Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 09:13   #1
BHPian

Skoda dealer Chandigarh -- Krishna Auto -- pathetic salesmanship

On Dashera, I called Krishna Auto, Chandigarh, for a test drive of the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI. I was told that the demo car was away to Jalandhar and I'll have to wait. This is exactly the answer I got from them two months ago. During this two-month period, I was not contacted by them despite leaving my phone No. and address with them.

Then I requested Krishna Auto to let me test drive the Laura 1.8 TSI again. "Again," was the discouraging reply by the sales representative, Harsh Sabharwal. Very, very reluctantly he agreed to do so. On reaching my place, the first thing he told me that my decision making was very slow and that he had clients who took spot decisions, etc. I explained to him that I liked the car but was not sure whether I should I buy it as I was keen on a DSG auto transmission and also that it lacked basic features like audio/ac controls on the steering, etc. But I was having a second look as the engine was excellent and the price was tempting.

While driving, he simply would not answer my queries properly. If I enquired about a feature, he would say "I told you this last time," and look the other way. After about seven to ten minutes, he asked me to return home as he had other work. His whole demeanour was putting off.

When I enquired whether he gave customer feedback to his dealer, who could then pass it on to Skoda, he said that he did not feel it necessary to do so as customers could contact Skoda direct.

I must say, however, that when I called the General Manager of Krishna Auto he was very apologetic and wanted to come over personally to give me another test drive.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ouch, that's an arrogant salesman if I ever saw one. I've had a couple of experiences myself, spanning across different brands. He's not going to be meeting his targets with that kinda attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
I must say, however, that when I called the General Manager of Krishna Auto he was very apologetic and wanted to come over personally to give me another test drive.
Now, that's the right guy in the right place. Hope he gives Mr. Rude a thorough dressing down.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:33   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

give the dealer a written complaint - cc it to Skoda India as well as to the local Times of India and a few Car Magazines and ask them to note it as feedback.

when the dealer sees the letter the owner (if he is indeed interested in business) will probably land up at your doorstep and/ or Mr Harsh Sabharwal will lose his job unless of course, he is the owner or owners relative!

tough on you mate - but I cannot understand how such Premium (read expensive) cars get sold through dealers of this kind. One hardly finds troubles of this level happening at other showrooms selling the "value" segment cars!
Old 29th September 2009, 15:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
After about seven to ten minutes, he asked me to return home as he had other work.
What a joke! Other work? Then what's he doing masquerading as a car salesman?

After all the muck that has been raised here, one would think this company's cleaned up it's act. No luck.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:04   #5
BANNED

Maybe he is warning you to avoid Skoda to prevent subsequent problems!
Old 29th September 2009, 16:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude, the salesman was probably sending you a cryptic message- 'Stay away from Skoda'. So did the GM come over personally and give you a TD?
Old 29th September 2009, 16:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Man! This is the limit. Please do not buy a skoda. If the presales attitude is like this, i shudder to think what their A.S.S would be.

O.T: Please ask the GM to come personally with the car, and make him wait for at least a couple of hours, and tell him that you have some 'other work' and ask him to clear out!
Old 29th September 2009, 17:29   #8
BHPian

@ivar1951 - i had a similar experience with Hyundai dealers in Mumbai. The chumps would not give me a td for i20. Initially I called different dealers 2-3 times. Then I went to the nearest dealer (after calling them) and booking myself for a td. Frustated after 1 hour of not being attended to, my kid also being cranky, I gave up.

At the end, I was looking for the fully loaded model and then with the huge price difference in comparision to Punto E+, I decided to give up. I mean not one dealer from the entire gang in Mumbai could schedule a td was a shame for Hyundai.

Maruti which is a stones throw away from the Hyundai showroom gave me a better customer experience when I inquired about the Ritz and SX4.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:35   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Man! This is the limit. Please do not buy a skoda. If the presales attitude is like this, i shudder to think what their A.S.S would be.:
C'mon, lets cut Skoda some slack on this thread. As posted earlier, I've encountered the same problem from many a brand.
Old 30th September 2009, 00:28   #10

Agree with GTO, this seems like a dealer problem rather than a Skoda problem. I will even go on to say that instead of the dealer it seems to be a salesman problem as the GM was apologetic. Such people can be be anywhere and not just limited to Auto Dealerships and particularly Skoda.

Also want to say that by judging by the GM's behavior it could be likely that he might have received many such complaints against the sales person.

PS : Just want to clear that I have nothing in favor or against Skoda.
Old 30th September 2009, 09:29   #11
BHPian

I had such a bad experience with hyundai due to which maruthi got a customer. I was looking out and had decided to go for i10 auto. requested the Hyundai dealer for a test drive but never got it. so had to walk away and ended up on swift dizire (due to the sales man @ maruthi). 3 times i went to hyundai but was not able to get a testdrive and even they never bothered to call back for the same. I guess company has to take these seriously and act upon the dealers.
Old 30th September 2009, 23:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

I don't think blaming Skoda for this is right. It pretty much comes down to the dealers for stuff like this.
I hope the GM takes action against the errant fool. A strongly worded follow-up complaint would ensure that something happens.
They have got some really great cars...Its really a shame to see them waste it all like this.
Old 30th September 2009, 23:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

The guy must have been trained in their Service Centre..
Old 30th September 2009, 23:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
C'mon, lets cut Skoda some slack on this thread. As posted earlier, I've encountered the same problem from many a brand.

GTO,

I've got nothing against skoda, but from recent threads, its quite obvious that most of their cars give trouble, which means, a lot of support from the dealer will be needed. If the dealer is acting arrogant even before the car is bought, one can imagine the plight of the customer, if he has any problem with the car later on.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Dude, the salesman was probably sending you a cryptic message- 'Stay away from Skoda'. So did the GM come over personally and give you a TD?
Not a word from the GM so far! Some concern for selling Skoda cars.

This reminds me of the incident at Chandigarh's leading sweets shop -- Sai Sweets -- a decade or two ago. When I was paying the bill at the counter, the lady owner -- on her own -- asked how were the gulab jamuns. I told her that I found the centre portion to be hard. To my surprise, she said: "I don't agree with you and if you don't like my sweets don't come back." Each time I passed the shop, I saw that it was always full. But slowly, perhaps due to her attitude to customer response, I began to see an almost empty shop.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 1st October 2009 at 17:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks