Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Terrible experience GTX. Its really sad that customers are still treated so shabbily.

One really scary thing about the whole experience is that all the emails sent to Fiat also did not elicit any meaningful response. I mean, just what was FIAT doing when its customer was being shortchanged by the dealer? What was the effect of Rajeev's response that he will put someone on the case ASAP? Zilch?

I've seen the effect of a negative complaint about a Maruti dealer. Boy, Maruti really pulls the dealer up such that the dealer comes running to the customers place to make amends and resolve the compliant. No wonder, most Indians prefer a Maruti for the sheer peace of mind.

If this is how FIAT continues to deal with its customers, its a scary thought.
I would really think twice about buying a product from a company that cares so little for its consumers.

Wake up, FIAT Management. You've got some great products and the Indian customer is dying to give you a second chance. Dont mess it up again with your shoddy customer service.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

The problem is that the dealerships are managed by TATA and Fiat can do nothing about them.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
The problem is that the dealerships are managed by TATA and Fiat can do nothing about them.
Are you expecting me to believe that FIAT has NO leverage over the dealers selling its cars?

Seriously, the top management of a company cannot do anything for a customer who want to buy the product and is not able to?

Maybe Rajeev's response should have expressed this helplessness then. Why make grand promises that he will put someone on the case ASAP?
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

From what I've heard, sales and marketing of Fiat vehicles is handled by Tata.

There have been cases( see threads here) where Rajeev has asked the GM of a dealership to take care of things when a problem is reported by a customer, so it would be incorrect to say that Fiat has absolutely *no* leverage.

However, it's far, far,far less than what you'd see at Maruti/Hyundai.

For example, Maruti can cancel a dealership if there are repeated complaints. I'm sure Fiat can't do that, simply because it's not their dealership. One can only hope for things to improve ...

Last edited by sdp1975 : 22nd October 2009 at 13:23.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Oh no, don't think that. Concorde motors in Bangalore, which is a fully owned subsidiary refused to offer corporate discount when I booked the car(Salesman denied any discount, despite repeatedly asking). After paying full amount, I came to know of the corporate discount.

I mail the Asst. Product Manager (South) - Fiat Brands directly, and I get a response immediately. They instructed the dealership to send me a cheque for the discounted amount and even though Concorde dragged their feet for a week and I had to send couple more emails, they actually personally delivered the cheque.

So it is not as if FIAT is not bothered at all. I am happy with the way FIAT handled my case. I do not know what happened here, but seems the dealership is too rotten. Maybe they have more control over Concorde.

Last edited by kuttapan : 22nd October 2009 at 16:08.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:18   #81
BANNED

Why are the sentiments about Tata / Fiat control over their dealerships here very different from what we find here:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-scene-3.html
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:23   #82
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note: Guys, lets discuss the topic on hand please. We have enough threads to discuss the FIAT-TATA JV. Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

GTX- Have you got the refund cheque from RF?
Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:12   #84
BHPian

@GTX

Why no updates ? What is the status now ? Hope everything is going as per your plans. Please do update us.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

GTX, I hope you got your refund cheque the other day. I hope they didn't pull any dirty tricks on you at the last minute.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:35   #86
BHPian

Hey GTX,

Whats the status man ? hope you got your refund from RF.

Revert.
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:13   #87
BHPian

Sorry friends for the delay. I was a bit busy with some official preoccupations. The refund cheque is ready, amount- Rs. 50,000/-, I will collect it ASAP. Concorde says that new consignment of cars are yet to be loaded from the plant. They will confirm whether my car has been loaded in two days. They also said that a new Pure white colour is on the way. I am getting worried whether Bossanova White will be discontinued like Vocal white!
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

if it is discontinued, it is probably for a good reason, like what happened with vocal white ( the paint was peeling off from some cars) so its better you get the new one
Old 24th October 2009, 09:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

@GTX-

Once the cheque for Rs.50,000 in hand, start chasing them for interest payable for this amount for all these days they kept your money. Send them official letter by email/courier with a copy to Fiat.
Just not leave them easily.
Thanks
Old 24th October 2009, 10:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

If I were you, I'd go there every weekend, make a ruckus and ensure atleast ONE customer is lost.

Send them reminders 1 2 3 ... etc till they give up
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks