Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 16:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Send a mail to Mr. Rahul Bajaj himself - rahulbajaj@bajajauto.co.in. Point him to this thread. He is the chairman of Bajaj Allianz . See The Bajaj Group.

For the workshop related problems send a mail to Mangesh Kodalkar. - Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com
Old 15th October 2009, 17:59   #32
BHPian

Being a customer in India is a curse !

I have experienced it when my TV went kaput within warranty period.

I went through it when I wanted to claim insurance for my wife's Scooty.

I have experienced it when I had problems with my Euroclean vacuume cleaner.

Phillips home theater system (gives terrible shock when I touch the body, been complaining for the last 3 months)

Videocon washing machine

Samsung computer monitor

Wipro Wep computer UPS

Nikon photo camera

Had terrible problem with ugly neighbourhood cable wala. Went for TataSky DTH (less said the better, to hell with them !). Turned out that they are worse than the ugly neighbourhood cable wala !

Now, its time to renew my car Insurance. They have taken cheque and all the documents 25 days back. Every other day they are calling me and asking for some more documents. Insurance will lapse on 17/10/2009. They are still calling me and asking for NCB cert from previous insurer. Now, they are asking me to fax them Insurance renewal notice. I am spending sleepless nights worrying that they will lapse my car insurance...

I will say it again. Being a customer is a curse

Last edited by BomBatt : 15th October 2009 at 18:07.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:34   #33
BHPian

Thursday today,and here we go again.
Today let me introduce to you,two more characters of the story,The manager of the service centre,the claim manager at bajaj-allianz.

I called up the service advisor in the morning,he says the front bumper is being painted,rest of the job is done,if i can manage the dispatch order from the surveyor tomorrow morning he'll deliver the car,and since he knows this particular surveyor is an ******[he has a reputation],he doesn't expect the order.

I say yay!! and call up the surveyor,and surprise,surprise,he says tomorrow is a holiday as the company is closed,saturday is ramji's day,sunday is holiday,so basically ******** monday. And the tone this guy uses is just horrid.I restrain from getting into a verbal duel again,but do mention the fact that he should learn some manners.

But he does say one thing,that if i can get the bills from the workshop today itself by 4,he'll send the dispatch order by 6,so that i can take the delivery of the car by tomorrow.I say fine,hoping rama motors will oblige,and just give out the bill,while the paint dries.

So i call up the service advisor again,and he flat out refuses,i tell him that diwali is here,i want my car back,he says he can't help it,i tell him to put the
workshop manager on the line. The manager who is a pretty supportive guy,says he WILL wind up the work today,and give the car tomorrow.

But i still have some major reservations,about this whole holiday claim thing.
which led me to call up the b-a customer care centre.
I asked the c.c. executive,as to whether tomorrow was off,he says no clue,puts me on conference with the claim manager.[referred to as c.m. now onwards].

This is the same guy whom i had spoken with earlier in the week ,monday to be specific,and this guy had refused to take my calls thereafter.So he comes on-line,i ask him whether the company is open tomorrow or not,he says,to be precise....."what holiday?who told you this?"

Now this time i had caught the surveyor,with a sly smile on my face,i gave him the policy details,and ask him to put the surveyor on conference,hehehehe,a fight club dialogue flashed into my head "fasten your seatbelts,we just lost cabin pressure...."""

The surveyor,lets call him champu,tells c.m. that i am lying.
Now get this champu to c.m...... this ***** customer is lying.Champu says what bullshit,he never said it was a off day tomorrow,and again goes on and on,and on forever trying to cover up in his horrid tone.

I had already told the c.m. the car was already ready,even though it was not,and demanded to get a dispatch tomorrow,and champu used this fact to support his claim that i was lying about the whole situation.

C.m. asks me to explain first,i ask him why champu didn't land up on thursday,friday,saturday or sunday last week,champu again goes off again,"not my fault,not my fault,the car wasn't there,i wasn't handling the claim till then,the intimation wasn't done and a multitude of every possible excuse"" and again he starts going hyper.

Lies over lies over lies,and on top of that,he is putting all the blame on me.I ask the c.m. to check the claim date,he states 8th of october,i ask him the approval date he says 14th of october,i ask him to calculate the balance of days himself,as champu had already spoken about visiting the workshop on monday.

Now hyper champu,got more hyper,he asks me to specifically come down to the service centre,and prove to him that the car is ready,cleverly changing the topic.I tell him and these are my exact words,"tere baap ki naukri kar rakhi hi hai ********,jo 100 km up-down karoon saatvi baar ek hafte mein...",by now the c.m. has had enough.

So he decides to intervene,and says that no matter what the car will be delivered tomorrow,and no problems will be there from their end.He also ****** the surveyor and asks him"tamiz nahin,hain customer se baat kaise karte hain.....""

I get a call from the service advisor half an hour later,and he proudly claims,the re-inspection has been done,everything is set,the car is minte tomorrow morning.I am again very very surprised,because the car wasn't ready,and now suddenly everything is done.

I'll update the story in a bit guys,have to catch an auto to reach someone's place to deliver diwali ki khushiyaan.

Be back soon..
To be continued.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by bblost : 15th October 2009 at 21:41.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:24   #34
BANNED

My suggestion - run this through patiently with Bajaj Allianz.

Once the claim is settled, (1) Take a separate insurance policy.

(2) Send notices to B-A AND the surveyor for the expenses of hiring alternative transport for the delay period.

The surveyor is usually an independent guy and not an employee of the insurance company. So, ifyou proceed against the insurance co alone, they will wash their hands off.

Make sure you have documented all the timings, etc.

Edit:- Do you have a hearing problem?? At this distance, and through your posts, I can hear the surveyor saying "pay me $$$ and I will speed this up".

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 15th October 2009 at 22:25.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Edit:- Do you have a hearing problem?? At this distance, and through your posts, I can hear the surveyor saying "pay me $$$ and I will speed this up".
+1
Yes indeed, it seems like that he wants some money to resolve the issue quickly. Dont guy by Tata tea ads, in India you have to pay to get work done, "chai" se kuch nahin hota.

@ Smilenow
Serv centre has done a nice job i think, dude do change the insurer asap. Nice interactions with champu
Diwali ki khushiyan is becoming a bane, delivering gifts and sweets and getting stuck in jams for 3-4 hours.
Why dont you get the 7.50/km indicabs, atleast better than autos.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

smilenow, please check your Private Messages.
Old 16th October 2009, 00:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
@smilenow, have you seen this link ?

https://www.bajajallianz.com/BagicNx...back/index.jsp

You can complain against the agent here.
Thats for the sales agent as the options listed pertain to the sales agent, but thank you so much for snooping around the website for me.Really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I am just concerned about one thing - why did you not go to Samyak? Of all the dealerships, he is by far the best one. And from all the reports, there is no way in hell that Sharma ji would've let his staff talk like that! I agree that the dealership is really cooking up bills here - that's bloddy expensive any which way
I just didn't know about samyak,till you mentioned it here,will go the next time,and hopefully not soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
A bent tie rod and they change the whole steering assembly! Thats taking the proactive thing too far and less said about BA, the better.
A-one motors moti nagar specifically stated that tie rods were available,the showed me a spare part manual for linea which had the tie rod end listed at 1417 mrp,and a steering assembly which is the same for punto at 25,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
When your car is repaired and back safe & sound with you, do 2 things:

1.Lodge a complaint against the surveyor using the link given by sdp1975.

2. Write a stinker of a review about BA on TBHP and MOVIE Review, HOTEL Review, MOBILE PHONE Review, BOOK Review, CAR Review, CAMERA Review - MouthShut.com. Even if it makes 1 person stay away from BA, it'll be worth your time and effort. A lot of corporates do keep an eye on Mouthshut. So you never know, you might be pleasantly surprised with an apology call, though it will be too little too late.

All the best.
Thanks for the suggestion,mouthshut here i come!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Send a mail to Mr. Rahul Bajaj himself - rahulbajaj@bajajauto.co.in. Point him to this thread. He is the chairman of Bajaj Allianz . See The Bajaj Group.

For the workshop related problems send a mail to Mangesh Kodalkar. - Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com
Will surely do that,in a couple of days,thank you so much for the e-mail address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
N'ah man,don't have a hearing problem,i understood this after talking to the guy in the first instant,but he spoke/shouted/blamed me for everything in such a manner that i didn't want to give him a single paise,and still get the work done.To tell you honestly,i would have thought about paying him,had he not gotten hyper in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj2402 View Post
+1
Yes indeed, it seems like that he wants some money to resolve the issue quickly. Dont guy by Tata tea ads, in India you have to pay to get work done, "chai" se kuch nahin hota.

@ Smilenow
Serv centre has done a nice job i think, dude do change the insurer asap. Nice interactions with champu
Diwali ki khushiyan is becoming a bane, delivering gifts and sweets and getting stuck in jams for 3-4 hours.
Why dont you get the 7.50/km indicabs, atleast better than autos.
Yes,service centre has done a good job,although the only problem with them is,that like a-one motors suggested,tie rod ends are available,and the whole steering assembly was in no need of a change.I don't have any qualms with rama motors,their service manager Avinash has supported me quite well in this ordeal,and i understand his position too,that they can't do anything till the insurance company clears the car,but now ever since they have started work,they have been quite quick in rectifying the problems.
And,
Can't manage to find a single cab,they are all pre-booked,and that too at 15inr/km,the waiting time is 2 hours!!And ramji is coming home quite soon!!

To all the guys who mentioned getting in touch with Mangesh,apart from one niggle i think it'll be unfair on my part to get the service guys thrashed.After all,they are ready to give the car tomorrow morning,after starting work on wednesday evening.
The minor niggle is i still can't gulp down the fact,that if the tie rod gets bent in the future,the whole damn steering assembly needs to be changed?????

As i mentioned earlier about a-one motors,i have personally seen the tie rod end available in linea's catalogue[linea and punto's mechanical parts are common],and if a-one motors had the part in stock,i would have paid them 2000inr and got it replaced.But then they weren't just as competent as the rama guys and they had no clue about fiat's,when i enquired a bit.

The rama guys did the intimation in a jiffy,put in the claim,and if the insurance guy had co-operated i would have gotten the car back by last saturday,but they insisted to get the steering assembly changed and are still adamant that tie rod end is not available.I let it go as there was no option,the car was eating up the spare tire,there was 'khat-khat' noise form the right shocker etc,so didn't want to take the car around more as it had travelled about 80 kms after the accident.

As Avinash had promised on the phone,he actually finished the car's work by evening,so that champu was left dumbstruck too.
Bottom-line is don't have a problem with fiat a.s.s,apart from the lie,nothing more.I 'll give them a diwali gift if they deliver the car tomorrow morning,it'll make life a lot simpler not for me,but mostly for my mother and sister,who are doing all the work without the car.

The whole damn issue was champu and b-a,i just want to make him 'jiggy wiggy' in delhi+diwali traffic for a week,without his only car,with gifts,and travelling from North delhi to south delhi,and get lied to,all this while.

But then there is always the law of 'karm-a'.
Old 16th October 2009, 01:20   #38
BHPian

Just checked this,seems i am not alone,
BAJAJ ALLIANZ GENERAL INSURANCE Review, BAJAJ ALLIANZ GENERAL INSURANCE Company, India, Mediclaim - MouthShut.com

Almost every review is rated a single star,especially the car related ones.
Old 16th October 2009, 10:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Just checked this,seems i am not alone,
BAJAJ ALLIANZ GENERAL INSURANCE Review, BAJAJ ALLIANZ GENERAL INSURANCE Company, India, Mediclaim - MouthShut.com

Almost every review is rated a single star,especially the car related ones.
The irony is that most insurance company review are bad.. one or two stars!
Old 16th October 2009, 12:30   #40
BHPian

Wow!
As a co-Punto owner,I really feel sorry for you bro.

I too met with an unfortunate accident on the 14th.
Went to the service center on 15th. Met my regular service guy. He checked the damages and quickly calls up the in house insurance guy.(I definitely remember him telling the guy that 'He's one of us').Felt good to hear that.After that it was a breeze. All the formalities were completed within 30 mins flat and I can expect the car back by mid of next week.

I have got the cashless insurance from Tata AIG. Lets see how they perform.After seeing your harrowing experience, I was a bit scared. Till now, everything seems fine.

My car has the entire right side scratched and a couple of decent sized dents on the door.
The guy has also agreed to touch up all the other minor bangalore-scratches (Bangaloreans know what this one is, for outsiders, these are the indelible marks left by our beloved bikes,autos,trucks,cabs and fellow drivers).
Old 16th October 2009, 12:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

At least I'm happy with my insurance ( new india I think) . I've had to claim insurance to the tune of around 1.5L over the last three years, with a claim each year, and they have been very co operative
Old 16th October 2009, 23:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just repeating what I've alrready told you, smilenow.

Going by my interaction with Rama Motors (and the fact that I've mostly dealt with the owner's son or maybe he's the owner), I don't think he would be creating the trouble.

I've got good service from them. Their trouble shooting and problem solving skills with Fiats (i.e. the Palio family) may not be great and that's why I also go to Elegant (Samyak). So, from what I can gauge, dealer is not the problem. However, since GP and Linea are fresh launches, ideally Rama should be of same competence level as Samyak for the new breed of Fiats. (except for some typical Fiat stuff which is common between the old and the new)

Regarding the tie-rod, look, even ASC cannot advice replacing a component worth 30,000/- bucks just like that, when they know that an e-mail to Fiat / TML can make them answerable for replacing a 40,000 rupee part when they could have managed with a 4,000 rupee one.

It's simply, if you are not convinced that steering assembly needs to be changed, simply put in an e-mail to TML/Fiat in some strict words, but not rude ones. Trust me, if your complaint is serious, next day, entire dealer staff will be falling over each other asking you as to what they should do to fix the problem. If you want the right e-mail IDs, I have one or two with me too.

One thing I have learnt from 18 months with my Fiat. If you have a problem with the dealer, one e-mail to the right person at TML (preferably with CC to dealer) puts stuff into action. I am sure many people here would agree, including Maruti owners like phamilyman.

Regarding Bajaj Allianz, my experience with all Insurance Companies has been bad so far. Most of them make terrible clerical errors to start with, like getting Chassis nos. wrong. God knows what they will do with claims, as I have never put in a single claim for the last 6-7 years of ownership on my cars / two-wheelers (hope that this trend continues, touch wood!)
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

smilenow, any updates ? Did you manage to get the insurance claim and the repair work done ?
Old 10th November 2009, 21:18   #44
BANNED

Well i hope it all turned out well.
But i seriously would request you to tell FIAT why the whole assembly not just the ends?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks