Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 12:07   #61
Team-BHP Support

My friend got the new Civic Auto delivered last night. YSR's death created a ripple effect in processing registration etc.

Some pics of the old car. There were around 4 civis, 3 anhc's, 2 new honda accords, one ohc vtec and rest nhc's. Mainly body shop jobs.

Civic submerged at Dakshin Honda EDIT: Now resolved-dsc00207.jpg

This pic is from the side road. Behind me is the lake. Imagine is flowed past all these cars to collect at the basement 300 mts away. The cars packed haphazardly in the fore ground are the damaged cars - obviously they could not be parked properly

Car looked okay from the outside untill you open the door

Civic submerged at Dakshin Honda EDIT: Now resolved-dsc00208.jpg

Civic submerged at Dakshin Honda EDIT: Now resolved-dsc00209.jpg

Civic submerged at Dakshin Honda EDIT: Now resolved-dsc00210.jpg

Last edited by ajmat : 8th September 2009 at 15:27.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:18   #62
Team-BHP Support

Now for the numbers - with only 7500km on the clock, we estimate that the market value be Rs 9.5L. Similar aged Civics with 40k were asking 9.0L. Remember this is the V version so 9.5 was a fair amount.

Initial offer was
New Civic AT price 16,06,000
IDV or Market Value - (8,50,000) (actually is was around 7L) DH made it 8.5L
Net payable 756,000
Discount 100,000
Net Payable 656,0000

Additionaly they would settle foreclosure loans etc. My friend is paying EMI's on both his house and car and one needs to realise Civics are now 2L more than two years ago and he had not planned for this. So it was either bite the bullet in terms of cost (new Civic) or bite the bullet in terms of status (buy an ANHC). He calculated that if he could pay around Rs 5.5L on preferential interest terms, he could manage. Am not aware of final figure, it was around the 6L range partially financed + free tints asnd rust proofing.

Guess he is back to near normality - both have made losses but constructive confrontation and particpative discussions to resolve asap shows the strong customer centric attitude.

@ SGIIT - agreed - skoda - eat your heart out!
Old 8th September 2009, 14:43   #63
BHPian

In your first post you mentioned that there were a few cars that were damaged including your friend's civic. How is DH handling the other customers.

Also, were there any new cars (yet to be registered/sold) that were damaged. Folks buying a new Honda from DH should take note of this incident.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ajit,

It seems to be a fair deal both to your friend as well as Dakshin Honda

how well a company handles disputes with its customers is key in building the reputation of the company and trust with current and future customers.

in that way, Dakshin Honda has does evry well to protect its reputation.
i do not know how much Honda has supported DH ? I hope thy get support to re-start the dealership/workshop etc.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:26   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
In your first post you mentioned that there were a few cars that were damaged including your friend's civic. How is DH handling the other customers.

Also, were there any new cars (yet to be registered/sold) that were damaged. Folks buying a new Honda from DH should take note of this incident.
I have no idea - my guess is that people who make a reasonable case will get a decent deal.

No new cars were affected. These become property of the insurance co. Won't be surprised if Honda even buys the salvage and disposes of it or deals with insurance company to ensure proper salvaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

in that way, Dakshin Honda has does evry well to protect its reputation.
i do not know how much Honda has supported DH ? I hope thy get support to re-start the dealership/workshop etc.
DH have certainly done their bit to uphold Honda's reputation. Am sure Honda will support them some way
Old 8th September 2009, 17:00   #66
BHPian

What do the dealership guys do with these cars? Anyone any idea?
Old 8th September 2009, 17:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Deal concluded - a new White Civic auto at a good discount. I'll post hard figures once we get delivery.

Well done Dakshin Honda for closing this quickly and ensuring top management focus

that is awesome service from Dakshin Honda. i prefer our members suggest Dakshin Honda if anyone needs buy a Honda or VW.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

This is fantastic news. Being a Civic owner myself I can very well imagine what the owner went through. I'm glad that the management has taken the right initiative in helping their customers.

Shows with the right people what can be done. I'm sure Whitefield Honda is aware of this news and step up on their customer care front.

Yes, this should be forwarded not only to Skoda but other Honda dealers in places like Pune, TVM etc to show them what can be done.

Wow a new Civic AT is 16L. Unaffordable now :(
Old 8th September 2009, 19:21   #69
BHPian

what about transferring the old car?will it be transferred to dakshin honda or will it be on your friends name only?make sure this is taken care of.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post

thank you for the warning. i was to buy a honda but now that you have mentioned it, i will never buy it from dh.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:05   #71
Team-BHP Support

There were no new cars. All customer cars in the body shop.

If you look at the interiors - no amount of cleaning will get car to look new anyway
Old 9th September 2009, 11:21   #72
BHPian

Glad Dakshin did replace with a new car. That's great and they are good. The top management is quite prompt on any complaints that are escalated to them and they do write back to the emails very promptly. I am quite happy with their service and hope they stay the same.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:12   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
thank you for the warning. i was to buy a honda but now that you have mentioned it, i will never buy it from dh.
I find this attitude disturbing and shows immaturity on our part as customers. In fact I would urge people to use this dealership. If they are professional enough to attend to this they are not looking for quick gains by palming off old cars as new. As to question of what they would do with old cars? There is a vibrant second hand car market where these could be disposed off.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:40   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have no idea - my guess is that people who make a reasonable case will get a decent deal.

No new cars were affected. These become property of the insurance co. Won't be surprised if Honda even buys the salvage and disposes of it or deals with insurance company to ensure proper salvaging

DH have certainly done their bit to uphold Honda's reputation. Am sure Honda will support them some way
Well said ajmat. I agree wholly that Dakshin Hyundai have definitely reduced the trauma that might have ensued during this period for your friend. I truly appreciate their professionalism in coming forward to solve the issue amicably and vice versa to your friend too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I find this attitude disturbing and shows immaturity on our part as customers. In fact I would urge people to use this dealership. If they are professional enough to attend to this they are not looking for quick gains by palming off old cars as new. As to question of what they would do with old cars? There is a vibrant second hand car market where these could be disposed off.
+1 to what sudev has to say, I wish hollywoodhogan would have read clearly ajmat's post which clearly mentions that this unfortunate incident happened at their body shop and not at the yard where the new cars are stored. Dakshin Honda IMHO has done well and I only hope and pray other leading manufacturers/dealers take a leaf out of their book and get back to the old world ethics and morals where customer satisfaction was considered prime.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:42   #75
BHPian

Ajmat you did not update on the transfer of ownership on the old vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks