Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 19:31   #1

Arya Honda flicked my Accord spare tyre? EDIT: Now solved!

Dear all,

Am in a fix and need help and advice.... I bought a Honda Accord 2.4 VTi from Arya Honda last September 2008.

Gave it for three services and it came back all well; twice at Lalbaug and once at Bhandup. Then I had an accident and sent it for repairs to their Reay Road workshop where it was for a period of 14 days.

I got the car back a week ago and sent it for service back to their Bandhup service center. When I went to collect the car the service advisor told me that there was a "cut" on the spare tire of my car.

Now a simple examination of the tire shows it was never used and has not even been removed once by me.

Looks like this was caused as an accident at their premises or exchanged at some point. Or the car was sold to me this way, but every service when they refill air in the spare tire someone might have noticed it.

What options do I have? I have put in a complaint about this to Arya honda. Yet to hear back from them!!!
Old 25th July 2009, 00:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

you can check the manufacture date or lot number written on the tyre. it should match with the other four.

i assume you have never rotated the fifth wheel. and also in the accident the tyre was not changed/damaged.
Old 25th July 2009, 08:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you have never changed the wheel, there are no chances of it getting damaged.

Tell you dealer that he has to replace it for free. You have not used it and there are very little chances of getting the spare wheel damaged in case of an accident.
If the manufacturing date are not matching, just tell your dealer to replace the tyre for free. Its next to impossible, but this pressure mounting will make him realize that you are aware of the tyre not being damaged.

BTW, IMO this thread should be here : Indian Car Dealerships - Team-BHP
Old 25th July 2009, 13:22   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As Sir Alec posted, check the manufacturing date & batch number of your tyre. See if it matches the other 4 running on your Accord. If no, I'm afraid your spare tyre has been interchanged, in which case drop an email to Honda. If yes, either it was that way from day one or Arya Honda have damaged it. They ought to replace the tyre.

Shaman Motors - parent of Arya Honda - have developed an inconsistent reputation of late. Even though I was satisfied (just about) with their quality of service on my Indigo, their reputation made me switch over to the Tata Motors company owned workshop at Worli. I had used Arya Honda once for my OHC Vtec. While their problem diagnosis, turnaround time & charge were reasonable, I still went back to Linkway Honda for scheduled services. Just have a better comfort level with them. Linkway has taken care of my OHC's scheduled maintenance for 6 years now, while sister organisation Auto Hangar treated my Merc exceedingly well for the 3 years that she visited them.
Old 25th July 2009, 14:44   #5
BHPian

Did you raise the issue with Honda One2One ? if not please do it ASAP. i am sure you will get a prompt response.

1800 113 121 or 011 39898918
Old 25th July 2009, 18:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Please observe the spare tyre tread for any tread wear. If there is wear then go back to honda with a formal compliant. You have a strong case there. If there is no wear and still if you believe the tyre may not be yours (Check the tyre manufacturing date, brand etc. and match it with other 4) then file a compliant with these info. Thirdly even if the spare is same month manufactured and unused tyre file a complaint with the honda dealer stating that the dealer personnel have abused and damaged the tyre. You are entitled for asking for a free replacement.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:03   #7

Pls advice on how to check the tyre manufacturing lot and date. Is it written on the tyre wall?
Old 11th August 2009, 21:11   #8

Hi,

Just checked the tyre and the lot number and all serial numbers etc match the same batch. So the spare tyre is the same one that was given with the car.

Now Arya honda service manager etc just claim that nothing happened from their end and it must be something to do with me.

There is also rim damage upon getting it examined by the Bridgestone (tyre company). So I am pretty sure they have manhandled it!

I tried filing a complaint with Honda Siel Mumbai and a Mr. Majid Ali is supposed to respond to me. 48 hrs and two follow ups later I am getting no response.

PLEASE advice on a escalation procedure and what to do.
Old 15th August 2009, 20:56   #9
srinivas9446

hi,

there is nothing much you can do about this.....since you dont have any solid materialistic proof ....verbal things are not accepted...

Accept it with a pinch of salt & forget it.

i suggest dont waste anymore time on this.

BYE

Old 15th September 2009, 16:12   #10

Hi all,

There is an update and good news.

Arya honda was not being too useful but then I escalated the matter to Honda Siel, Mumbai. They forwarded my case to Mr. Abid Ali who is the service manager and handler for Arya Honda cases that come to Honda Siel.

He took up the matter personally and a few days later I get a call from the service manager Mr. Mahesh Palve stating that Arya Honda would replace my tire.

Few days later I got a brand new tire fixed on the rim. Apparently the rim damage was nothing worth looking into and was only a tiny scratch showing paint gone off.

Now I am yet another satisfied customer of Honda!!!!!

WELL DONE I MUST SAY!
Old 15th September 2009, 18:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the success. Kudos to Honda for their actions, although they did take their own sweet time..
Old 15th September 2009, 18:59   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news!

Now, if we could get Skoda to read this thread...

Old 16th September 2009, 15:35   #13
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeLLe View Post
Hi all,

There is an update and good news.

Arya honda was not being too useful but then I escalated the matter to Honda Siel, Mumbai. They forwarded my case to Mr. Abid Ali who is the service manager and handler for Arya Honda cases that come to Honda Siel.

He took up the matter personally and a few days later I get a call from the service manager Mr. Mahesh Palve stating that Arya Honda would replace my tire.

Few days later I got a brand new tire fixed on the rim. Apparently the rim damage was nothing worth looking into and was only a tiny scratch showing paint gone off.

Now I am yet another satisfied customer of Honda!!!!!

WELL DONE I MUST SAY!
Dear Faelle,

Great to hear such good news.

enjoy !

Old 16th September 2009, 15:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Good news!

Now, if we could get Skoda to read this thread...

I'm sure they've already read this

Congrats FaeLLe
Old 16th September 2009, 17:01   #15
BHPian

If you can, take your business elsewhere. The Arya Honda is ex Shaman Motors which used to service FIAT cars. I had bad experiences with them. They used to charge me for 2 units of flush every time I serviced my FIAT with them. But on one occasion, I stood with the mechanics and he used only one unit, but lo and behold, the bill of materials showed 2 units.
Secondly, the service advisor will add elements to your job card and not give you details unless you very pointedly ask for price and the reason.
e.g. he will mutter under his breath something like injector cleaning and you will be hit with 1500 Rs in your bill.
Stay away from them as much as you can.

Most Viewed