Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 09:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

The bubbles in paint usually come during the rainy season because of moisture in air pressure line.
Its always better to avoid getting a paintjob done during rainy season.

Last edited by kpzen : 17th September 2009 at 09:23.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Looking at the pictures, perhaps Sunrise is using distemper instead of paint. They are near my home.
Yeup just a km from my place too. But never gonna use their paint job services ever in future.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

same thing happened to me at FIAT service center :( .... they painted the one side both doors 3 times, its been 6 months i guess it will work this time.

i guess most people are not even bothered about these problems and don't even notice thats how these people get away ....
Old 17th September 2009, 11:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

At the risk of sounding like an old record, I gave my Corolla for painting on 3 panels to Galaxy, Motinagar, Delhi in 2/2009. It was given on Friday and was expected to be completed by Monday. However, it was delayed by a day. Reason: the service advisor called me on Monday and said that the paint quality on 1 panel was not up to the mark, and they were repainting that on Monday followed by a complete rubbing and polishing of all the car. This was verified by me also.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Gave the car today to sunrise for FOC repainting job on the bonnet and fender, I asked them to drop me back to my residence, just 1.5 kms away in Mayur Vihar 2, they promised me to do so, kept me waiting for one hour, and finally they told, Sir, we don't have any driver so we cannot drop you back. I have to take a bus back.

So much for their courteousness.

Rating: 0 /10.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Got my car's rear bumper painted at Sunrise Hyundai. Few days went by and the paint started cracking.
Hi, the 'paint peeling on bumper' could actually be stress marks.

There must have been a small bump sometime in the past and the bumper painted. IMO, there is no cure for the stress marks, it does not matter how many times you paint them or the quality of paint work. They will always re-appear
Old 17th September 2009, 16:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

For me, this episode has certainly reduced the ease of service which I could expect from a Hyundai purchase. This service station is nearest to my home, and would have been convenient for servicing any Hyundai car that I could have purchased. However, this ease is no longer relevant.

I think there is MGF hyundai service (or some other) in Patparganj Indl Area (this area sales/service outlets of nearly every auto manufacturer).
Old 17th September 2009, 18:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi, the 'paint peeling on bumper' could actually be stress marks.
The guys themselves make sure to repair any of these stress marks before painting right? So they should have done the needful before painting.

@vasudeva: Apart from MGF, you can try out Samara in Patparganj Ind area. They serviced my earlier car (santro) upto my satisfaction.
Old 18th September 2009, 18:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back, paint bubbles gone totally (thank god), interiors very dirty I gave with spanking clean interiors and I do not have time and energy to fight with them again. I didn't even tell them to wash the car.The bubbles were removed by "heating the paint surface in the paint booth and removing it" without the need to repaint the panels (what I was told). I am already sick and tired . Bye bye sunrise.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Got my car's rear bumper painted at Sunrise Hyundai. Few days went by and the paint started cracking.

Immediately after observing this, called up the SA and gave him an earful.

Got the bumper repainted by them FOC!

Pics attached:
A road side garage will do far superior job then these bunch of jokers at their so called A.S.S. a roadside guy will charge you far far less then these fellows who are sitting in theire AC cabins and give directions to workers.
A road side guy will not do spray painting even if he obsereve that there is moisture in the atmostphere. Advise to you all never never go to A.S.S. for touch up paint jobs, accident jobs,go to them only if there are parts which are not available in open market needs to be replaced.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am more concerned with the finishing aspect and none of the garages/ *** give you the perfect finish, as I have suffered from the rear door issue earlier.

But how many of you still think that a roadside garage which paints in dirty dusty environment will give you a better finish than a car painted in a so called dust free paint booth?

, seems like I have to clean up my car's interior with DIY dry cleaning using a clinic all clear shampoo and a shoe polish brush. trust me, it works.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Got the car back, paint bubbles gone totally (thank god), interiors very dirty I gave with spanking clean interiors and I do not have time and energy to fight with them again. I didn't even tell them to wash the car.The bubbles were removed by "heating the paint surface in the paint booth and removing it" without the need to repaint the panels (what I was told). I am already sick and tired . Bye bye sunrise.
As of now bubbles have gone but they will reappear after some days or months, since you say they have not repainted it.
Same experience I had with my Omini in Mumbai but I made them redo the whole process again and refused to take the car from them,also I informed their Maruti Regional office in Mumbai about the service I got from their dealer. But it is no use as all are hand in glove and all they need isthis
Old 19th September 2009, 23:59   #28
BHPian

i have had a similar experience with samara hyundai at patparganj . gave them my accent crdi and they painted both of my doors on the driver side after about a month the paint turned yellowish and was noticeable. had to really have a long argument with them before they accepted to do the job again. Infact a guy near my place in the open does a better job, though a little expensive from the other road side guys still does a better job .
Old 27th September 2009, 15:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
, seems like I have to clean up my car's interior with DIY dry cleaning using a clinic all clear shampoo and a shoe polish brush. trust me, it works.
Good to hear you got your car back. please explain the bold part

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks