Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 23:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
...If someone is going to buy a car, will he buy something he doesnt like and then try to adjust to it or would he buy the one he likes the most.

This was a complete deal breaker for me and I walked out.

And since I had read that the new ones come with better interiors, I'm gonna give another try to a different dealership!......
Quote:
.....I must admit, I'm heartbroken! :(
Since I'll be driving in the city most of the time, this doesn't seem to be the car for me!

Anyways, I'll give Punto another chance to impress me via a TD, before I move on!......
Reading all the above statements, I don't think that salesman attitude was a deal breaker for you!

So, the title of thread is wrong!
You should have simply added a post in Punto TD thread!
Old 6th October 2009, 23:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Actually I realized the second statement ("this doesn't seem to be the car for me!") only after I read somebodystopme's TD experience!

But I'm not going back to the same dealership again!
Though the salesman there seemed to be interested in catering to us, but he was giving vague answers to my queries!
Old 7th October 2009, 10:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I realized the second statement ("this doesn't seem to be the car for me!") only after I read somebodystopme's TD experience!

But I'm not going back to the same dealership again!
Though the salesman there seemed to be interested in catering to us, but he was giving vague answers to my queries!
I will strongly suggest you to try RAMA motors, I can pass you number of one of the sales executives there who had come to give a TD to me, you can either call him over or go to okhla to TD the car. The guy's name is gyanendra and is super nice.
I'll PM you his number.

But only decide after Tding the car, Test drive not with the mindset, that its slow, but with the mindset if you can live with it. Thats what I did and the answer is almost a Yes!
But still dont want to do a mistake for 6-7 years so am going to Td i20 too. Are you going for any kind of loan? Then its best to start hunting for a loan and decide on car later coz these nationalised banks do take lot of time.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

bhai,

lots of chit chat. u forget basics.

car buy = dillogical. 1000 word posts don't solve that.

buy what you will sleep contentedly daily, not what you hate driving everyday.
15k service = peace of mind (mostly).
delhi = options in service.

so go punto

for city, mjd = lag + gear changes. i'd take a petrol anyday (not TD'd but my general prefs)
Old 7th October 2009, 10:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

update: FYI Rama = palio user group darling. pm architect for the owner's phone number

that should solve ALL issues. for service, samyak is god.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I will strongly suggest you to try RAMA motors, I can pass you number of one of the sales executives there who had come to give a TD to me, you can either call him over or go to okhla to TD the car. The guy's name is gyanendra and is super nice.
I'll PM you his number.

But only decide after Tding the car, Test drive not with the mindset, that its slow, but with the mindset if you can live with it. Thats what I did and the answer is almost a Yes!
But still dont want to do a mistake for 6-7 years so am going to Td i20 too. Are you going for any kind of loan? Then its best to start hunting for a loan and decide on car later coz these nationalised banks do take lot of time.
Thanks a lot for the info!

Going to Rama motors this weekend then!
And yea, gonna TD with a neutral mindset!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
update: FYI Rama = palio user group darling. pm architect for the owner's phone number

that should solve ALL issues. for service, samyak is god.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 7th October 2009, 20:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Sohail

I finally asked if there was any Punto available for a TD. Unfortunately, they had a 1.2 Dynamic only!

The 1.2 is available only in the Active trim.

@Somebodystopme

Hehe, your dad is right to some extent. Even though your driving style will easily adapt and the Punto will become superb fun to throw around, if it seems heavy and sluggish you wouldn't buy it without a hitch.

How about you check the 1.3 active? You'll save quite a bit and you can get some nice seat covers and a hot ICE to boot. According to Anshuman the 1.3 frees up considerably after you clock in some decent miles.
Old 7th October 2009, 23:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
@Somebodystopme

Hehe, your dad is right to some extent. Even though your driving style will easily adapt and the Punto will become superb fun to throw around, if it seems heavy and sluggish you wouldn't buy it without a hitch.

How about you check the 1.3 active? You'll save quite a bit and you can get some nice seat covers and a hot ICE to boot. According to Anshuman the 1.3 frees up considerably after you clock in some decent miles.
Yeah I read that in anshuman's thread, but i dont warrant a diesel, moreover safety features are a must for me, as i was taught in my main thread which was deleted as usual.
And the active is too basic for my taste. I like getting lot of goodies along with my car. Thats one main reason am going for punto e+. I would rather go for i20 asta then punto diesel active.

Anyway am going on a extended TD on i20 tommorow, lets see if I fall out of punto infatuation or not after that.
Cheers
Old 3rd June 2011, 01:57   #24
BHPian

Re: Dealer Experience - Sanya Auto, New Delhi

Guys I am relocating from Bangalore to Delhi and would like to buy s Grande Punto Emotion Pack Diesel once I reach Dellhi. Since I have decided on the car, I have no problem. The problem arises in the dealer. So can anyone guide to a good delaer in Delhi where I can get the best deal ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks