Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 17:13   #16
MCR
BHPian

Hello All,

Advaith Hyundai does not own up to the Mistakes their Service personnel do.
I had given my Santro for Service after hearing some squeaking noise from the car. This noise was audible only when i drove over the pot holes or Bumps. Suspecting some problem from teh underbody, i visited the Advaith Hyundai service station and met their Service advisor Mr.Suresh. He drove the car and told it will take some time for him to check and solve the problems. I acknowledged this fact and recieved a job card from him. At 2.30PM he called me and i visited the showroom at 3.15 Pm. Mr.Suresh told me that this noise was from the Bumper and I had to take the car to Body shop to sort out the problem and he left the place immediately. I was handed over key by the security person and i signed the register as per the sercurity persons insistance.

I sat in my car and tried to sart and immediately the Autocop went off. Then i came outside and tried to lock the car but the car would not lock and the autocop would sound every time. Then i went in seach of Mr.Suresh and complained this to him. He was speaaking on the mobile and very redely asked me to wait. Then i waited for some ten minutes but he would not come. I got really pissed off with this and asked the other persion standing nearby to look into this. Then he called aelectrician and that electrician was a total unprofessional fellow and took 45 mins to set the autocop right. In the mean time i asked for the service Managers number and nobody gave me his number. Thinking everything would be ok i drove back home.

Same evening i was driving to bangalore and near mandya it started to rain. I tried to turn on the wiper but voila the wipers would not turn on. Due to heavy rain i had to park on the bye lane with great difficulty . Luckily noting happened to me and my family. We had to return back to mysore after the rain stopped(2 hrs).3

Then in the morning my dad called Hyundai and wanted to spean to the Service Manager and his Name is Mr.Babu. He spoke in a very rude way to my Father and claimed his service person did not do any wrong. Lated my Father told Mr.Babu that he would complaing to the Police about this. Then Mr.Babu some what came to sense and tried to pacify my father that he would try and solve this problem and hung up on us.

On same day i calle dhyundai customer care and registered this complaint. Till now(almost a month now) i have recieved no feedack from Hyundai. In the mean time i got the wipers fixed at Hyundai body shop.

So people who say Hyundai service is good, pls note that Hyundai customer care said they would get bavk to me in 2 days and till this time i write this piece, they have not got back to me.

Rgds,
Manoj
Old 10th September 2009, 10:58   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
They service a HUUUGE number of Hyundai cars and there is bound to be a complaint or two occassionally.
2 cases here:

1. My friend took delivery of an i20 in Goa in 18 days flat. On the 26th of August 2009.

2. One another forum member here in Kerala books a CRDi i20 even before it is launched and gets delivery in 8 weeks.

Hyundai doesn't like Advaith anymore?

The sales manager in Advaith is purely massaging his ego.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:10   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocratic50 View Post
Me: I would like to talk to somebody higher in Advaith
R: No body sits here.
Me: Where does MD sit?
R: Residency road office.
Me: Thank You.
Let me know if you want contact details of one of the Directors in Advaith.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
2 cases here:

1. My friend took delivery of an i20 in Goa in 18 days flat. On the 26th of August 2009.

2. One another forum member here in Kerala books a CRDi i20 even before it is launched and gets delivery in 8 weeks.

Hyundai doesn't like Advaith anymore?

The sales manager in Advaith is purely massaging his ego.
Spitfire, there are many many variables in this. Colour, specs, engine, variants, etc...

Secondly, I'm not defending Advaith blindly. In this case, they messed up. No two ways about it. However, all I'm saying as educated intelligent members of the community, we need to look at things in a rational manner without generalising about any one particular dealer and saying "it is crap'' or something.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:43   #20
BANNED

My ex boss in Mumbai also had issue with Hyundai dealership check this link.
Hyundai/i10 Complaints - Non-delivery of Hyundai i10 after 32 days
Looks like even Hyundai in not bothered about their customers.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:18   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Spitfire, there are many many variables in this. Colour, specs, engine, variants, etc...
It comes in 1.2 only right? Asta or (O) is the one bought more then the rest i think, about color this is not the time of FIATS and AMBASSADORS. Does Hyundai "paint" cars as per orders?

Quote:
Secondly, I'm not defending Advaith blindly. In this case, they messed up. No two ways about it.
Then why the attitude - take or leave it, once they have got his booking amount.

Quote:
However, all I'm saying as educated intelligent members of the community, we need to look at things in a rational manner without generalising about any one particular dealer and saying "it is crap'' or something.
A car purchase is the second biggest purchase for a middleclass Indian (I am one), for a few it may be the only instance ever in their life.

Hyundai or Advaith maybe selling billions of cars in India for all I care. But for me my car is an individual purchase - treasured and paid through hard work. If they are screwing it up for me its crap for me. Simple.

Did the thread initiator get any more news on his booking?
Old 10th September 2009, 21:20   #22

Let me give some positive updates from my side.

As Nikhil said, Advaith is aware of Team-Bhp. After I posted my conversation with sales manager, Mr. Ajay Singh from Advaith called me. He said sorry for whatever happened. I asked him to give me the correct reason for delay. He agreed with me that answers given for delay (Strike, Festivals etc) by Sales manager are not correct. I asked him to clarify that they have not delivered any Berry Red i20 1.2 to a person who booked after me. As promised, he called me back and agreed that there is a lapse on their part and they delivered two berry red i20s to customers who booked after me. I am happy that at last some body owned their mistake. He made sure that I got my car yesterday (waiting for registration).

Nikhil, coming to your point on why I am shocked when sales manager was ready to provide Hyundai contact ID. I am shocked by way he told me that. It is like, "nothing will happen to us. We are right." I would have been happy, if, instead of Mr. Ajay, sales manager agreed their mistake. Instead he tried to fool me by showing some excel sheet.

Top management at Advaith seems to be very professional. But they are unable to bring the same level of professionalism to lower rung. This I feel is very much true atleast at ORR showroom. My guess is that none of the Advaith's management sits at this showroom.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:38   #23
BANNED

Congrats on the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocratic50 View Post
Let me give some positive updates from my side.
Good to hear.

Quote:
As promised, he called me back and agreed that there is a lapse on their part and they delivered two berry red i20s to customers who booked after me.
Ah... It was all hogwash from the start.

So is the Sales Manager being taken to task? Not that you need to bother.

Quote:
We are right." I would have been happy, if, instead of Mr. Ajay, sales manager agreed their mistake. Instead he tried to fool me by showing some excel sheet.
That's all we are asking for as customers. Delays are fine, we will agree if they are genuine.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:08   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on your car.

Good to hear that someone was ready to own their mistake.

But, all this should have ideally happened without anybody from the Management intervening.

Edit : I bought a Hyundai car from Advaith in 2000, and the transaction went through very smooth.
However, when I went back to them in 2006, they left me with bitter taste.

Last edited by MuraliR : 11th September 2009 at 15:11.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:25   #25
BHPian

aristocrat 50!i am happy your problem is solved.i would like to share it here that i spoke to 1 of the MD's about this case on wednesday & he only said thanks to inform.i am sure he has something to do with this good deal.i did not want to write this till i did not get the response from you.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that a happy solution has come.

Congrats on the new car, Aristrocratic50.

Unfortunate that someone from top has to get involved in what should have been, and is, a day-to-day dealing by the staffs! Looks like the passion of the management has not flown to the floor.

I hope Advaith gets things in order. Their name is coming up for all the wrong reasons, even though it is getting resolved after an escalation. If only it happened the right way the first time.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

hey, good to hear + from your side and getting hold on your new uber cool beauty.Sometimes yes the staff does this practise unless someone raises their voice or knows higher level people of that dealership to take things smooth.But lately good news around and awaiting to hear your experience and post pictures too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks