Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 22:19   #1

Advaith - ORR, Bangalore taking too long to deliver my i20

Buying experience of i20 1.2 Asta at Advaith showroom, Outer ring road, Bangalore

After I decided to have a look at i20, I went to Advaith showroom on outer ring road because it is near to my place. I am very much happy with the way we are attended at the showroom (comparing to my experience at a Fiat showroom). Sales executive showed us the car, explained all the features and offered us a test drive. I was very happy with the experience and also with the car. I booked the car exactly 6 weeks back by making a payment of 20000 rs. Later on I paid them 15000 more as they said it is required for processing my loan. Before they started processing the loan amount, I have to call them around 5 times to get my loan documents and to start the processing. I am disappointed by the number of calls I have to make before this processing started. But I am happy with the way they collected all my documents at my home with out giving me any trouble. Infact, sales representative never picked my call first time and always messaged me saying that he will call me back. But he never called me back. I always called them minimum 2 times before I could talk to them (I think this the experience some other Bhpian had with Advaith ORR showroom guys). It is exactly opposite to the way they used called me till the time I booked the car. I am also happy with the way freebees are offered to me. I got everything I wanted

Now comes the worst part of my experience. I am told that my car will be delivered in 6 weeks. They will try to do it in 4 weeks. Sales representative said, “Under promise, over deliver”. Now 6 weeks are complete and still not having any clue on my car delivery date. Excuse given is Berry Red is very demanding colour! Since the third week of August, I am always informed that next week it is coming! I went to the showroom yesterday and asked the sales representative to give me a date… he said he will call me back in one hour. As expected, no call. I called him today morning. I got a SMS saying that he will call me back. Today evening I called him again. He picked up the phone this time and said he is sick and on leave. He said, he will confirm my delivery date tomorrow by talking to logistics people.

This is my first car and when see posts here that people from Bangalore got their i20 delivered in 4 weeks, I feel very bad. I have decided to cancel my booking as I don’t want to deal with these guys again for servicing and other things. Tomorrow I am going there to talk to showroom manager to share my piece of mind and then cancel booking.

Any advice from experienced folks?
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents.

Cancelling your booking now will not be very beneficial to you. You have already put time, money and heartache into this..

Walk into the showroom, and demand meet the customer service head / GM. Wait if you have to, calmly. Then calmly explain the situation to him, and demand a complete explaination, a confirmed delivery date, AND if things go your way some freebees!!

The above accomplishes 3 things
1) The sales guys will get in trouble
2) You will get priority (hopefully)
3) You will not loose more time before getting your car.

If the Customer Service Head/GM refuse to help, tell them you require a cancellation immediately. Also mention that you ll be raising this issue in internet forums + write to Hyundai.

I got my Berry Red i20 CRDi Asta in exactly 4 weeks of booking from Mukesh Hyundai, Kolkata.
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

For all I know of Advaith, they will read this thread today. Just take a printout of this to Advaith. They are aware of TBHP.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
For all I know of Advaith, they will read this thread today. Just take a printout of this to Advaith. They are aware of TBHP.
Great, hope it works out.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think this is the second thread on Advaith. Some other member too was pissed with them. Whats up Advaith ? Google is still up and running for other Hyundai showrooms.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:13   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

prince pervez --- Given the HUGE number of Hyundai customers and only two dealers(albeit with many more showrooms), there is bound to be a few complaints regarding both Advaith and Trident.

You cant single out anyone as being bad. What I've seen is both are very professionally run organisations. Of course there are hiccups. That is normal. They also have human beings working for them. It's human to make mistakes.

I totally sympathise with aristocratic50 as you really dont want such an experience to ruin the new car happiness. But that doesnt mean all of us can reach a conclusion like "Advaith is bad" or "trident is bad".
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

this is a perfect case of bad communication between sales guy and sales manager. Sales guy in his enthu would've told you a date but only on the overconfidence of a certain red i20 being in transit. he may have kept his manager ill informed. in the meanwhile , the "advaith allocated" red i20 may have been allotted against some other sales guys' customer. your sales guy will not tell you this part of the story will he.
now the next i20 will take time coz it is a good seller and being in this quagmire, your sales guy is killing time in the hope of hearing some sweet news of somebody cancelling it real soon.
trust me. been there done that. i was part of nandi toyota as a sales guy and eventually asst manager and I know how it works. stop talking to your sales guy. its no use. talk to the sales manager and ask him the real picture and the true delivery timeline. If you find the sales manager's story unconvincing, go to the GM. things get sorted out only if you go higher up the rung.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:54   #8
BHPian

i totally agree with nikhil.advaith hyundai is a proffesianlly runed company.
i think you should just put this situation in front of the MD of advaith who is a gentleman & will surely give you a instant reply to what next has to be done.i got my first hyundai in 1999 from advaith & a couple more after that & we never had a problem.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:08   #9
BHPian

Well, I have a slightly different experience. A good friend wanted to book i20, and asked me to accompany him to Advaith, ORR. The salesman was least interested in talking to us even before we made the booking (and he was consistent through the delivery process as well). Of course we could've gone to Trident, but that is a different story.

And, BTW, the disinterested salesman did get the car (Berry Red again) ahead of schedule. Since my friend was particular on the date of delivery, the car was kept at the yard for a week or so. It seems to have some minor scratches which were noticed post-delivery, we are hoping the car didnt serve as a personal transport while it was supposed to be parked in the yard. I feel sorry not to have accompanied him for the delivery, or, we would have caught those scratches.. :(

Coming back to your problem, you must escalate it to GM of the dealership and if it doesn't work out to Hyundai.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:10   #10
BHPian

@14000rpm is right and is also experienced.

Follow his advice
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:17   #11
BHPian

Talking to the sales manager in itself might suffice in you getting a clear date. they said 6 weeks. It's more than six weeks now. So when you escalate there should be a proper response. One more promise and delivery date missed you are entitled to vent your spleen on the MD as well, but not before that. Patience till then.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
@14000rpm is right and is also experienced.

Follow his advice
trust me mate, I've been through hell myself when we had just come out with the corolla.
for me , its Deja VU.
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:51   #13

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Here I am with more updates. All bad ones.
People who don’t have time to read complete thing, let me summarize.

It will take another 3 weeks for my car delivery. So, it makes 9 weeks waiting period for i20 1.2 Asta (Berry Red). Reason is Vinayaka chaturdi, strike at Hyundai and Hyundai launching new i20 models. They are ready to provide me the contact mail ID of Hyundai and I can send them an e-mail. They are not bothered

Now the detailed experience:
My sales representative called me in the afternoon and said next Wednesday a batch of i20s are coming and he will make sure that I will get one. I said, I would still like to talk to sales manager and understand why there is a delay and to whom are you people delivering all the cars. He said he will inform his manager.
I went to the show room and told the lady that I want to meet sales manager. She asked me to wait and with in 2min I was sent to the first floor where Mr. Roshan (sales manger) sits. Again I am impressed!

R: Take you seat
Me: Thank You. I booked i20 asta exactly 6 weeks back and still no clue about delivery date (didn’t finish)
R: calls some body and tells my name and asks him when I will get my car. He puts the phone tells me that I will get in another 2-3 weeks.
Me: (Shocked.. as sales representative said next week. But didn’t say anything) I would like to come to the delivery date later. I would like to understand why there is a delay of 6 weeks?
R: 6 weeks is normal waiting period for i20.
Me: Are you sure that i20 is not delivered to some body who booked after me?
R: Yes. I can show you those details if you have time
Me: Definitely.
We went to some other room where some guy is sitting in front of a PC with some excel sheet open. I got a feeling that this whole thing is staged as they know I will be coming
R: Show him those details on i20 bookings.
That guy opens some sheet and shows my name along with date of booking.
R: see this. There are guys who are waiting for more than 100 days.
Me: (thinking…where are they from?)
R: your name is 8th in the list and you will get it when your turn comes. May be in another 2-3 weeks.
Me: Then why are you telling the people that it will take 6 weeks. R: There is festival in between and there is strike at Hyundai and Hyundai launching so many i20 models. Because of that delay is there.
Me: There is a festival every month in India and there is also a strike every month at Hyundai
R: Everyday is a festival in India (laughs)
Me: Ok. What is the waiting period you are telling the people who are booking the car now?
R: 6-7 weeks.
Me: What about festivals?
R: Yaah. It will take more time because of dussera, dewali etc
Me: Then why are you telling 6-7 weeks?
R: (Blank face)
Me: You say you haven’t delivered any i20 (Berry Red) in 100+ days?
R: Yes
Me: Whom are you delivering the car standing outside?
R: (looks at other guy…. He tells me some name.)
Me: Can I ask him when did he book his car?
R: I will find out. He calls some body and says 58days back.
Me: Can you show me the same in your system.
R: Yes (very confident) and orders the other guy to show that to me.
He shows me something which has got booked date as some day in August!!!
Me: What is this?
R: This is all internal. This is how we raise invoice. Not the day on which you book etc… some gyan on how much they pay to Hyundai even though we (customers) pay small amounts etc..
In between I got irritated and said something. He said “Let me complete”. As it is my mistake, I said “sorry, continue”)
Me: I am not bothered about all these details. Will you be able to show me data on who all booked i20s after my date of booking and what is the status.
R: No. We don’t have such information.
Me: you say it will take another 3 weeks.. that means 9 weeks!
Me: Why did sales person told me that next week some vehicles are coming
R: No. We will not have any information like that. We will not even know how many cars are coming. It will take 2-3 weeks.
Me: Ok. You say, it is getting delayed because of Festival, strike and so many i20 models.
Me: I am not happy with your answer. I would like to talk to some higher-ups
R: (Looks at the other guy) Give him the Hyundai mail Id. (Looks at me) You can send a mail to them.
Me: (Shocked) Ok. I know the mail Id. I can do it myself and I know whom to contact and where to put my buying experience.
R: (sarcastically) Sir knows the mail ID. Leave it.
Me: I would like to talk to somebody higher in Advaith
R: No body sits here.
Me: Where does MD sit?
R: Residency road office.
Me: Thank You.
I came down and enquired with the lady who is the showroom manager at ORR show room. She told me Rohan and some other name.

Now, experienced folks tell me what should I do?

Nikhil, I saw your posts in some other thread regarding Advaith looking at Team-Bhp and responding etc. When searched on internet about both Trident and Advaith, I found complaints on both. But I saw your posts and I went with Advaith instead of Trident. Not blaming you, but will you able to help me in escalating to this to some one at top there in Advaith?
Old 9th September 2009, 00:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
aware or afraid of tbhp?
Old 9th September 2009, 10:16   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Frankly, I dont know. However, I dont think they need to be afraid of TBHP. They generally give outstanding service. Mistakes and mix-ups are bound to happen. I really feel bad for aristocratic50 as he's wasting a huge amount of time and energy running after them, but I wouldnt call Advaith crap just because of one or two bad experiences. They service a HUUUGE number of Hyundai cars and there is bound to be a complaint or two occassionally.

@aristocratic50 ---- Yours seems to be a simple case of miscommunication or the salesman overpromising. While I understand your frustration, you must understand that the top management at Advaith are not the ones who make the cars and if they are not getting a Berry Red colour i20 Asta 1.2, they cannot do anything.

There is nothing to be shocked with the fact that he was ready for you to email Hyundai. Shows that they are not hiding anything. I dont understand why you got upset or shocked at that statement of his. It is out of his hands and he must be thinking that you might be more comfortable hearing the same thing from Hyundai officials.

Frankly, I see the fact that they allowed you to meet the Sales manager as a good sign.

I'll be happy to help. Do PM me your name and phone number. Let me pass them on and see what happens.

Quote:
I have a feeling that sometimes these issues are blown out of proportion.

With all due respect to dr fate, ( I dont know the full story, so cant really comment on your particular case), but we at tbhp somehow play up these issues.

There are of course some issues that are outrageous. Like the Metro Ford totalling a Fiesta issue and the TAFE ACCESS Skoda repair issue...

But cmon, the other issues are quite minor and out of the thousands of members of tbhp, hardly a handful have had a bad experience with the dealer.

I think that is a part and parcel of the industry. My sympathies with the people who had bad experiences. I guess they just had some bad luck.

But you cant expect a 100% satisfaction rating anywhere.

Lexus is considered to be one of the best companies when it comes to A.S.S but even they acknowledge that 100% is impossible.

So, I dont think we should start judging companies on the basis of one or two isolated incidents.

but of course, this doesnt mean that we sit back and let them take the consumer for a ride. Just that we should react in a sane manner and not blow things out of proportion.

@Dr Fate --- Good to hear that you at least had a good experience with Ravindu Toyota. Congrats on your new purchase !! Hope your mom likes her gift

An earlier post of mine related to this from here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post316946

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 9th September 2009 at 10:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks