Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 22:13   #1

experience at R D Motors kolkata

As my heart always rules over my head , i booked my fiat punto emotion pk 1.3 mjd on sept 22 '09 .
I will tell you about the emotion ( my and the car ) later.
regarding R D Motors ...
even after repeated assurance about the early delivery of the car which the sales person claimed will be within 10 days of the booking , they are yet to deliver it.
I don't know what to do as the man dealt with me has gone on leave and the asst sales manager says it will take about 7 days more .
unfortunately i have paid the entire sum and i believe i have got nothing to do now apart from pestering them to make it earlier .
The most important part of it is they take it so casually and lame excuses like there is a sudden increase in demand and non availability of rake etc.
so my excited and eager heart has to calm down, while i dream of the day when i will be able to touch my punto.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:29   #2
BHPian

Try contacting Fiat through thier website .
Old 15th October 2009, 18:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by song View Post
As my heart always rules over my head , i booked my fiat punto emotion pk 1.3 mjd on sept 22 '09 .
I will tell you about the emotion ( my and the car ) later.
regarding R D Motors ...
even after repeated assurance about the early delivery of the car which the sales person claimed will be within 10 days of the booking , they are yet to deliver it.
I don't know what to do as the man dealt with me has gone on leave and the asst sales manager says it will take about 7 days more .
unfortunately i have paid the entire sum and i believe i have got nothing to do now apart from pestering them to make it earlier .
The most important part of it is they take it so casually and lame excuses like there is a sudden increase in demand and non availability of rake etc.
so my excited and eager heart has to calm down, while i dream of the day when i will be able to touch my punto.
One of the worst mistakes is to pay in full. Brother, will you pay for everything first and then verify the product you get? There is no point in doing that. Neither is there any point in crying over spilt milk,
I suggest you meet the MD/GM of the showroom. If things don't get better, try lodging an FIR. That should work.
Out of all the Tata/Fiat dealers in Kolkata, RD Motors happen to be the worst; be it sales or service.
Just as a heads up, I do not know if Lexus Motors or French Motor Company are still there. If they are, you might want to take your car for servicing to them ( as and when you get the car in hand).
Old 17th October 2009, 10:12   #4

@rideon
Thanks for the concern
I realise the mistake of paying in full but is this the way the customers are going to be treated in this country forever ?
I have talked with the zonal Tata motors complaint section and spoke to the all india customer care .
I have also sent a fax to the sales manager ,fiat at Ranjangaon .
Lets hope for the best !
Old 19th October 2009, 12:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by song View Post
@rideon
Thanks for the concern
I realise the mistake of paying in full but is this the way the customers are going to be treated in this country forever ?
I have talked with the zonal Tata motors complaint section and spoke to the all india customer care .
I have also sent a fax to the sales manager ,fiat at Ranjangaon .
Lets hope for the best !
All the best to you brother. Hope everything gets sorted out at the earlier and leaves you enriched, but happy.
As we have said in many posts, blogs, forums, interviews over the various media types, it is the 'chalta hai' attitude of ours that is taking us to the slaughter house. That is one of the reason I said lodge an FIR. The dealer will realise that you cannot be just looked as just another customer.
Also, try barging into the GM/MD's room and blast him left, right, center and all the other angles. Most of the times, they are not aware what the sales guy is doing with the customer. I know it pains to take cudgels against people and you might also be worried about the service, but you need to take it up. Moreover, you need not go to RD for service. There are other TASS in Kolkata who are better than them.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:16   #6
BHPian

Hi Song,

I can understand the situation you might be going through at present. The eagerness to feel your car and also to get it in this festive season
I also got my Punto Emotion Petrol delivered through RD Motors, I didnt face any issue. I believe its might be one of a kind incident. Also, one of my friend to whom I referred RD got his Punto E+ Red bang on time.
Be it Lexus, KB or RD all are the same, I don't know about the service part, because mine yet to go for it's first.But, I did check there service center at Rajarhat and was impressed by the huge setup they have it there.
Who is your sales representative - Rajan?
Did you check with Lateef on it?
you can straight away call Rajeev Lohia (Head Sales - Tata and Fiat RD Motors) to know more on it.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

It Looks like that Punto dealers everywhere react in the same way i.e delay in delivering cars.?

There was another guy GTX007(see his thread), booked the car (similar model) on 1st september and since then fighting with the dealer with no positive response so far. I think this kind of incidents will make customers to think twice before booking the car?
Sorry to hear such stories
Old 19th October 2009, 16:38   #8
BHPian

R.D Motors
Which one.

Kestopur R.D Motor is pathetic.

Lexus Motors would have had been better option.
Old 19th October 2009, 17:49   #9

@gallant
Yes , rajan was the person . Then I spoke to Latif after complaining this whole thing to the zonal and all india customer care .
Latif was very polite and told me he is expected to get the car on saturday and as there will be 2 holidays , will get back to me on monday.
I am happy that bang on monday morning he called me saying the car is ready for inspection and he will be sending the same to rto the next day . he again apologised for the inconvenience .
I feel that there are a few incompetent people in their setup causing problem .
Thanks everybody for the concern !
Old 25th October 2009, 08:59   #10

At last my red beauty is now with me!

R D Motors have delivered my car at last ! What a relief !
I am interacting with my car as much as possible .
There was no problem whatsoever at the time of delivery . I strictly went by the team -bhp guideline .
Only complain is the spare wheel is not alloy .
Thanks everybody for sharing my problem ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks