Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 17:20   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Came across this message on PUG. Still finding it difficult to believe that something like this could happen. It showcases the caution we need to exercise while purchasing a car.

It is very bad that Concorde is disowning their own sales guy; but

1. DD / Chequest have to be crossed a/c pay only.

2. The gentle man in question should approach a lawyer. I am very surprised that he has let the matter go just like that.

IMHO, when a DD is made out in favour of Condorde motors, and the DD is encashed by concorde motors, it is for them to prove that it was not for the benefit of the payee.

But yes, instances of sales men cheating the dealership and its customers alike are common.

In a way, it is very good that MSIL has a policy requiring a dealership to independently contact (that is, by different personnel) prospective customers till their purchase is recorded.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:44   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Anybody interested in seeing a ' 1949 white Punto ' can visit this link:
General: Just Bought A Grande Punto T-Jet Sporting - The FIAT Forum
Saw the link and couldn't resist comparing it to the Indian Punto. The UK one looks less equipped with no Automatic Climate Control even in the T-Jet model, dash however looks to have better quality materials, door pads and switches are all the same.

However, according to me the biggest compromise on Puntos here are those seats. Just look at them for all the support it provides for lumbar, under thigh and the works. Plastics remaining the same, why can't Fiat India provide those seats here, they even look awesome.

Yet another wishful thinking.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

GTX007, did you get your car delivered or still awaiting delivery ?
Old 16th November 2009, 20:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post

However, according to me the biggest compromise on Puntos here are those seats. Just look at them for all the support it provides for lumbar, under thigh and the works. Plastics remaining the same, why can't Fiat India provide those seats here, they even look awesome.

Yet another wishful thinking.
I agree 100%

How I wish my Punto had that comfortable wide front seats like my retro Palio is having!
Old 17th November 2009, 09:51   #110
Senior - BHPian

@GTX007

Whats the status now?
No update from you - you got your car delivered to you by now?
Thanks
Old 19th November 2009, 15:32   #111
BHPian

GTX,

whats the status now?

If you have not got the car, i think you should buy some other car and be done with it instead of going behind these fiat guys.

would be nice enough to let the guys here know the status now. I see we dont have any updates as on today.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 19th November 2009 at 15:33.
Old 20th November 2009, 13:06   #112
BHPian

The melancholy clouds have disappeared, the rays of HOPE has come

Starting my post with a heartfelt apology to all dear fellow bhpians for that long delay from my side.
It was not intentional dear friends, I was hooked with job preoccupations and some official assignments. I was out of station from the very start of November.

Now let me start narrating the course of events:

As you all know I had updated the thread conveying the message that I had changed the booking to Concorde Motors, Cochin. Actually I hadn't paid the booking amount the very day. It was just an oral commitment, Concorde Motors did me a favour that only if they can confirm that a White Punto E+ is punched and on transit for me I should pay the booking amount or make any further payments. I would like to make it a point that Concorde Motors, Cochin was fair and transparent in their dealings towards me.
But for about 9 days I didn't get any word from them regarding the vehicle's transit from Pune. I was afraid whether I was again waiting in vein.
In the meantime while I was travelling via Thrissur I just dropped in at Hyson Motors- Tata- Fiat dealer at Thrissur. The place is about 45 km away from my home town. To my surprise I was awaited at their stockyard by a Bossanova White Linea 1.4 E+. Addictive beauty and flowing lines, I could not resist admiring her again and again. Hyson motors also didn't have any White Punto in stock, saw without any result I left their showroom.
Now the climax friends!
Within a day something really wonderful happened, my father got transferred to my nearby hometown- so daily commutation reduced from 35 kms to a meager 10kms. That was a turning point for us since our economies of running a diesel car now remains an equation to be solved.
So friends, GUESS WHAT ??????
Without talking anymore let me break the suspense, at last I acquired the most beautiful car on Indian roads now. Yes, the White Linea mentioned above is now in my porch. It was a bit heavy for my budget, but with God's grace I was able to make it .

I invite all my friends to my detailed ownership thread which I will be starting in a day or so.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE WHOLEHEARTED SUPPORT. KUDOS TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF TEAM-BHP !

Guys, as a starter you all can see my baby below:

My dream of owning a Punto sabotaged by RF Motors, Cochin EDIT : Resolved-dscn1170copy.jpg
GTX007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2009, 13:48   #113
BHPian

GTx,

Congrats man, have many many nice drives with your car.

The car is fabulous in white, A Cinderalla !

i am very happy for you.
Old 20th November 2009, 13:52   #114
Senior - BHPian

Yeaaaah

Amazing man

Similar thing happened to me with General Motors, ultimately cancelled my booking and went in for an Accent

Congrats. Small pain lead to a big gain
Old 20th November 2009, 14:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

I can understand you fully. I really love hatches. Till the Linea was introduced, I never even thought of anything other than hatches/station wagons. But now, I am wondering whether I would eventually end up preferring Linea over Punto. Linea is one of the few sedans which looks as good/better than the hatch it is based on.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:15   #116
Senior - BHPian

@GTX007

may be all that was happened is now good for you.
You are a proud owner of a sedan of your liking instead of a hatchback.
So you booked /bought this car from Thrissur dealer?

Enjoy - drive safely

Cheers !
Old 20th November 2009, 14:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your purchase. the linea looks very nice in white.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

GTX, congrats!! That was quite a climax. I agree that the Linea is one of the best looking cars in India at the moment. Have fun driving.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, and please post a separate ownership thread !
Old 20th November 2009, 14:53   #120
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Linea Club. You are right that it is an "addictive beauty". Have fun! Please ask mods to change the title of this thread!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks