Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 20:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pandit claims Registration impossible w/o permanent address proof

Hi,

My brother booked a Punto 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pk with Pandit Auto in the first week of the month and we had been promised delivery on the 21st.

Now, the sales rep at Pandit says that the registration can not take place unless we can furnish a permanent residency proof. My brother stays at a rented accommodation in Pune. We have a lease document for the place.
Unfortunately his passport expired a few months ago and he does not have any other proof to suffice for permanent address.

I read the CMVR rules and it mentions that the lease document when attested is sufficient. But, the sales rep claims that the Pune RTO requires a permanent address proof as well.

Can someone please confirm whether it really is required and could suggest ways around this problem.
Old 18th September 2009, 07:18   #2
BHPian

Hi
Do they accept airtel bills? If so, you could take an airtel connection in a couple of days!
Regards
Prasad
Old 18th September 2009, 09:46   #3
BHPian

I have the same issues in getting my Punto registered in Thane RTO. I have given the dealer Airtel Bills but he is saying RTO wants MTNL or BSNL bills. The options he is giving to me is

1. Get the Original Lease Agreement for the Rental Flat (its with the Landlord)
2. Get atleast the original Electricity, MTNL or BSNL bill
3. Go for WAP registration by paying another Rs.4500.

Any suggestions?
Old 18th September 2009, 11:37   #4
BHPian

I had similar problems. I moved to chennai and bought a house.
The house is my name and the RTO does not want to accept that as proof of residence ? They would accept rental documents but not house ownership documents ? strange...

I am with airtel ( very happy with their service ) , now i have also got a BSNL connection ( waste of money...!! grr ) just to have a proof of my residence !
Old 18th September 2009, 11:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

LOL! I though how come holy Pandits are now responsible for registration of vehicles also they need permanent address proof (to do puja).

It seems Pandit predicted to have inauspicious event (registration) without some required formalities(address proof).
Old 18th September 2009, 12:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

You can get PSU bank account opened and on its proof, take the car delivery after its >1 month old. Best would be to ask parents of colleagues.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Or you can ask the showroom that you would be doing registration yourself.

Talk to any RTO agent. Usually RTO would accept an affidavit + Lease agreement after "persuasion" by RTO agent.

OTOH that would save 5 - 6k that dealers charge as registration charges (on top of actual road tax + RTO registration charges).
Old 18th September 2009, 12:46   #8
BHPian

but why PSU banks or BSNL, MTNL. Does this mean the Govt. is not confident on the address validation measures that Private Sector Banks & Telecom Operators do. Or this just a way for the RTO agents and brokers to mint more money out of the consumer? I really don't understand a Govt. Organization not accepting even a sale dead of a property as a valid proof of address.. Thats really amusing.....
Old 18th September 2009, 12:46   #9
BHPian

First I thought you might be referring to a temple pujari...!!!

But seriously, is your brother working somewhere in Pune? Ask him to get an employment certificate from his company on it's letterhead. That suffices in most places.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:52   #10
BHPian

The front page of the Passport if IIRC contains just the photo, name and address right? Will a copy of that not suffice as address proof?

Edit: In 2002, while I was getting a car registered in my Bro's name in Hyderabad (for which he did not have an address proof) all we had to do was submit the electricity bill (which was in the name of the house owner) and an affidavit. You could try that avenue too.

Last edited by suren181 : 18th September 2009 at 12:54.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

An expired passport is not a valid address proof. (Ref : Post #1)
Old 18th September 2009, 13:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
LOL! I though how come holy Pandits are now responsible for registration of vehicles also they need permanent address proof (to do puja).
I was wondering the same.The title of this thread leaves you a bit confused.It should be changed to Pandit Auto or Pandit Motors ,whatever it is.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for the weirdly worded thread title. I did not want to make it too long.

Thanks a lot for the replies.

We do have a rent agreement. But Mr.Sachin Patil of Pandit Auto claims that the RTO requires a permanent address proof along with the rent agreement.

Someone in Pune who has recently bought a car might be able to throw light on wether this is required at all.

We also have landline bills from Tata Tele. We have also obtained a residence proof from his company's HR rep.

I do not understand why just a rent agreement does not suffice.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I do not understand why just a rent agreement does not suffice.
Only govt issues document are considered for address proof. However there is a provision of submitting a affidavit if such proof is not available.

If dealer is not willing to work with it, ask any RTO agent they will handle it (and save you money).

Another issues is, in Metro cities RTO has become more cautious and would not "easily" consider documents that can be faked easily (E.g. Gas connection papers / Utility bills).
Old 20th September 2009, 02:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The sales guy called yesterday to confirm that most of the work is done. Because the RTO is closed we'll obtain the number latest by Tuesday evening.
He told us we can drive within Pune without the number plate for now. Is that true?
Afaik it isn't in Delhi. I do see a lot of A/F cars in Uttarakhand though.

Also what sort of receipt or confirmation of registration can I expect?

Last... Congrats to me!! Finally the Punto is coming home! I am flying to Pune this Monday for the delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks