Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 15:15   #16
BHPian

I have purchased my Sumo Grande from Pandit automotive pune. Those sales representative guys sitting are useless fellow. Although i Stay in Mumbai my native place comes in pune district and i had to registered the vehicle in my name only. I had submitted My pan Card copy, electricty bill of my native place which carries my father's name and an affidavit from lawyers stating that i leave in pune only, this had served my purpose a year back.
Old 21st September 2009, 15:48   #17
BHPian

What is WAP registration?

I am facing a similar problem here in Delhi.
The dealer says i need to have a PSU bank account with current address
or MTNL or electricity bill in my name.

Letter from company and lease agreement is not acceptable.

Dont understand if I am an Indian citizen with proper ID ( pan card / passport / driver liscense and IT returns) why cant i buy and reg a car anywhere in India with my current address as temporary and my permanent address both mentioned on the reg. Thats what other countries do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
I have the same issues in getting my Punto registered in Thane RTO. I have given the dealer Airtel Bills but he is saying RTO wants MTNL or BSNL bills. The options he is giving to me is

1. Get the Original Lease Agreement for the Rental Flat (its with the Landlord)
2. Get atleast the original Electricity, MTNL or BSNL bill
3. Go for WAP registration by paying another Rs.4500.

Any suggestions?
Old 21st September 2009, 16:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Apologies for the weirdly worded thread title. I did not want to make it too long.

Thanks a lot for the replies.

We do have a rent agreement. But Mr.Sachin Patil of Pandit Auto claims that the RTO requires a permanent address proof along with the rent agreement.

Someone in Pune who has recently bought a car might be able to throw light on wether this is required at all.

We also have landline bills from Tata Tele. We have also obtained a residence proof from his company's HR rep.

I do not understand why just a rent agreement does not suffice.
On Saturday, I was checking out the Palio Stile 1.6 (with no intention to purchase :-)) at B U Bhandari Auto, all the sales rep asked for was the 'leave and license agreement' and the 'electricity bill'. If Pandit are too hell-bent, give B U Bhandari a try. Good luck with your process further.

Edit: Just read your other post that most of the things are sorted out. Many congratulations on the purchase. Cheers!

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 21st September 2009 at 16:06.
Old 21st September 2009, 16:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
What is WAP registration?
WAP Stands for Registration Without Address Proof, I am not sure what’s exactly meant by this. The alternate option if to have your lease agreement copy Notarized or get an affidavit from a Magistrate about your address proof, check with an RTO agent on the same. I would suggest if the dealer is creating trouble then better approach a RTO agent and get the car registered this way.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi.

We took delivery of the vehicle w/o number plates day before yesterday. I will be going to Pandit for the plates today in the evening. When I last checked he did not have the number.

The lease agreement worked out for us in the end. I am guessing a bit of under the table might have been involved.

Many many thanks to everyone who replied!

@nik1982

Delhi RTO does not create many issues afaik. Which dealer are you dealing with.
You can use your LIC policy as address proof as well. For a comprehensive list check out the CMVR details on the Haryana RTO website.
Also, you can get it done yourself through an RTO agent outside. That'll save you a bit of money as well.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
First I thought you might be referring to a temple pujari...!!!

But seriously, is your brother working somewhere in Pune? Ask him to get an employment certificate from his company on it's letterhead. That suffices in most places.
I think this is more than sufficient in case you do not have a permanent address proof.I have used this on several occasions like opening bank account, applying for BSNL connection etc.Approach RTO directly and ask them what is your alternative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks