Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 17:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
@McLaren Rulez
Thanks for your wishes!

@ Gilead
Whats with TAFE?Everyones seems to take a guess and hit the target bang on!!

@ amitoj
No issues yet!The day after the delivery.While I was driving, the car suddenly gave a jerk and stopped and the engine coolant temperature gauge reached the red mark and gave a warning sound.The car stopped and in a couple of seconds the gauge was back to normal and i started the car and drove again!It has never happened again!Apart from this when reversing the car tends to stop even if the clutch is fully depressed.Have to check this out.Else all ok.
So it IS TAFE? Man, you didn't do your research about the dealership. TAFE was a Hyundai dealer, who were closed out by Hyundai because they modified a lower variant and sold it off as a higher variant (or something like that- there is a thread in Team BHP)!

Me and fellow BHPian neoranjit went to TAFE when Linea was launched. I was looking to buy a car then, and when we asked for a TD, they didnt have one. When I looked at the Vista, and asked for a TD, they didnt have one. neoranjit told them that I am genuine buyer, so please organize a TD if possible- and the sales lady reacted in a way not even a petty shop owner will- anger, et all! And we walked out...
Old 19th August 2009, 17:48   #62
BHPian

[quote=jaaz;1440004]I
And with delivery of New Ambassador, the Car was not supposed to be taken Home or for Puja but to a nearby garrage for rewiring, doors work, Welding Joints, Electrical work etc.,

Ha Ha!That was a good one!In this age with all the technology available its a wonder how these people think they can get away with anything!
Old 19th August 2009, 17:50   #63

bad dealership, dishonest people, sick. I say hindsight is always 20 20 so just enjoy the car as other folks have already told you,
try this:
take your wife to a nice restaurant, arrange for the car to be cleaned, polished and gift wrapped like new while you are dining, and surprise her after the dinner with the keys, and remember this date as the day you bought the car.
-Anuj.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:53   #64
BHPian

Hey congrats on the new car. I hope yours is the first 1.2 Active on Team-BHP.
Forget the past and the things which went bad with the dealer and move on enjoying your vehicle.
Do post the detailed ownership review.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the ANHC just close to a month ago so surely have it yet!
What I meant was, when you feel sad about your Punto just look at the City and smile. It might make up for what you suffered at the hands of the dealer.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundi View Post
bad dealership, dishonest people, sick. I say hindsight is always 20 20 so just enjoy the car as other folks have already told you,
try this:
take your wife to a nice restaurant, arrange for the car to be cleaned, polished and gift wrapped like new while you are dining, and surprise her after the dinner with the keys, and remember this date as the day you bought the car.
-Anuj.
You know thats one of the best ideas I have ever heard!
Wow wish I could do that!Will see if thats possible!Hats off to your thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
So it IS TAFE? Man, you didn't do your research about the dealership. TAFE was a Hyundai dealer, who were closed out by Hyundai because they modified a lower variant and sold it off as a higher variant (or something like that- there is a thread in Team BHP)!

Me and fellow BHPian neoranjit went to TAFE when Linea was launched. I was looking to buy a car then, and when we asked for a TD, they didnt have one. When I looked at the Vista, and asked for a TD, they didnt have one. neoranjit told them that I am genuine buyer, so please organize a TD if possible- and the sales lady reacted in a way not even a petty shop owner will- anger, et all! And we walked out...
Yes it is TAFE! Had never heard of such a thing happening with a Hyundai dealer!Sounds unbelievable!
The customer orientation in the showroom is the pits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanitha View Post
Hey congrats on the new car. I hope yours is the first 1.2 Active on Team-BHP.
Forget the past and the things which went bad with the dealer and move on enjoying your vehicle.
Do post the detailed ownership review.
Thanks!Yea seems to be the first!Though it will feel good to have more on t-bhp.
Yup the review will be up in a day or so

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th August 2009 at 18:07. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 19th August 2009, 18:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

What an experience... when will these dealers learn that customer is king?

I don't mean to be offensive, rajini, but i feel you made two mistakes:

1. You didn't note the engine/chassis number when you did your PDI. Noting the number is essential in keeping your sanity when dealing with dealers. Without this, all you'll here are excuses from their side.

2. You should not have accepted the car. Why should you get some weird version when you have paid for a new car? Also, I don't know how this special arrangement of them offering to take car of your car will work - If the GM changes your deal might not hold.

Anyways, congrats for the car and do post pics and a review about how the 1.2 engine handles - there is a scarcity of reviews about it.

------

Another thing to other members, you guys seem to take fiat's dealers actions lightly in comparison to the stuff that skoda dealers do.

I mean, if this incident regarded a skoda dealer, there would have been a mob with torches

Last edited by anekho : 19th August 2009 at 18:34.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:35   #68
BHPian

In hindsight, the car has been registered and delivered. the issue is just 100kms of a probable abuse.I would forget fighting it out with a company like FIAT and dealer like TAFE, I would take it to a different dealer for first service ..sit back and enjoy your priced possession.

BTW.. what happened to the scratch ? Apologies if it has already been discussed.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:37   #69
BHPian

Wow. What an experience. All this seems a bit Skodaish!!!
These are the things that Fiat needs to work on now. A few bad dealers like this can undo a great product like Punto. Fiat did the first part correctly by bringing in world class cars. Now is the time to put their head down and get their basics right with prompt after sales support and honest customer service. Once the work of mouth advertising gets going, there will be lots of many new customers. Time for the hard grind for Fiat i guess now in India.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car...convey this message to your beter half.

Forget the past and move on....
Old 19th August 2009, 19:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

This is one horrifying experience.
I can understand why you took the delivery of the car though.
IMO you must escalate this matter to all top official including the CEO of Fiat.
The issue is just not 100 kms etc on the car, its the experience which has left a bad taste in your mouth.

Like many members i too feel you must have taken all that in writing first and then the delivery of the car.
Anyways, congrats on your new car and i hope the ownership experience is better
Old 19th August 2009, 19:14   #72
BHPian

I think in the interest of the rest of the BHP-ians you should seriously consider naming the Dealer.

Atleast people dealing with this particular dealer will now be vary of such happenings.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
I think in the interest of the rest of the BHP-ians you should seriously consider naming the Dealer.

Atleast people dealing with this particular dealer will now be vary of such happenings.
Quote:
The posts not approved yet -- the dealer is TAFE
He has already done it. TAFE.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 19th August 2009 at 19:21.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car buddy...

Think of the experience as water under the bridge...

120 kms does not matter. Just get your car serviced elsewhere and forget about it, enjoy the new car.

p.s. The PDI guide on Team BHP is priceless. I did the PDI as per guide and hence possibly avoided a lot of trouble.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:33   #75
BHPian

I dont think I am ever buying a FIAT after so many such examples. They possibly have no concern of what goes on in the customers mind when a new car is being delivered to them. They have no hassles in spoiling this great day for the customer and they do it pretty well actually. This is disappointing coming back home empty handed on the delivery day. Nothing can set this right at all. It is a moment thats lost forever and FIAT is proving itself to do this all the time. Imagine not calling the customer till 5 pm on the D-Day. Scary FIAT..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks