat products. I am shocked that Pandit Auto, which I presume is so famous in Pune, is handling this way.
Just be patient I am sure the company personnel will get back to you shortly.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:03   #14
BHPian

I think the existing white in Linea (vocal white) is being discontinued because punto's white is different than this shade.
Apparently they were having confusion with 2 white shades.

But maybe pandit is bluffing too. They might have given off to someone and are just bluffing.

And regarding paint problems and QC, I had color-mismatch with my bumpers (later rectified under warranty), so Fiat has to improve in this aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Now this reply is even more worrying.

1. How can be there a painting defect in new car?
2. Did the quality check department not locate it before passing it out?
3. How can they invoice defective car to dealer?
4. What the hell Punto's white colour has to do with Lineas?

What the hell is this? I' am stunned with the dealers attitude and with FIATs quality check.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Some of the dealers really suck in their attitude towards customers!

Maverick, since you have already escalated to Mangesh, just wait for his response.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks