Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 14:20   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Actually in other forum, he was suggested by other members to claim lot of goodies from dealer including alloy wheels for this extra running of car but dealer is not offering that much of goodies, therefore more frustration.
=========================
You can put guns!on your shoulder for me but try to take deep breath and think about it.!
-I have thought a lot about it and one thing I have realised is this episode would probably be too small and too irrelevant with passing of time.
-If this thread would even help a handful of people in assisting them to come out of the car showroom after their delivery with a smile would make my day!
Old 20th August 2009, 14:25   #92
BHPian

That sure was a bad expirence, but thinking about the same all the time will not help now, I suggest put the past behind and enjoy your car now. By the way we just picked up a Vista Saffire 1.2 with 57 kMs on the odo, around 10 days back.
Old 20th August 2009, 15:21   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Actually in other forum, he was suggested by other members to claim lot of goodies from dealer including alloy wheels for this extra running of car but dealer is not offering that much of goodies, therefore more frustration.
In other forum he has written that Fiat has already fired dealer and dealer has already apologized for that and had explained that how it was driven so much.
I am sorry for writing this but this remains the fact.
Most of us do like to take delivery of new car as soon as possible and push dealers very hard and in that process many things happen, I do not like elaborate here but we all know about it.
You can put guns on your shoulder for me but try to take deep breath and think about it.
@ Shivashara

Actually was in two minds to reply to this but here goes anyway:

in other forum, he was suggested by other members to claim lot of goodies from dealer including alloy wheels for this extra running of car but dealer is not offering that much of goodies, therefore more frustration.

- Well as you yourself said, it was suggested by others to ask for freebies,did i ask for it?! but after paying full cash do you think it really matters getting 2-3k worth of accessories?I care two hoots for the compensation they offer.No the frustration is because of the service dished out.Its because we are taken for granted and assumed to accept any lie told blatantly on our face.

In other forum he has written that Fiat has already fired dealer and dealer has already apologized for that and had explained that how it was driven so much.

-Yes I have again mentioned in my report that FIAT has instructed the dealer to give explanations and i was waiting for the same when I wrote my experiences and the explanations on odo is not there even today.

I am sorry for writing this but this remains the fact.

- Whats the fact?

Most of us do like to take delivery of new car as soon as possible and push dealers very hard and in that process many things happen, I do not like elaborate here but we all know about it.

[Are you indicating that I asked to be delivered a car that was probably used for TD?Seth I had visited their showroom close to ten days prior to booking and taking delivery of the vehicle.Did i push the dealer to lie to me at each and every stage even if just a simple answer would have made things better?
Old 21st August 2009, 08:28   #94
BHPian

Rajini,

I guess we discussed enough on the dealership and the way they treat customers who come to buy their dream car with their hard earned and saved money.

I know i am sounding bit off topic but waiting for your ownership review and pics of you car, have you taken your car out for a long drive how does she feel, has she put a bright smile on yor face yet???
Old 21st August 2009, 08:55   #95
BHPian

Rajini,
It's time to leave the past behind.When we buy a car it is a dream come true for most of us.In the dream there are no problems.But the real world is a lot different.The dealership could have disconnected the odo if they wanted to and you would not have known.I dont think 100 kms of running would have affected the car at all.But nevertheless they should'nt have done it.Punto is a good car and handles pretty well too.Congrats man!Enjoy your ride and looking forward to more pics and reviews...
Old 21st August 2009, 09:40   #96
BHPian

Re-iterating what others have also said, but still worth mentioning.. one company that sells the second most inexpensive to one of the top range cars actually behave identically with all customers across the range. I bought a Wagon R, my bro bought a Alto and a friend has a SX4 (top end) and we all three get the same courtsy and the same attention, nice na? No wonder Maruti Fans are a proud and satisfied lot!
Old 21st August 2009, 09:46   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Rajini,

I guess we discussed enough on the dealership and the way they treat customers who come to buy their dream car with their hard earned and saved money.

I know i am sounding bit off topic but waiting for your ownership review and pics of you car, have you taken your car out for a long drive how does she feel, has she put a bright smile on yor face yet???
The ownership review would be up by sunday.Planning to pen it down tomorrow.Have taken couple of pics.Planning to take more of exterior and interior's also.
Took the car on a pretty long drive from Chennai to Kumbakonam and back.So yea thats a good memory!
Old 21st August 2009, 09:46   #98
BHPian

Rajini,

The CAR is an excellent choice! The DEALER "was" lousy. "Was" because you have the option (and have already used it), to associate with another dealer. So now forget the temporary, initial setback on the experience and look towards the long term joy that the Fiat Punto will provide. I agree with you 100% regarding the frustration and irritation, but then jo ho gaya usko bhulne mey hi faydaa hai. Please do not carry the Dealer's luggage for too long yaar.

I loved the idea of one member of re-presenting the car to your wife in the proper manner. This is an opportunity oin disguise, as I see it now.
Old 21st August 2009, 09:53   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
I care two hoots for the compensation they offer.No the frustration is because of the service dished out.Its because we are taken for granted and assumed to accept any lie told blatantly on our face.
I agree with you completely. It is just another day at the office, and one more customer to attend for the show room guys, but a very important land mark event for the customer. Just try to put it behind you and let it not mar your enjoyment of the car. That is what I did. After all, what is 150 KM in the life of an engine that can last for at least 150K KM, which you may never use up!

What irked me was the smooth talking of the sales guy, I would not have minded the straight dope. When I confronted him, he immediately went and opened the bonnet,bent inside for a moment and closed it immediately. I was standing behind the car and before I realized it the bonnet was closed. He said "Sir, it is not disconnected, I just checked it. We can take it for a spin and check if you wish". I asked him calmly if he had re-connected anything and he said with a hurt look "Sir,I just checked it. It is not easy to connect the speedo cable, for that I will have to go under the car or raise it up on a ramp". When we took the car out, sure enough the speedo worked and he said tongue in cheek that probably it had showed 71 KM and I had mistakenly noted it as 81 KM.

As soon as we returned to the show room, I sent this guy off and took the car straight to the service workshop inside the premises. I caught hold of a service adviser, played naive and requested him to show me what is what under the hood. While he was at it, I asked him where the speedo wire was connected and sure enough, he showed me by dosconnecting / re-connecting it a couple of times. It is reachable very easily.

I confronted the Manager after this and he gave me the facts to pacify me. I had followed the TBHP advise of being friendly with the sales people, taking a gift for them and not being bossy etc to the letter. But this incident had irked me like anything and I wrote a stinker on the score card they gave me to fill! The next time I go to buy a car, I will be bossy and pushy like hell from the word go!
Old 21st August 2009, 22:06   #100
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I agree with you completely. It is just another day at the office, and one more customer to attend for the show room guys, but a very important land mark event for the customer. Just try to put it behind you and let it not mar your enjoyment of the car. That is what I did. After all, what is 150 KM in the life of an engine that can last for at least 150K KM, which you may never use up!

What irked me was the smooth talking of the sales guy, I would not have minded the straight dope. When I confronted him, he immediately went and opened the bonnet,bent inside for a moment and closed it immediately. I was standing behind the car and before I realized it the bonnet was closed. He said "Sir, it is not disconnected, I just checked it. We can take it for a spin and check if you wish". I asked him calmly if he had re-connected anything and he said with a hurt look "Sir,I just checked it. It is not easy to connect the speedo cable, for that I will have to go under the car or raise it up on a ramp". When we took the car out, sure enough the speedo worked and he said tongue in cheek that probably it had showed 71 KM and I had mistakenly noted it as 81 KM.

As soon as we returned to the show room, I sent this guy off and took the car straight to the service workshop inside the premises. I caught hold of a service adviser, played naive and requested him to show me what is what under the hood. While he was at it, I asked him where the speedo wire was connected and sure enough, he showed me by dosconnecting / re-connecting it a couple of times. It is reachable very easily.

I confronted the Manager after this and he gave me the facts to pacify me. I had followed the TBHP advise of being friendly with the sales people, taking a gift for them and not being bossy etc to the letter. But this incident had irked me like anything and I wrote a stinker on the score card they gave me to fill! The next time I go to buy a car, I will be bossy and pushy like hell from the word go!

guys,

i feel everybody are more bothered about how much the new car has done before taking delivery......are all aware that the engine alone is RUN IN at the factory level for 8000kms before it is mounted to the chassis...what are we trying to discuss here...the whole discussion is pointless about the ODO reading.

gansan,

it always pays to respect people...this is my personal experience...you always get DOUBLE in return the way you treat others...there is saying which says that " TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED"...SO please

Old 21st August 2009, 23:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
are all aware that the engine alone is RUN IN at the factory level for 8000kms before it is mounted to the chassis
8000 km??? Thats news to me!!!

Running at engine for the equivalent of 8000 kms would required at least 400 ltrs of fuel / per engine!! (assuming avg of 20 kpl)

400 ltrs = Approx Rs. 20000.....

Dont think so buddy

Last edited by AbhiJ : 21st August 2009 at 23:23.
Old 21st August 2009, 23:31   #102
BHPian

huh. again its back to ground zero. First Punto has not lived up to the hype. Blame it on Fiat. Let them first learn the basics.
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
guys,

i feel everybody are more bothered about how much the new car has done before taking delivery......are all aware that the engine alone is RUN IN at the factory level for 8000kms before it is mounted to the chassis...what are we trying to discuss here...the whole discussion is pointless about the ODO reading.

Then should we assume henceforth that the odo factor is not really of significance?!
My thinking is : Let the car run as many as many kms in the controlled environment of the factory.But when actually run lets take an example say in the hands of a person doing a test drive then its different even if that guy drives for like 3-4 kms.
The other thought is: Is it wrong to expect a brand new car for the money we are paying?Else if these points are meaningless then we should change our whole mindset of a new car.

gansan,

it always pays to respect people...this is my personal experience...you always get DOUBLE in return the way you treat others...there is saying which says that " TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED"...SO please
hmmm remembered this saying ' Fool Me Once, Shame On You. Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me!” i think we need to be diplomatic and respect them as much as they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Running at engine for the equivalent of 8000 kms would required at least 400 ltrs of fuel / per engine!! (assuming avg of 20 kpl)

Dont think so buddy
8000 kms -- cant digest that.Possible but maybe lesser kms.
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:28   #104
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Dont think so buddy
Abhi,

why you dont think so, when you are paying for it when you make the payment to buy the new car !

what i have mentioned is VERY VERY AUTHENTIC...Since my close engineering friend works with HYUNDAI R & D in Chennai.

Are you aware that all new product are road tested extensively for few months even before the manufacturer releases the name of the product.

400 litres is negligible !!!

Buddy,

we pay for all the expenses borne by the company ! mind you....nothing comes for free in life.
Quote:
hmmm remembered this saying ' Fool Me Once, Shame On You. Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me!” i think we need to be diplomatic and respect them as much as they do.

Rajini,

why you dont think so, when you are paying for it when you make the payment to buy the new car !

what i have mentioned is VERY VERY AUTHENTIC...Since my close engineering friend works with HYUNDAI R & D in Chennai.

Are you aware that all new product are road tested extensively for few months even before the manufacturer releases the name of the product.

400 litres is negligible !!!

Buddy,

we pay for all the expenses borne by the company ! mind you....nothing comes for free in life.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd August 2009 at 21:45.

Old 22nd August 2009, 21:42   #105
srinivas9446

Quote:

Rajini,

The manufacturer advises a RUN IN of 1000kms not for the engine , but for the other moving parts in the car. Its often mistaken by people RUN IN is only for the engine..i bet you can consistently maintain a high speed in the new car...nothing will happen with the engine.

keep in touch.

bye

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks