Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 20:28   #1
BHPian

Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues

I booked the Cedia new sports last month around 24th/25th with Raima Motors Hyderabad and paid a lac as booking amount. I was promised delivery by 15th, later postponed to 20th and now to 25th of Oct09.

The reason cited for delay was too many festival holidays which slowed production which is reasonable - I can understand that totally. This is my first vehicle ever and if I waited 7-8 yrs for this, a couple of weeks is not that much of an issue.(I could have theoretically bought a vehicle in 2000 but entrepreneurial ambitions forced me to be conservative and it is only this year that I am again able to afford a vehicle.)

What is not reasonable is lack of communication. Every time I called up, they promise to call back in 5 mins but after waiting for a day, I ended up calling them again without much success in obtaining reliable information.

Apparently the sales team at Raima is being revamped and I hope things will improve.

I will keep updating my experience with Raima and Cedia as I go along.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Actually, they should have been prepared for the Diwali weekend. Stats show there is a huge surge in deliveries around this auspicious period.

The Cedia is hardly moving off showroom floors, I'd think HM-Mitsu would do whatever they could to keep their few customers happy. What is absolutely inexcuseable is your having to chase them for updates!

Either ways, the Cedia Sports is an awesome drive. I do hope you get your delivery by the 25th. Overlook this small hiccup and don't let it sour your new car experience of a fab driving machine.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:26   #3
BHPian

Updates - revised opinion

This is a cross post from my Cedia ownership thread:

Excerpts:

Quote:
Have to really appreciate Raima workshop. Mr. Pandu Rangan(heads the work shop) and Mr. Vijaya Saradhi (Mgr.) actually took up cloth pieces to dry my car. Mr. Saradhi personally used air jet to dry all the nooks and crannies.
Of course I joined in too :-)

With this kind of care, I would urge all Hyd janata to at least go look at the Raima workshop even of you have cars of different makes. If you want body repairs done - this is the place. They do not service cars other than Mitsu.
I have totally revised my initial opinion of Raima.

Mr. Pandu Rangan was all the while discussing how Mitsu can reduce costs - he is miffed that every single part is imported. He wanted Mitsu to source some parts locally to reduce costs...apparently even the headlamp bulbs are imported. I personally wouldn't worry too much. I think they have a great car at a good price point. With Cruze, Civic and Skoda - the other driver's cars priced much higher, I don't see too much competition in this price range. Of course the interior luxury of the Cedia is not in the same league as the other cars too. Cedia tends to be spartan.

I keep wanting to hang around the workshop - They have broadband and will give you a patch cable and you can work while you wait for the car (if you have a laptop). So I don't miss work while getting to hang around cedias, lancers, pajeros, outlanders and monteros :-)
The actual post is here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1604437
Old 10th December 2009, 15:14   #4
BHPian

Revised opinion of Raima

I had given my wife's Swift at Raima for denting and painting. The quality was excellent and cost was reasonable. The workshop made a very slight dent (1-2 cms) not even clearly visible but they pointed it out to me voluntarily which I appreciate. I am pleased that they did not wait for me to discover it or try to cover it up as existing previously.
Raima made up for it by giving a valuable freebie which was more than equal to the minor dent and I am more than happy.

As promised, here are the 'before' and 'after' pics.

Rear door and fender "before":
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-25112009156.jpg
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-25112009157.jpg

Rear door and "after":
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-06122009167.jpg

Left wheel arch "before":
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-25112009158.jpg

Left wheel arch "after":
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-06122009168.jpg

hood badly scratched by miscreants "before": It is actually much worse than what it looks like in the pic
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-25112009159.jpg

hood "after"
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-06122009166.jpg

Front fender bottom "before":
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-25112009160_1.jpg

Front fender "after": You will notice that the photo is of the wrong side. After the workshop repaired the fender, I could not figure out which side was initially damaged :-) !!
That speaks a lot about the quality of work.
Raima of Hyderabad has communication issues-06122009165_1.jpg

Mods: You may want to change the title of the thread to Raima Motors *had* communication issues but quality of work is very good.

Last edited by kcnetid : 10th December 2009 at 15:27.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kcnetid,

Can you please share the cost of works for removing all these dents and scratches.
I have similar scratch on the bonnet of my car done by kids scratching on the bonnet with pen/pencil. Though after daily cleaning with wet and dry cloths it has faded quite a bit and at first look are not visible.
I need a dent on rear left wheel arch and rear left door to be removed.
The photos of the work done look quite good. Perfect execution, I must say.
Old 11th December 2009, 00:23   #6
BHPian

Well, I applied for insurance and I had UV coating as well as underbody coating as well.

If you remove the cost of the coatings, I think I paid Rs. 6k with the insurance chipping in for Rs. 4k or so. Their initial quote itself was pretty reasonable and I did not bother bargaining. The initial estimate was around Rs. 5k from my pocket + ~ Rs. 5k from insurance.

They have good equipment. You can check it out in their Hafizpet workshop. Ask for Mr. Pandurangan or Mr. Vijaya Saradhi or Mr. Rathode.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:49   #7
BHPian

Issues with Raima Motors

I definitely agree to that..There are so many people staffed on the showroom but in actual there is only one guy named Balraaj handling the entire sales.without him all the staff is handicapped and has no knowledged about anything.

I purchased cedia from Raima 3 months ago and still struggling hard to get the work done that was promised to me at the time of purchase.I have to call up these guys 10times a day and only once they pick up the call and would offer a call back in 5-10 mins and never turns up . Too bad on their part

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
I booked the Cedia new sports last month around 24th/25th with Raima Motors Hyderabad and paid a lac as booking amount. I was promised delivery by 15th, later postponed to 20th and now to 25th of Oct09.

The reason cited for delay was too many festival holidays which slowed production which is reasonable - I can understand that totally. This is my first vehicle ever and if I waited 7-8 yrs for this, a couple of weeks is not that much of an issue.(I could have theoretically bought a vehicle in 2000 but entrepreneurial ambitions forced me to be conservative and it is only this year that I am again able to afford a vehicle.)

What is not reasonable is lack of communication. Every time I called up, they promise to call back in 5 mins but after waiting for a day, I ended up calling them again without much success in obtaining reliable information.

Apparently the sales team at Raima is being revamped and I hope things will improve.

I will keep updating my experience with Raima and Cedia as I go along.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks