Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 20:17   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Gilead : TAFE has a certain well deserved reputation in Chennai. Too bad you did not know about them before you put your hard earned money down.
TAFE - Skoda
TAFE - Tata
& now :

TAFE - Fiat

TAFE sure has a reputation. Their tractor manufacturing, selling & servicing genes seem to be too deeply embeded.

@Rajini, suggest you move away from TAFE for your future requirements - esp for servicing. & Hope the worst is over & done with now. Wishing you both the best with your car ..

Last edited by condor : 19th August 2009 at 20:19.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

i want really want to hear what FIAT has to say on this.

Shouldn't they learn something, as FIAT was nearly dead due to such practices long ago.

Down south does TATA dealer sells fiat or They have a separate entity.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:23   #78
BHPian

[quote=anekho;1440093]

I don't mean to be offensive, rajini, but i feel you made two mistakes:

1. You didn't note the engine/chassis number when you did your PDI. Noting the number is essential in keeping your sanity when dealing with dealers. Without this, all you'll here are excuses from their side.

- True I missed out noting the numbers.Never expected anything like this or even thought this was possible!

Anyways, congrats for the car and do post pics and a review about how the 1.2 engine handles - there is a scarcity of reviews about it.

-I have seen just a write up on the 1.2 any apart from that nothing, so will make mine count.Will be up soon.
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
In hindsight, the car has been registered and delivered. the issue is just 100kms of a probable abuse.I would forget fighting it out with a company like FIAT and dealer like TAFE, I would take it to a different dealer for first service ..sit back and enjoy your priced possession.

- Thats done.Concorde would do the servicings.

BTW.. what happened to the scratch ? Apologies if it has already been discussed.
- The scratch was made good by TAFE.You cant notice it unless you really really knew where it was.Its virtually invincible now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
This is one horrifying experience.
I can understand why you took the delivery of the car though.
IMO you must escalate this matter to all top official including the CEO of Fiat.
The issue is just not 100 kms etc on the car, its the experience which has left a bad taste in your mouth.

- True its the experience which mattered.The shock of being at the receiving end of people for whom it would seem only the greed of money speaks.

Anyways, congrats on your new car and i hope the ownership experience is better
- Thanks!!

[quote=AbhiJ;1440211]Congratulations on the new car buddy...

Think of the experience as water under the bridge...

120 kms does not matter. Just get your car serviced elsewhere and forget about it, enjoy the new car.

- Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

@Rajini, suggest you move away from TAFE for your future requirements - esp for servicing. & Hope the worst is over & done with now. Wishing you both the best with your car ..
Yes the servicing would be done elsewhere and thanks for your wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
i want really want to hear what FIAT has to say on this.

- FIAT would stand to cut a sorry figure as long as dealerships like these dont change their work ethics!

Shouldn't they learn something, as FIAT was nearly dead due to such practices long ago.

- TATA dealers sell FIAT
Old 19th August 2009, 23:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Tata dealers sell Fiats in the south as well.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

Rajini,

I hope things improve for you. I hope you email Mr Rajeev Kapoor personally. As the CEO, it is ultimately his responsibility - there are WAY too many rude bumpkins masquerading as dealers!

If his email cannot get people to sort out things - he should quit and the company needs to be shut down. This self-destructive behavior is only digging Fiat's own grave
Old 20th August 2009, 10:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I don't mean to be offensive, rajini, but i feel you made two mistakes:

1. You didn't note the engine/chassis number when you did your PDI. Noting the number is essential in keeping your sanity when dealing with dealers. Without this, all you'll here are excuses from their side.
Related topic. When I took delivery of my Alto, I noted down both. I inspected the car the day before it went to RTO. It was OK. The odo reading was 81 KM, but most of the new cars at the dealership had readings around this figure, so I did not mind.

But I found the speedometer was disconnected when I went back to see the car after it came back from the RTO, when the registration was over. The odo reading was still 81 KM, whereas the round trip to the RTO from the dealer was about 7 KM. I became very angry and confronted the manager. He admited frankly the speedos will be disconnected around this figure to prevent them crossing the 100 KM mark. He said cars are sometimes unloaded at Trivellore rail head and driven to the city, and even moved from one yard to another in the city occassionally, resulting in higher odo readings. He assured me there was no way a new car will be given for test rides. It was their bad luck that I noticed this fact, not many people do. The speedos will be connected and every thing will be ship-shape at the time of delivery.

I had to believe him, because when I had demanded a test ride before buying, it was politely but firmly declined by the show room guys as a demo car was not available. The car is otherwise very nice. The show room is ABT Maruti, Guindy.

Last edited by Gansan : 20th August 2009 at 10:57.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:58   #82
BHPian

^^ i have no clue on the speedo disconnect process - but if dealers can disconnect and put it back, so can regular people then.
Also if i take my car to some other dealer for servicing or check-up will they catch this tampering, so that one can screw the dealer the car was purchased from?
Old 20th August 2009, 11:58   #83
Senior - BHPian

Most dealers have stock yards outside city limits and drive from there to the showrooms. Now unless they disconnect the odo the cars will show a few kilometers.

Yesterday I saw a convoy of 4 ANHC's from Nerul going to the Shaman showroom in Prabhadevi. I know they were going to Shaman because 2 of them had Shaman stickers on them. The distance should be approximately 30 - 35kms.

What this means is that if your car shows 25kms on delivery day, it doesn't mean that the car was genuinely driven for that many kms. Most of the times the odo is disconnected and majority of us don't know how to spot a tampered odo.

Last edited by amit : 20th August 2009 at 12:00.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:57   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ i have no clue on the speedo disconnect process - but if dealers can disconnect and put it back, so can regular people then.
Also if i take my car to some other dealer for servicing or check-up will they catch this tampering, so that one can screw the dealer the car was purchased from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Most of the times the odo is disconnected and majority of us don't know how to spot a tampered odo.
I innocuously asked a mechanic at the show room to show me where the speedo wire is connected and he did. In MPFI cars, it is connected to a sensor on the engine. And it is not tampering, strictly. It can be removed or reconnected in a jiffy, not like the old cars at all, where the cable had to be connected at the bottom of the gear box and one required to go down under the car and use allen keys.

Even if taken to another workshop it can't be found out unless the car was used for a few thousand KM and then the odo was brought back to a lower reading, which is tampering without doubt.

Last edited by Gansan : 20th August 2009 at 12:58.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:13   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Related topic. He admited frankly the speedos will be disconnected around this figure to prevent them crossing the 100 KM mark.
I agree with you totally.Even the manager at my dealership said that if we would have disconnected the odo then you would never have known the car had run so much and you would have been none the wiser!This is the reply he give when you ask them for a reason on the odo running!

But then why dont we experience this say with a Hyundai or a Honda.Last eight years I have been driving various brands but till FIAT never had a negative opinion on anybody!
Old 20th August 2009, 13:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
He admited frankly the speedos will be disconnected around this figure to prevent them crossing the 100 KM mark. He said cars are sometimes unloaded at Trivellore rail head and driven to the city, and even moved from one yard to another in the city occassionally, resulting in higher odo readings.
I agree with you totally.Even the manager at my dealership said that if we would have disconnected the odo then you would never have known the car had run so much and you would have been none the wiser!This is the reply he give when you ask them for a reason on the odo running!

But then why dont we experience this say with a Hyundai or a Honda.Last eight years I have been driving various brands but till FIAT never had a such a negative opinion on anybody!
Old 20th August 2009, 13:20   #87
BHPian

^^ well what do you know then - they are free to disconnect, use it as a test drive mule for 5 days and then connect it back. Who is going to question - all the pdi list fails, as you only see reading of measly 20 kms or so!
Old 20th August 2009, 13:46   #88
Shivashara

Actually in other forum, he was suggested by other members to claim lot of goodies from dealer including alloy wheels for this extra running of car but dealer is not offering that much of goodies, therefore more frustration.
In other forum he has written that Fiat has already fired dealer and dealer has already apologized for that and had explained that how it was driven so much.
I am sorry for writing this but this remains the fact.
Most of us do like to take delivery of new car as soon as possible and push dealers very hard and in that process many things happen, I do not like elaborate here but we all know about it.
You can put guns on your shoulder for me but try to take deep breath and think about it.

Last edited by Shivashara : 20th August 2009 at 13:47.

Old 20th August 2009, 14:08   #89
BHPian

This is the same dealer and still not over!!

Guys, this is the same dealer who is trying his antics with me.

Check below my thread,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...buse-fiat.html

Few things which I haven't mentioned in my thread.

1. The dealer somehow dragged the delivery till night.
2. When I saw the car in the morning, the interiors were dusty.
3. And Yes, I still have the clutch play, I have decided to live with it instead of dealing with some insane morons.
4. The pad at the top corner of rear seat was delivered broken.
5. The wipers made a lot of noise and the blade rubber is now stuck on the windshield.

I dread to go back again to this dealer, so I'm actually living with it.

I think it's the responsibility of Fiat India to check all these things, but I'm sure now, they will never learn..

Apart from these issues, I just love my car, it's a beauty and absolutely an awesome car to drive, but, I can only pity for her... May Fiat RIP...
Old 20th August 2009, 14:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

It is high time Fiat-Tata eliminates fraud dealers like TAFE....!

Most Viewed